[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he hate everybody?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19
File: milkshakeguy.jpg (19 KB, 610x340) Image search: [Google]
milkshakeguy.jpg
19 KB, 610x340
>>
File: all_yippain.jpg (13 KB, 232x271) Image search: [Google]
all_yippain.jpg
13 KB, 232x271
>>63344924
>is a sociopathic capitalist

the system man...
>>
>>63344924
because everyone was a bastard in a basket
>>
>>63344924
>muh character motivations

FUCK YOU PLEB

TWBB WAS ART, ART I TELL YOU!!!!
>>
>>63344924
why do you?
>>
>>63345044
it was a well shot film you bastard in a basket
>>
because everyone isn't worth a shit
>>
>>63345049
because hes a BASTARD IN A BASKET!!!!!
>>
Everyone was a delusional, greedy, self-absorbed parasite, who believed in a fucking imaginary jew on a stick

He probably came from a huge family of freeloaders that all lived together in 1 travel trailer, mooching off their dying grandma's pension

Fucking liberal shits, I know his pain
>>
I kinda hated TWBB, I mean, there seemed to be no antagonist in it, the priest is only an annoyance, and the railroads are mentioned like 3 times
>>
Highly toxic and problematic male masculinity
>>
>>63345105
basically this, he was a self made man and yet people seemed to always think he owed them something. thats why he killed them. killed them all.
>>
File: 1438912911880.png (2 MB, 852x940) Image search: [Google]
1438912911880.png
2 MB, 852x940
>>63345105
>believed in a fucking imaginary jew on a stick
>>
>>63345134
the antagonist is everyone who wants him o do all the work and then act like he owes them something. you god dam BASTARD IN A BASKET
>>
>>63345134
Why the fuck do you believe everything needs an antagonist, and it was pretty clear the main character was also his worst enemy.
>>
File: russell.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
russell.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>63345105
>>
>>63345160
you know everything in that picture is true. and youre making fun of a fat boy in a hat . you're the truest scum there is.
>>
File: 1447911038350.gif (498 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
1447911038350.gif
498 KB, 255x235
>>63345231
>>
>>63345249
so a fat boy in a hat is funny?
>>
>>63345231
no I'm making fun of you fa.m
>>
I always thought it was because he became successful off his own hard work. Then he sees everyone else as either a parasite to his success, or an idiot believing in a false prophet. And he's pretty much right.
>>
>>63345314
how are you making fun of me fem
>>
>>63344924
have you managed a business anon? people are complete shit, lazy, greddy, whinning assholes

just managed a business and you will end hating them too
>>
>>63345160
>>63345212
To be honest, if you looked like *that* you probably wouldn't believe in god either

Dude looks like his dick has never seen the light of day
>>
>>63345352
I'm showing you how you appear to people when you make you "lol religion" comments
>>
>>63345348
>he became successful off his own hard work
>tricking farmers into selling him land he knows is filled with oil
>>
>>63345428
i dont care how you think i appear, religion a shit and only fucking actually retards follow any kind of religion. you should kill yourself m8

now, get back to sucking islams shit covered dick fA:m
>>
>>63345444
even so he did all the work and he mined minerals before that
>>
>>63345470
I'm an atheist. But you edgy "lol religion" faggots make us all look bad.
>>
>>63345444
he didnt trick anyone, he built his business from the ground up. he had the equipment and means and ability to do what they couldnt. they needed his help or some other company they couldnt do it on thier own. and he offred them reasonable rates. when that fuckwit tried to screw him over on a deal he milkshaked him so hard and then made him pay in blood, you get it yet dude?
>>
>>63345503
im not an edgy anything. youre the one who shitposts fedora memes like you think its clever. grow a fucking brain m8 being a liberal cock sucker to sound intelligent makes you sound like fucking pond scum.
>>
File: plebbit.jpg (18 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
plebbit.jpg
18 KB, 580x388
>>63345428
This is how you appear when you parrot epic memes bro :^)
>>
>>63345134
I kinda loved TWBB, but I realized I really just liked the music and cinematography, and acting and that all the dialogue spoken was inconsequential

If it was a movie about a man finding God I'd like it just the same
>>
>>63345530
PTA disagrees with this reading of the oil industry - hence the ending scene. you're not wrong that the main character rationalizes it like this, though.

It fun that PTA made a film that could be misunderstood by someone but remain enjoyable to them just because the villain protagonist shouts a lot. Kind of like what happened with the Sopranos I guess.
>>
>>63345567
>only fucking actually retards follow any kind of religion
>grow a fucking brain
Yes, I'm sure there are no religious scientists. You're smarter than them all.

I seriously hope you don't believe this.
>>
>>63345444
>tricking
Do you know what this word means?
>>
DDDDRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAIIINNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: jesus of nazareth.jpg (46 KB, 624x421) Image search: [Google]
jesus of nazareth.jpg
46 KB, 624x421
>>63345470
Christianity, pure Christ worship is redpilled as fuck.

>anti-degeneracy
>free from jewish consumerism
>pure ideals
>family
>hope
>simple lifestyle
>sacrifice
>hard work
>healthy diet
>tolerance
>lawful good lifestyle
>selflessness
>redemption
>salvation

Despite all the 'dark age' memes from Catholicism, I think if the mass majority didn't believe in God, we'd live in a kind of hell on Earth, and most people would either be killing themselves or others

Real or not, the symbology of Jesus Christ has saved mankind
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoLsqnKRKw

i love how much pleasure he takes in eli's pain.
>>
>>63345530
>he didnt trick anyone, he built his business from the ground up.

I have 5 successful wells producing all across the country! We'll build schools! Infrastructure!

Yeha, no, he was lying, exaggerating himself, bringing the boy around as a cute face to make him look like a family man.

He didn't give a shit about people, we was a pure capitalist.
>>
>>63345643
being a scientist doenst mean your religion suddenly has credence you fucking idiot. your god is a made up fantasy like santa and you need to grow the fuck up and most of all fuck off.
>>
>>63345643
the fact you believe in god a all means your too fucking stupid to hold a conversation.

>>63345711
follow chirst if you wish, thats your choice, but fuck off with the man in the sky crap. jesus was a pretty cool guy meh power level over 9000 told people to stop all the killing and got nailed to a cross for your sins and didnt afraid of nothing.

now kindly fuck off back to your mosques and praise a pedophile. .
>>
>>63345765
>Pure capitalist
What is that even? Did that word even exist back then? Its just the human drive to gather resources and be successful and elevate one self up. Its the natural instinct in any animal and it goes down to the base drives of reproduction. Some are just massively successful at it because of their particular set of traits so they end up with millions and they never stop. A capitalist you say. Just human instinct i say.
>>
>>63345787
>being a scientist doenst mean your religion suddenly has credence
I never said that. Try to follow this simple logic:

>only fucking actually retards follow any kind of religion
>there are religious scientists
>religious scientists are actually retards

Maybe you also missed the post where I said I was an atheist. Fuck, why am I even trying anymore.

>>63345837
Okay, so you're just illiterate.
>>
>>63345765
yeah but sometime you gotta lie to get ahead which he did. he came through on all the promises eventually. did you see his fucking house?
>>
>>63345711
This is the kind of nutjob that is allowed to crawl out of the woodwork when the fedora meme starts getting taken seriously.
>>
File: jesus_laughing_1.jpg (248 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
jesus_laughing_1.jpg
248 KB, 1200x1600
>>63345711
this tbqh family
>>
>>63345859
look didckhead, youre the one who think god is even real. and that a scientist who believes in god is somehow proof he his you're fucking retarded on a level ive never seen
>>
>>63345134
>movies need an antagonist

My head doth be shaking.
>>
>>63345765
i always figured the 5 successful wells part was true, the first 20 minutes of the movie show him working on his own(?) oil well. he also had enough money to buy a car, pay for materials for the well, and pay his workers.

he wasn't poor when he went to the sundae ranch. he was already pretty damn rich from what i can tell.
>>
File: mfw god is real.gif (4 MB, 210x214) Image search: [Google]
mfw god is real.gif
4 MB, 210x214
>>63345862
Yeah I'm a nutjob for believing in something greater than myself.

Because everyone who believes in God is a delusional, ignorant retard who denies science, and is a mindless slave for televangelists, and just wants to burn the Earth for supplies because they believe their real rewards are awaiting them in heaven.

I was like you before I realized that 99% of Christians don't actually believe in Jesus Christ, or understand his real message at all. You'll see the light someday.
>>
>>63345948
If you're rich, you don't go scouting out leads on your own, eating stale bread by a campfire.

He also wouldn't have been so angry about giving over $500 to Eli on the lead at the beginning.

It's obvious he had some minor success, probably a lot of months of no work and pinching pennies as well, but his real score wasn't until he found the Sunday ranch.
>>
>>63345899
You're funny
>>
>>63346061
$500 is a lot of money, especially back then, he had no idea if paul was lying either, that's why he was pissed

remember the shipping cost scene? he straight up says something like 'now we can make the real money we should've been making and not blowing it away on shipping costs'

he was already successful just not on the same level as after the ranch
>>
File: Tips fedora.jpg (533 KB, 2048x1216) Image search: [Google]
Tips fedora.jpg
533 KB, 2048x1216
>>63345837
>the fact you believe in god a all means your too fucking stupid to hold a conversation.

What if I told you that atheism was a bait-trap for edgy, self-hating youths, to lure you into becoming interested in science, with the ultimate goal of inspiring young people to give away their money to research groups, who sit around and leech off the academic system all day?

What if I told you that all those pretty CGI colorful nebulas in fact don't exist, that space is actually black and white to the human eye, and really scientists are filtering gases into photoshop to make Space (which is actually empty and boring as fuck) look like some miraculous adventure waiting to happen?

Because that's what's happening.

You have STEM people, trying hard to stay funded, trying hard to keep people interested in Mars and space, trying to keep their own interests and research flowing, they will say and do anything to keep young people interested.

Mars is a dead planet 1/3 the size of Earth.
Because we've spend millions of years adapting to this planet, recolonization of another planet for our species survival is an impossibility.
Space is not the future of mankind.
Stars and nebulas and astronomy have no useful scientific purpose.
NASA is a complete waste of money, and lives.

Your nerdy sci-fi dreams are not happening no matter how many Carl Sagans or Neil Tyson Degrasses try and convince you otherwise, with their enlightened 'muh space' speeches.

They just want your money.
>>
>>63344924
Because everybody was gibs me dat!
>>
File: jesus-u-mad.jpg (55 KB, 450x607) Image search: [Google]
jesus-u-mad.jpg
55 KB, 450x607
>>63345899
>youre the one who think god is even real

And you're the only one here who is angry.

God is real.
>>
>>63346302
this is advanced level trolling. I could not create a bait this fine if I lived for a hundred years.
>>
>>63346302
>>63345862
guys, guys.

can't we all come together in acknowledging that both science AND religion is full of shit, and that there is ultimately no hope for mankind irrespective of what we learn or who we pray to, and that all our hopes and dreams will disappear utterly and turn to dust?

I mean, what is the problem people have with just accepting that? are you fucking pussies or what?
>>
The film is an analogy of the cultural changes that followed the industrial revolution. Eli and his family represent pre-industrial, agrarian society. They are poor, ignorant, socially backward and highly religious. Their morality is based on the Gospels and the Old Testament. Bourgeois society is represented by Daniel Plainview, to whom everything is a matter of cold, economic calculation. He brings Eli's down into the 20th century, while stamping on their church and their morality. He represents the death of chivalry. If it's more economical for him to break a promise than to keep it he instantly does so and will never feel remorseful about what is for him nothing more than a business decision. When his son is deafened and thereby ceases to be of any use to Plainview's business, he ditches him on a train. Daniel is clearly mentally ill, and there are hints of a traumatic event at the root of his misanthropy. The point is, to be this pure of a capitalist you have to be some sort of manic depressive or sociopath.
>>
>>63346403
Science acknowledges it is full of shit.
>>
The plot of There will be Blood:

The bourgeoisie, wherever it has got the upper hand, has put an end to all feudal, patriarchal, idyllic relations. It has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his “natural superiors”, and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, than callous “cash payment”. It has drowned the most heavenly ecstasies of religious fervour, of chivalrous enthusiasm, of philistine sentimentalism, in the icy water of egotistical calculation. It has resolved personal worth into exchange value, and in place of the numberless indefeasible chartered freedoms, has set up that single, unconscionable freedom — Free Trade. In one word, for exploitation, veiled by religious and political illusions, it has substituted naked, shameless, direct, brutal exploitation.

The bourgeoisie has stripped of its halo every occupation hitherto honoured and looked up to with reverent awe. It has converted the physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage labourers.

The bourgeoisie has torn away from the family its sentimental veil, and has reduced the family relation to a mere money relation.
>>
>>63346425
>>63346495
nice reddit pasta
>>
>>63345711
>Religion is good! It's exactly like the ideal /pol/ lifestyle!

Not everyone thinks jews are behind everything. Even though your containment board has polluted this place there are still people who don't give two shits about politics in film.
>>
>>63346425
>Muh morals
>>
>>63346616
It's the communist manifesto you fucking pleb
>>
>>63346641
>there are still people who don't give two shits about politics in film
you mean plebs
>>
>>63344924
histrionic, npd (narcissism), and being ASEXUAL
>>
>>63346694
>muh idiotic American fantasy of one day joining the Plainvew class rather getting their boot in my guts every day until I die.
>>
>>63345857
>Did that word even exist back then?
Come back when you finish high school.
>>
>>63346715
what's the difference
>>
>>63345160
Nothing he said was wrong. Cool hat argument though
>>
>>63345711
>2016 in 26 days
>needing to believe in some dude created by ancient retard's to life a fulfilling life
>>
>>63345470
your only an athiest because every on else is, and its the "done" thing now , how about look into it first to understand why people belive in religious ideaolagy before you uneducatedly slander it
>>
>>63346403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ
>>
>>63345020
>>63345069
>>63345185
>BASTARD IN A BASKET
IT'S BASTARD FROM A BASKET NIGGER
>>
File: every argument ever.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
every argument ever.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>
>>63346641
I didn't say Jews were behind everything. Just consumerism.

Jesus Christ was a Jew and he taught a simplistic lifestyle not obsessed with material possessions.

He was a pretty cool Jew.
>>
File: John-Oliver-guest-hosting-010.jpg (27 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
John-Oliver-guest-hosting-010.jpg
27 KB, 460x276
>>63347405
Guys! GUYS!

IT'S 2016. TWENTY, SIXTEEN.

Why are you having hope and faith in 2016 you should completely give up because [YEAR] YOU FUCKING. GGGRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

>you
>>
>>63346302
pasta'd
>>
>>63346425
But Eli is an analogy to the church, he wasnt killed in the end. That was just Daniel's hallucination. The point of the film was, Eli built his church and grew bigger and expanded his heritage while Daniel died alone, and so did his mentally damaged son corrupted by greed. The legacy of capitalism is madness, while the legacy of religion is prosperity. There Will Be Blood is meant to be a modern biblical cautionary tale.
>>
>>63348145
>But Eli is an analogy to the church, he wasnt killed in the end. That was just Daniel's hallucination.
and you are basing this on what?
literally how did you make this shit up?
>>
File: Texas.jpg (136 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Texas.jpg
136 KB, 720x720
>>63346010
>Yeah I'm a nutjob for believing in something greater than myself.

there's plenty of tangible shit here in the real world you can put your faith in that's greater than yourself.
>>
>>63346235
$500 back in 1912 was worth several pounds of gold.
>>
File: jakegyllenhaal.jpg (27 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
jakegyllenhaal.jpg
27 KB, 620x350
>>
>>63346302
Pretty good 2bh familia
>>
>>63350576
He definitely didn't hate everybody. He was a sociopath he just didn't feel empathy. He was vindictive as well.

Everyone who did him wrong in anyway he retaliated 10 fold. Sabotaging the van, and letting his partner die.
>>
>>63350693
>you took my bargaining power away from me

That cold, emotionless look he gives his partner while he's dying.
>>
>>63346010
lmao you are such a faggot

If less than in 3 people globally is a Christian, and 99% of Christians aren't following Jesus's message, he didn't do a very good job at spreading it did he?
>>
>>63345292
yes
>>
>>63346403
>>>Reddit
>>
File: lehat.png (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lehat.png
26 KB, 640x480
>>63345160
>>
>>63345444
>he literally missed the first 15 minutes of film

That mute beginning explains OPs question
>>
>>63345292
even the words 'fat boy in a hat' are funny
>>
File: 1443246240081.png (81 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1443246240081.png
81 KB, 500x475
ITT
>>
holy fucking shit I hate this board so much
why does EVERYTHING have to be an argument about reddit
>>
>>63348145
>The director shows things to the audience so that the audience will completely make up bullshit that will fit their simplistic one sided ideology
>>
>>63346302
>NASA is useless
>Doesn't know that the NASA is basiclly a spy agency
Why the fuck do you think it gets so much funding. Other than this you are right. Atheism is fucking horsecock. I discard rhe opinions of all non atheists.
>>
File: 1432516297867.jpg (128 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1432516297867.jpg
128 KB, 530x600
>>63355016
>actually using Texas Sharpshooter: The Comic as a legitimate argument

You're actually making religious people look stupid senpai
>>
>>63355016
>evidence

Haven't you heard the news bubbo, nobody in the real world cares about evidence
>>
>>63347852

Consumerism has always existed though. Material possessions have always been viewed as status symbols. /pol/ is so accustomed to circle jerking with retards that they don't understand they are revealing their stupidity even when they say things they believe are trivial through overexposure.

>Consumerism is Jewish

This has become, in your disfigured mind, as fundamental as 1+1=2, but to anyone who can think and process information, that statement reveals you as a subhuman.
>>
>>63344924
>Why did he hate everybody?
Metaphor for a baby boomer.
>>
>>63344924
He literally explains it on in the ocean scene. He hates everybody because people like you don't pay attention to the fucking movie.

>inb4 reddit
>inb4 fat kids in hats
>>
>>63347815
I could care less.

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality, because it’s now like the pot calling the kettle cracked. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
>>
>>63347852
Wanna know how I can prove you wrong, extremely easily too?
Karl Marx was a Jew.
Back to >>>/pol/ you go you subhuman trash
>>
>>63355895
>I could care less.
stopped reading right here. learn english
>>
>>63357294
Irregardless, make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake. Accept the fax.
>>
File: 1444001235058.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444001235058.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>63357408
>>
>>63344924

Watch the movie an pay attention and you will find out. It is spelled out pretty damn well.

Also he just hates the majority of folks not all of them.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.