[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fargo better than True Detective?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 620x412
Is Fargo better than True Detective?
>>
S1 True Detective > S2 Fargo > S1 Fargo > S2 True Detective
>>
in the same way that alcohol is better than coffee
>>
>>63338438
Until S2 Fargo is over, I agree with this.
>>
S2 Fargo > S1 True Detective > S1 Fargo > S2 True Detective
>>
>>63338438
This is the correct opinion
>>
Yes, duh. Season 2 of both shows proved that.
>>
>>63338438
S1 True Detective > S2 Fargo > S1 Fargo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S2 True Detective
>>
>>63338428
is Season 2 of Fargo really better than Season 1? I really liked Season 1 of Fargo.

ACES
>>
Fargo's showrunners are actually good and sticking around, True Detective is left with Pizza. Fargo's probably just going to be better from now on.
>>
>>63338514
That elevator scene was aces af.
>>
>>63338428
yeah way better
>>
>>63338514
Different but good. I don't think any single character is as good as Lester or Malvo were, but the quality of the cast in general is higher I think. Also aliens.
>>
>>63338514
Season 2 so far has been so consistently fucking great, yeah. The cast is really fantastic again but this time around there's no drops in episode quality at all so far.
>>
>>63338478
this
>>
Is TD season 2 really that bad? I haven't seen it but my 14-year old brother loved it. He says Vince Vaughn is badass and that his monolugues are the best writing he's ever seen. His favourite movie is Fight Club
>>
>>63339082
If I was 14 years old I would've loved it too, but yeah, it's not very good
>>
>>63338478
S2 Fargo > S1 True Detective > S1 Fargo >>> S2 True Detective

fix'd for more accuracy
>>
Season 2 Fargo> Season 1 Fargo> TD 2 >>>>>>>>> TD 1
TD1 is overrated imo. season 2 at least had some decent shootouts and writing
>>
I just recently finished the second season of True Detective, and I don't see the hate.
And though I more or less agree with;
>>63338438

I didn't dislike season 2 at all.
>>
S2 Fargo > S1 Fargo > TD
>>
>>63338428
So does everyone here like S2 of Fargo more than S1? I feel like there's way too many characters and people I don't care about are excessively dying in every episode
>>
File: troi5.jpg (7 KB, 242x252) Image search: [Google]
troi5.jpg
7 KB, 242x252
>FAT DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63340646
>I feel like there's way too many characters

There really aren't, and even so, that's a problem with your slow brain, not the show itself
>>
>>63340685

Meat Damon
>>
>all these S2 fargo > S1 fargo retards
lmao rewatch s01e01 and realize how its superior in every single way
>>
>>63340746
this. Fargo S1>all
>>
>>63340746
S2 has been much more consistent in quality per episode imo

though they were both so good that it's a bit of a dumb dichotomy to create
>>
>>63341019
fargo is very good show. i am gald that i watching it on the internette
>>
>>63341019
All of the mid season stuff in season 1 with Malvo, it's always sunny in philedelphia and the supermarket king felt like a waste of time.
>>
File: Fat Pussy.jpg (30 KB, 530x502) Image search: [Google]
Fat Pussy.jpg
30 KB, 530x502
>all these fat pussies who didn't like TD Season 2

This is proof enough of how pleb /tv/ really is.
>>
>>63338428
Clearly, yes. But to be fair, they don't have the same purpose. TD tries to be edgy for edgy's sake, and Fargo just tells a good detective story about messed up crime stories.
>>
File: correct-mark-hi[1].png (32 KB, 594x600) Image search: [Google]
correct-mark-hi[1].png
32 KB, 594x600
>>63338505
>>
>>63338428

FAT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMON
>>
>>63340746
>s01e01

Singlehandedly carried by Billy Bob's performance, same with most of the best scenes of the season.

S2 is overall more balanced
>>
Supermarketfu>Camusfu
>>
>>63341523
This. Plebs think any show overloaded with tropes is good.
>>
Colin Farrell deserved better, but yeah, it is.
>>
>>63338438
TD s1 last episodes were fucked up, so its definitley not no.1.
Fargo is flawless.
>>
>>63341830
Nah lester was GOAT.
>>
>>63345268
>Fargo is flawless.

You brought this on yourself
>>
I actually liked season 2 of True Detective. The season had actual stackes to it. The characters felt like they were in danger meanwhile with season 1 you know the two leads are safe until the final minutes of the show. Also I enjoyed The Detective season 1 but the finally was very disappointing just felt very lackluster and not worth the build up. Granted both seasons have there flaws but I enjoy both. The writing is great, the characters are complex and fascinating. Also I still have yet to watch fargo but I want to
>>
>>63338669
how did they film this?
>>
File: 1446831046063-0.jpg (474 KB, 2696x1800) Image search: [Google]
1446831046063-0.jpg
474 KB, 2696x1800
>True Detective is a work of fiction
>Fargo is a fictional story that begins with "This is a True story."
>>
>>63341523
describe to me why frank was friends with ray. don't look it up.

true detective was a muddle of a show because it had too many main characters, none of them had good stories, and it wanted us to keep up with all of them.

i'm not a smart man, but i do score 99th percentile on every standardized test i have ever taken. i thought it was muddled. when frank goes to the widow's house, i was fucking lost. i had no idea what was going on. pure. fucking. gold.

it was shot very well. the cinematographer did awesome. the music was horrible. the pacing was ok. but we watch for the story, and there wasn't one.
>>
>>63346212
maybe a one way mirror?
jesus how dense are you
>>
>>63346602
Frank thought he could kill two birds with one stone by keeping his own personal code of honor and having a cop on his payroll.

Frank had compassion for women and his own sense of justice, It's a theme along his WHOLE arc.

They ended up developing a mutual respect, both due to their experiences with one another, and being flawed men.

This is something you can never understand, shit, you can't even pay attention without consulting reddit or posting a meme.
>>
Stand alone season 2 TD was amazing. Compared to season 1 it sucked. But Ray is that nigga all day everyday. The ending of season 2 makes me want to drink myself to death.
>>
>>63341523
Re-watching S2 now, much more enjoyable the second time around.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x385
Wheeeeeen the niiiiiiight has been too lonellllly
And the roooooooad has beeeeeen too long
>>
>>63348600
Nothing in Fargo has ever come close to this. I'd take the flawed masterpiece over the competently delivered mediocrity any day. Fargo is merely "entertainment".
>>
File: ray dad.jpg (30 KB, 634x343) Image search: [Google]
ray dad.jpg
30 KB, 634x343
Oh, son. They kill you. They shoot you to pieces.
>>
One day I want to go on a coke binge and wreck a house.
>>
true detective season 1 is way overrated.
>>
>>63348643
Poor mans David Lynch ripoff tbf.

Shameful stuff.
>>
>>63348169
but that isn't why they were friends. he lied to him to get him to kill a guy, exploiting his wife's rape.

see, even you didn't understand the show. there were too many fucking threads. too many character stories.

i'm not posting memes. im saying straigt up that true detective season 2 had too many main characters and because of that it was hard to follow and the over saturation of main characters made the viewers not care about any of them.

i have said this since the 2nd episode and i stand by it.
>>
>>63338438
This
>>
>>63349999
That true detective scene was the full realization of everything Lynch strived for but wasn't able to quite achieve in the 90s.
>>
>>63338438
Couldn't agree with you more.
>>
>>63351024
>what is Mulholland Drive
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.