[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
star wars eu thread for plebs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
What are you glad got de-canonized by Disney™?
For me it's the yuuzhan vong and bioware's shitty fucking addition to the lore:
>zabraks and other species were created by a giant magic space machine
>Disney saves us from that shit
Also, what do you miss the most?
>>
>>63335938
That image alone is enough for me to accept everything I liked about EU being gone, just so Vong are gone too.
>>
I remember reading Galaxy of Fear back in junior high and hating the shit out of it. They weren't even being subtle in their attempt to siphon money out of the Goosebumps franchise.

Also, Splinter of the Mind's Eye is pretty bad. It comes off like a low-budget Italian rip off of Star Wars (that was one of the first books approved by George Lucas), and there's a super uncomfortable part where Luke thinks about fucking Leia as she's sleeping.
>>
I can imagine disney bringing back the vong, unfortunately.

Also ea has video game rights. Bioware's already planning to rape the franchise again. Transgender gay Jedi masters of the old republic when?
>>
>Belldorion is gone
fucking no
>>
>>63336024
It was originally written go be a low budget sequel in case the first film bombed
>>
>>63336271

Ah, didn't know that. Well it makes sense that they end up on a swamp planet at one point, then.
>>
>>63335938
I like how disney thinks they can just erase the canon...they can "decree" anything they want but they'll have to purge billions of dollars worth of books, tv shows, and merchandise before people start to forget
>>
EU was never canon. The only thing Disney did was come out and officially state it.

Even the prequels retconned the EU. Jesus.
>>
>>63336369
>eu not canon
Half the characters from the PT and the clone wars were from eu books/comics, faggot-san.
>>
>>63336223
As long as you can kill them by the end of the game, I don't care how gay/ethnic Bioware makes the companions.
>>
All I know is they BETTER not bring back fucking Boba Fett from the Sarlacc pit. But, Disney being Disney, it'll probably happen.
>>
>>63335938

Killing Chewbacca.
Basically everything with the Yuuzhan Vong
The Skywalker and Solo kids
Mara Jade being married to Luke Skywalker
Kevin Anderson books
>>
>>63336289
the swamp planet was so they could use fog machines and then not have to design an elaborate set
>>
>>63336411
>ethnic
Fuck off /pol/ star wars will always be diverse.
But honestly, after the shit they pulled in inquistion, I seriously hope they don't get to touch another star wars game. I don't want them shoehorning some type of "queer acceptance" into my star wars.
>inb4 gays already in new canon
Im not against anyone, but bioware takes that shit way too far.
>>
>>63336441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RQUPUFRgro
>>
>>63336369
>Even the prequels retconned the EU. Jesus.
Not true.
There are a great many of things that are referenced from Zahn's books in the prequels. The PTs were much more respectful than disney is.
>>
>>63336476

Makes sense. At least in the finished movie it makes Yoda look more convincing.
>>
>EU
>>>/lit/
>>
>>63335938
I only really miss the Aaron Allston X-Wing books where Wedge is the confirmed GOAT pilot in the rebellion.
Everything else can go into the trash.
>>
>>63336495
Well aren't you just the pot calling the kettle /pol/?
>>
>>63336551
Nothing politically incorrect about not wanting pan-sexual Jedi, m8.
>>
>>63336510
Referencing stuff from the EU doesn't canonize the EU. It just means they used parts of it to put into the canon.

Boba Fett didn't get his armor from a Mandalorian. He got it from daddy. This is a clear retconn of the EU.
>>
>>63336565
Tell that to the rest of the internet.
>>
>>63336406
>hmm...let's take a few things from the EU and insert them into the canon
>this automatically means everything in the EU is canon

Your extra chromosome is acting up again.
>>
>>63336610
>eu was never canon because I say so
Kek.
>>
I don't give a fuck what any corporation says.
I just pick whatever I like and decide it's canon for me, I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks.
Who cares, the writing doesn't become more or less real by the decision of some corporation.
Books toys and videogames and even movies don't stop existing just because they're not "canon" anymore.
>>
I'm glad the fucking old republic is non canon, as well as all those shitty edge-lord siths.
>>
>>63336475

Oh, and all this shit is the stuff I hated and I'm glad it's all gone.

>>63336441

Disney has already said that Fett escaping is cannon.
>>
>>63336922
Dubs check.
I just googled this call b.s, fuck...
Atleast we get more Temura Morrison though.
>>
Oh good can we keep the dumbass eu haters contained in this thread please?
>>
>>63336993
You have to be stupid to like the EU
>>
>>63336634
>because it was officially licensed fan fiction that the movie contradict

FTFY
>>
>>63336922
Good news guys, Darth maul is still alive as well.
I guess being popular makes you invincible, thank you Disney! :^)
>>
>>63336753
Nobody said that. It's just clarifying the official story.
>>
>>63337137
but why should anyone care about the official story?
It's all fiction, who gives a fuck.
>>
>trash the EU
>recycle suncrusher and Darth Caedus

BRAVO
>>
>>63335938
Nothing
>>
>>63337177
Because, faggot, if one source says "the wookies are vegetarians, unable to digest meat" and another says "the wookies are carnivores, unable to digest vegetation" then it makes no fucking sense that both sources are 'true' in the bigger picture. Canon exists to organize the info other creators can work with. Slut.
>>
>>63337358
I'm not saying Canon shouldn't exist, but why do you need other people to decide for you what's canon?

If two sources contradict eachother, why not just accept them as alternate universes?
>>
>>63335938
>he thinks bioware's additions aren't canon
>he thinks Starkiller won't be Star Forge
>>
>>63337501
Missed a good opportunity to call me insults senpai.
But seriously, canon is patrician.
If a writer says "alien species x should be like this" another guy can't just come along and say "nah, I want alien species x to be like this instead."
>>
File: Official Disney Map.jpg (186 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Official Disney Map.jpg
186 KB, 900x1200
>>63337608
This
>Rakata Prime
>Starkiller Base Origin Point
>>
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
>>
>>63337608
It's nothing like star forge, faggot.
You're shitty game canon died when disney took a stand against their shitty fan fiction level writing.
>>
>>63335938
>yuuzhan vong
have you even seen the leaks for next two movies? Disney...lets say was heavily "inspired" by Vongs
>bioware's shitty fucking addition to the lore
Everything around Revan is now canon, except Revan himself. Also there's a very high chance that Bioware stuff will end up canon because they are apparently consulting their stuff with Abrams and Disney guys. There's even a deal about Bioware lending Disney their writers if they would want to use some stories from the games in movies.
>>
>>63335938
>Also, what do you miss the most?
Kyle Katarn.

The dark side boss fight in Jedi Academy did him justice as a doom-clone player characterkk.
>>
>>63337664
>took a stand against their shitty fan fiction level writing

You're right, Starkiller is the Suncrusher instead, BASED
>>
FEL EMPIRE SAGA!!!!
>>
>>63337617
but when it comes to the EU, you're basically taking someone elses work and "well what if there was this alien species" or "well what if the force actually worked like this"
so by that, all of the eu is noncanon because it's writing over someone elses shit
>>
>hating on based Yuuzhan Vong
spotted the unimaginitive plebs
let's be honest, the story has nowhere to go besides recycling Sith shit over and over again. Ancient evil from outer space rises is inevitable.
>>
>>63337667
No fuck tell me your trolling bruh...
If David gaider writes anything related to star wars, I will personally file a gross negligence lawsuit against Disney and ea. Fuck, this isn't happening. Luke's gonna have a pansexual otherkin they/them/that prounoun using tumblr son. Life isn't fair. It's just not.
>>
http://thewookieegunner.com/2015/04/22/swca-2015-the-untold-clone-wars-with-dave-filoni-and-pablo-hidalgo/

>Flipping through Dave’s sketchbook, you’ll also find art of the Yuuzhan Vong. Dave Filoni joked around saying that after bringing Maul back from the dead, anything was possible. “[This is a] scout ship that was trying to assess the strength of the Republic and who the Jedi were . . . I started to explore some of the armor . . . We never got that far.”

They were nearly re-canonized.
>>
Pretty much everything other than Thrawn. Like Palpatine clones, Force Storms, Dark Jedi / Sith returning, Luke being evil, Jacen and the solo siblings, was all fucking garbage to be honest family.

I mean, i think this new shit is going to just as bad if not worse with retarded nostalgiabait retreading of the original trilogy, but that doesn't stop most of the post-trilogy EU being complete fucking garbage.
>>
>>63337698
Fuck off, elements might be reused, but the infinite empire and revan are dead in the water. Let's keep it that way.
>>
>>63337761
As far as I know Gaider has nothing to do with SWTOR or any Star Wars game in development. Drew Karpyshyn came back like 2 months ago and he's working on SWTOR right now.
>>
>>63337778
>Pretty much everything other than Thrawn
This.

Thrawn, Xizor and the Blacksun, Dash Rendar, Dark Troopers and the Dark Forces series which includes Kyle Katarn, and the Eclipse Super Star Destroyer. Everything else was rubbish.
>>
>>63337851
Hold up, the dragon age crew has nothing to with star wars? My biggest problem with bioware is with mike laidlaw and daivid gaider, they're both monumental faggots that have no business in the industry.
>>
>>63337930
>Blacksun

Fuck cant believe i forgot about based space pirates. They were also in Empire At War which was pretty neat too.
>>
File: 1448144363676.jpg (418 KB, 565x795) Image search: [Google]
1448144363676.jpg
418 KB, 565x795
>zabraks and other species were created by a giant magic space machine

What?
>>
>>63337973
Zabraks and twileks were created by a rakata machine. This is what bioware thinks is acceptable. This is why I hate them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Machine
>>
File: 1449261209362.jpg (46 KB, 403x600) Image search: [Google]
1449261209362.jpg
46 KB, 403x600
>>63338059

I hate Bioware so very, very much.
>>
>>63338059
JUST fuck my EU, familia.
>>
>>63338059
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Machine

oh thank god for a sec I thought it was from Kotor, but its just another piece of shit from the mmo.
>>
>>63337973

is that megan fox?
>>
>>63338059
Bioware needs to be stopped. Hopefully Andromeda flops and EA finnaly cans those fan-fiction writers.
>>
File: Zeltron 1.jpg (69 KB, 431x797) Image search: [Google]
Zeltron 1.jpg
69 KB, 431x797
>>63338308

A Chiss one, perhaps.
>>
>>63337643
>Starkiller base is nowhere near rakata
>suncrusher is an imperial invention
>"b-but muh kotor lore"
Shitty bioware lore has been erased, get over it biodronez.
>>
File: 2344.jpg (306 KB, 865x1338) Image search: [Google]
2344.jpg
306 KB, 865x1338
>>63335938
>What are you glad got de-canonized by Disney™?
Boba Fett surviving. While I don't mind the idea of him coming back, the longer the EU kept him around the stupider his background got. In one of the post-Yuuzhan Vong series, Fett is not only still alive, but he is also the leader of an army of socially progressive Mandalorians, has a wife frozen in carbonite and at some point trains Han Solos Jedi-daughter so she can kill her evil brother or some shit.

>what do you miss the most?
OT: Thrawn, X-Wing series, also I wish the guy who illustrated Dark Empire had worked on more comics
PT: The Dark Lord Trilogy, which was the novelization of Episode 3 with two more books to better flesh out Anakins fall to he dark side.
And the Darth Plagueis novel. It shows the Sith plot that ties the prequel movies together.
Basically, the best prequel books were the ones that added directly to the movies to make them suck less.
>>
I don't know how I feel about rebels being canon. Dave Filoni has veered to close to shitty EU for my taste
>revan was nearly canon
>vong were thought about
On the other hand, he almost made a chiss character, almost.
>>
>>63338499
How bad will boba fett's background get, now that Disney is bringing him back?
Also, nice dubs familia.
>>
>>63337745
Vong are the worst thing to happen to star wars since the phantom menace
>>
>>63338499

>has a wife frozen in carbonite

Mr Freeze?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.