[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best movie about being stranded; or where a group
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1440346463971.jpg (285 KB, 1280x874) Image search: [Google]
1440346463971.jpg
285 KB, 1280x874
What is the best movie about being stranded; or where a group of characters are otherwise trapped/shipwrecked/survivors of a plane crash etc..

I am in the mood for this type of movie for some reason so what movie handles this scenario the best?
>>
Check out Letter Never Sent. It's a gorgeous film.
>>
The Thing
>>
>>63334162
And for something less artsy and more action-oriented, try The Edge.
>>
>>63334170
This is always the best answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujrBaHS8UTg The Grey is also not a bad choice. The trailer makes it look like it's an action Liam Neeson action flick but it's really not.
>>
>>63334223
They absolutely botched the marketing to that film, I didn't see it because I thought it just looked stupid. It's great.
>>
>>
>>63334182
>>63334223

Thanks for the recommendations I think liam is a good actor guess I will check that at first and then the edge.
>>
Alive
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1397x811) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1397x811
>>63334037
gilligan's island
>>
File: better castaway.jpg (51 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
better castaway.jpg
51 KB, 450x299
>>
Why would you want a film when you can read a book?

Just read Into Thin Air or Left for Dead on the 96 Everest disaster
>>
>>63334767
>why would you discuss film and television on a film and television board?

/lit/ everyone. They read, but they have 0 reading comprehension.

#rekt, faggot.
>>
Just one guy but check out All Is Lost

Old Robert Redford lost at sea all alone just scraping by to survive, I personally thought it was really great. He says like 4 words throughout the whole thing so all of his emotions are expressed through his face.
>>
>>63334037

Dreamcatcher. It's one of the most batshit crazy movies I've ever seen, but it's also a beautiful trainwreck.
>>
>>63336075

That movie sounded boring as shit when I first heard about it, but yeah, it's literally just Robert Redford frantically trying to not die for two hours. Good stuff.
>>
>>63336075
Thirding this suggestion. Brilliant stuff.
>>
Surviving the Game

Alive (loosely based on a true story)

Touching the Void (based on a true story, features interviews with survivors)

Return of the Living Dead (claims to be based on a true story)
>>
>>63334037
bet the weather up there is terrible
>>
What does /tv/ think about Sanctum?
>>
the grey is amazing
>>
>>63336279

Triggered my claustrophobia, but I'm a gigantic fag so there's that.
>>
>>63336279
pretty shit movie

watch the descent if you want a spooky cave movie
>>
File: crocket_feels.png (198 KB, 317x380) Image search: [Google]
crocket_feels.png
198 KB, 317x380
>>63336314

>To live and die on this day.
>To live... and die... on this day.

The ultimate in manly feels.
>>
Swiss Family Robinson was my favorite as a kid
>>
>>63336329

I actually liked The Descent more before the mutants showed up and the two main girls turn into Schwarzenegger out of nowhere, but yeah, seconded. It is a legitimately solid creepy cave movie.
>>
>>63334037
LOST
>>
>>63336377
>the two main girls turn into Schwarzenegger out of nowhere

this was pretty cringeworthy t-b-h
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.