[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dazed and Confused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: dazed_movie_cover_0_1433176708.jpg (518 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dazed_movie_cover_0_1433176708.jpg
518 KB, 1024x768
Just saw this beauty. 9.5/10 inb4 you pleb contrarians and patricians that only watch French and Dutch Lesbian "art" films (or "true cinema as you call it) start shitting on mine and everyone else's opinion because you faggots can't take a funny movie. Linklater's best movie, everything about it is so great, especially because it is one of those movies where nothing really happens. Every scene is great. Superbad definitely borrowed a lot from it. Would highly recommend.
>>
I saw this one the other day too anon, comfy.
>>
>>63332866
Agreed, comfy as fuck.
>>
I like this movie a lot but I feel that the whole arc of the football dude quitting the team was really lame and I just couldn't give two shits about his character at all. Every other aspect and character was fantastic though.
>>
>re-watching Todd Solondz's Storytelling after at least 10-12 years because it's on one of the Encore movie channels...fireplace is on and comfy as fuck

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Linklater or Dazed and Confused...but like I give a shit, you fucking fags
>>
What the actual fuck, it made 7.9 million at the box office.
>>
the older I've gotten the more I hate it whenever I rewatch it
>>
>>63332937
OP here and I agree. I didn't think it was too lame but it held me back from giving it a straight 10 now that I think about it
>>
File: Al Jaheed Al-Afflacki.jpg (105 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Al Jaheed Al-Afflacki.jpg
105 KB, 550x400
that's a paddlin
>>
>>63332962
I think I'll stay away from rewatching it when I have nothing else to do. That usually ruins movies that aren't too rewatchable for me. Will probably watch Dazed once a year, maybe twice as long as it doesn't ruin the experience.
>>
>>63332983
>young ben will never savagely destroy your cunt with his prime stallion cock
>>
File: tumblr_nqm0818nL71snsxomo1_400.jpg (20 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqm0818nL71snsxomo1_400.jpg
20 KB, 400x388
>>63333020
>>
File: p7880024_p_v7_aa.jpg (102 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p7880024_p_v7_aa.jpg
102 KB, 480x720
>>63332951
I'm guessing you jizzed allover this piece of art as well?
>>
>>63333102

No, but it reminds me I'm due for a re-watch of Happiness as well
>>
DUDE
>>
File: Contrarian_Club_Medium.jpg (28 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
Contrarian_Club_Medium.jpg
28 KB, 500x304
>>63333214
>>
I WANNA DANCE
>>
>say man, you got a joint?
>uhhh, no not on me, man
>it'd be a lot coolr if youu did hahhh
>>
File: yearbook_newhouse.gif (13 KB, 184x235) Image search: [Google]
yearbook_newhouse.gif
13 KB, 184x235
Movie is great, Mike is the best character also tbqh family
>>
>>63332937
Yeah def the weakest and corniest part of the movie. Everything else is amazing.
>>
>>63332866
I watched this movie at my uni's film club and I got hella fucking depressed. Is that what youth is supposed to be like?

At least I won a Chinatown DVD by the end of it but fuck me I wanted to hit the reset button on my life.
>>
>>63332866
>>63332866

Alright, alright alright.

The opening of the film with Sweet Emotion playing and the truck pulling up in slow motion is beautiful. This film is Linklater's opus.

Superbad wishes it was DaC.

What I think is really dope is the fact that we have all known a Wooderson in life.

Also, OP, you seem like you have a chip on your shoulder.

>>63333426
GOAT post. That's a paddlin'
>>
>>63333489
Mike was pretty much me. I kind of wince to watch the movie now.
>>
>>63332866
the only thing that made this good was the sexy chicks in tight 70s jeans and cutoffs
>>
>>63333837
>The opening of the film with Sweet Emotion playing and the truck pulling up in slow motion is beautiful.
He says on an audio commentary the shot came to him while drugged up for a wisdom teeth removal

>This film is Linklater's opus.
Close, but Slacker beats it out I think
Not only because I prefer it, but also in its artistic merit and influence
>>
>What do you think of Dazed and Confused?
>I LOVE that movie! They do drugs and hate old people just like me!
>Thank you, that's all the questions I have. We'll.. uh.. call you.

People who identify with this shit are fucking idiots.
>>
>>63332866
I remember my first beer.
>>
>>63332866
No need to make so much of a fool of yourself.
>>
>>63332866

Trying this hard to bait.

Pity bump
>>
>>63333837
>wooderson
Literally me
>>
>>63334601
Patrician you are.
>>
cinema disguised as a genre movie that can appeal to fans of both camps

my gf wanted to fuck the little kid protag with long hair
>>
>>63332866
Its a classic.
>>
>>63332866

>patricians that only watch French and Dutch Lesbian "art" films

This film aside the fact that you put art in quotes dismissively really does confirm that you are just a normie level pleb with sub par taste.

Cope with your shit taste or go to a nice hugbox like Reddit. Because I won't lie to you about how pleb you are to make you feel better
>>
>>63335026
no need to pretend to have a girlfriend. if you wanted to fuck the guy just admit it. we're all anons here
>>
>>63335129
i'm not pretending but whatever nerd lol gtfo back to /b/ little bitch im gonna kick toy AA dnd toy cant do anything about it xd
>>
I still didn't know what matthew saw in that firecrotch woman
>>
>>63335096
I meant that people like you only favour literally french art house films. A lot I don't find very good to watch, I'm not trashing every French and Dutch film but the way you contrarians just like those movies and none other than those makes you look like a shill.

So pretty much you're the pleb with sub par taste if you like movies with mostly little dialogue with not many interesting or at least entertaining things happening on screen.

But I don't really give a shit if it's someone like you telling that to me when 95% of people in this thread can agree that this movie is good.

Before I stop writing, if you have a problem with the movie (you implied it) don't hesitate to tell me five (I can only think of one).
>>
That's what I like about high school girls I get older they stay the same age.
>>
>>63335165
>so flustered he loses the ability speak english
>>
>>63335272
Also I forgot to mention that I hate reddit more than you do and honestly don't know why you would tell me to go back to that dump.
>>
>>63335272
Are you trying to imply that people who watch ''french movies'' aren't familiar with Linklater?
>>
>>63335272

I spend equal time with high and low art.

I am beyond your meme dicho.

>So pretty much you're the pleb with sub par taste if you like movies with mostly little dialogue with not many interesting or at least entertaining things happening on screen.

Fucking lol at these mental gymnastics.

Stop being such an anti-intellectual shit cunt.
>>
>>63332866
You're definitely not insecure at all.
>>
>>63335570
>muh intellectual cinéma
>muh french arthouse

Stop being such a faggot and face the facts pal
>>
File: 1449318166225.jpg (171 KB, 669x359) Image search: [Google]
1449318166225.jpg
171 KB, 669x359
I always had a thing for Sabrina.
>>
I get older, that movie stays the same age.

This is a really good movie.

Takes me back.
>>
>>63339531
sabrina is such a hot name
>>
File: 1449320017828.jpg (6 KB, 400x210) Image search: [Google]
1449320017828.jpg
6 KB, 400x210
>>63339739
Her real name is Christin Hinojosa
>>
>>63332866
dutch cinema isn't a thing lol
>>
>>63332866

sorry OP but Dazed and Confused qualifies as a great movie that is generally liked by people who are into film. Linklater is one of the best American directors around and Dazed is one of his best. Not many movies have such a great lived in feeling as Dazed does. I felt like Magic Mike XXL from this year captured something similar.

Parker Posey's performance is so amazing in Dazed.

WIPE THAT FACE OFF YOUR HEAD BITCH
>>
Drinking game - Every time Mitch touches his nose, drink.
>>
>>63332866
movie is pure trash
>>
>>63342188

good rule

Linklater actually claims responsibility for that gesture
>>
>>63341764
>Parker Posey's performance is so amazing in Dazed.

The air raid hazing scene always gives me a massive boner
>parker calling them sluts and bitches
>the pacifiers in their mouths
>the flour
>the cutie brunette proposing and opening her mouth

It's too much
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.