[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: kubrick_smiling_copy_jpg.jpg (47 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
kubrick_smiling_copy_jpg.jpg
47 KB, 792x612
Directors with the best movie titles

Full Metal Jacket
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
>>
>>63334312
Your joking right? The Shining and Clockwork are both book titles, he just copied them
>>
>>63334375
So what? Still cool titles
>>
>>63334383
Your thread seemed to imply that the director actually had some hand in choosing the title
>>
>>63334312
Gayniggers.
>>
>>63334414
He decided to make those movies. He directed them, that's all the thread is asking
>>
File: coen.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
coen.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Fargo
No country for old men
The big lebowski
>>
peter greenaway has the best titles,
let's not even really make this a debate.
herzog second. that polish dude third (i can say his name, but i'm too drunk to bother badly typing it out, but you know who i'm talking about), menkas and then ozu.

but greenaway has the best titles. that's just common sense.
>>
>>63334935
I've never actually heard of peter greenaway but those are some good titles, too many movies nowadays have generic, bland titles
>>
>>63334952
hey, yeah.
he's got some good stuff, my dude.
i'm right there with you.
i love a good title. call me a judge a book by its cover guy but i'm going to see a movie called miller's crossing over transformers, you know?

check his stuff out, he's got a ton of great films.
i really hope you enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.
>>
>>63335117
I will definitely check his stuff out, thanks

And yea, a title is very important, people will jude a movie a million different ways whether they realize it or not
>>
Parajanov !!!!
>>
>>63334935
Kieslowski? I don't know of any other polish directors desu

I think Roman Polanski is polish but none of his flicks are any good
>>
>>63335321
Yea not gonna fall for that polanski is bad meme
>>
>>63335256
yeah, no problem.
i really hope that you enjoy some of his work.
to be honest with you, read his wikipedia page first, his films are really influenced by paintings, and it might enhance the experience going in if you know some of the set up, or at least the second time.

whatever works best for you. i just figured you'd dig knowing where the influences where.

>>63335321
yeah, that's the one.
he is, but kieslowski was who i was referring to.
thank you very much, i really do appreciate the tag-in on that one.

i should feel slightly ashamed. i live in the polish triangle in boston, but i can't get their names and only rely on them to make my iced coffees in the morning/afternoon.
>>
File: 1439575675002.jpg (72 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1439575675002.jpg
72 KB, 569x802
>Reservoir Dogs
got it from a customer at his video store that couldn't pronounce "Au revoir les enfants"
>Pulp Fiction
>Jackie Brown
>Kill Bill
>Death Proof
>Inglourious Basterds (yes I know it was taken from the Cobrucci film)
>Django Unchained
>The Hateful Eight
>>
>>63335407
you know,
i've always been a big fan of tarantino's titles because they've truly always, 100% of the time, reflected the film he was making.
i have nothing bad to say about the man's titles or movies.
he's done himself fine and that's all anyone can ask of anyone.
>>
>>63335407
Those are great titles, even if some movies are so-so
>>
>>63335407
this tbqh

not a huge fan of tarantino but his film titles are really cool
>>
>>63334669
>inside llewyn davis
yeah no
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.