[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gone with the Wind (1939)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Find a flaw
>>
>>63332783
too white. needs some diversity.
>>
>>63332783
She's not taking the BBC
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 534x401
Not enough mammy
>>
>>63332797

There's lots of coloreds in it, though.
>>
>>63332783

>Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!

How can one man be so alpha?
>>
>>63332854
diversity means black male on white female shitlord.
>>
>>63332854
Yeah but they all play slaves.
>>
>>63332783
>Find a flaw
It's a dumbed-down historically inaccurate romanticized sympathy flick for the degenerate, uneducated, sore-loser South.
I should know, I live here
>>
File: 1442620450831.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1442620450831.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>63332783
Spreads the story out over nearly 4 hours instead of making a proper Trilogy with tons of unnecessary subplots and added characters.
>>
>>63332797

Gone with the Wind is LITERALLY the first time a black actress won best supporting role at the Oscars

it was one of the most progressive movies of its time, tumblr would have praised it at the time and /pol/ would have been massively triggered
>>
>>63332879

>
Rudolph Valentino as Sheik Ahmed and Agnes Ayres as Lady Diana in the 1921 silent film The Sheik. Mitchell used Valentino's image, which women found sexually appealing, to develop her character of the "ideal man", Rhett Butler.[92]

The most passionate and virile character in the novel is Rhett with whom Margaret Mitchell associates "dark sexuality" and the "black devil".[93]
>Further, Mitchell's romantic hero is colored—black and brown.
>Rhett's symbolic dark-colored image is placed within the context of two other images: the mythic black rapist and the dark-skinned Arab Sheik played by screen idol Rudolph Valentino in the film, The Sheik.
>By strategically placing Rhett's image in this manner, Mitchell simultaneously plays upon racial anxieties and sexual fantasies.[94]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_with_the_Wind
>>
>>63332783

Worst heroine ever

>Have a handsome admirer willing to quit his playboy lifestyle to settle down with her
>She cheats on him with her brother-in-law

I'm glad Rhett told her to go fuck herself in the end.

>>63332824

Best girl.
>>
>>63332990
>With Rhett's "swarthy face"[91] juxtaposed against Scarlett's "magnolia-white skin",[14] the two white protagonists are a metaphor for an interracial couple, and their romance represents racial conflict.[96]

Jesus Christ. It's like the olden-timey BLACKED
>>
>>63332930
> LITERALLY
I know this is autistic, but how would the sentence "Gone with the Wind is the first time a black actress won best supporting role at the Oscars" ever be interpreted non-literally?
>>
>>63333179
it's just for emphasis fæm
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.