[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREAKING: Josh Hutcherson Lands the Coveted Role of Denny in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12
File: Do you understand life, Denny?.jpg (24 KB, 569x569) Image search: [Google]
Do you understand life, Denny?.jpg
24 KB, 569x569
>Variety Reports: With “The Hunger Games” franchise behind him, Josh Hutcherson will go from one of the biggest franchises of all time to a film about one of the greatest disasters of all time.

>Hutcherson is in talks to join James and Dave Franco in New Line’s “The Disaster Artist,” the comedy based on the making of the cult classic, “The Room.”

>James Franco will also direct the pic from a script penned by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber.

>The film takes a fun, in-depth look at how Tommy Wiseau came up with the idea of the film hailed by many as one of the worst films ever made. James Franco will play Wiseau while Dave Franco will play Greg Sestero, who co-starred in the film. While many consider it a bad movie, its cult following is wide; theaters across the nation still play the film on midnight runs over the weekend, with many of the screenings involving fan participation similar to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show’s” midnight screenings.

>Hutcherson will play Philip Haldiman, who portrayed Denny (the neighboring college student) in “The Room.”

>Good Universe is producing along with James Franco and Point Grey Pictures principals Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.

>Hutcherson has also appeared in Franco’s last two directorial efforts, “In Dubious Battle” and “The Long Home,” which are both in post.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/josh-hutcherson-ames-franco-the-disaster-artist-1201654717/
>>
>>63332680
KEK

they are actually making a movie about the Room, what the fuck.
>>
>>63332680
Hutcherson is such a manlet that it's honestly disgusting. Fucking hell how any jew cocks did this midget suck for his career?
>>
WHEN
>>
File: 1443453453312.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
1443453453312.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
Miss me yet?
>>
Why is Tommy not playing himself?
For that matter why isn't Greg?
>>
>>63332723
>"FUCK this guy is so short it pisses me off!"

How are people so easily triggered?
>>
WILL
>>
>>63332758

I don't mind Franco as Tommy (although i'd prefer a documentary adaptation of The Disaster artist,) but it's Dave as Gregg that's throwing me off. It's odd to add that IRL brother angle into it.
>>
File: 1440383562595.jpg (106 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
1440383562595.jpg
106 KB, 644x781
>>63332751
>25 years old
>>
>>63332773
it's clearly just a vanity project for the already immense ego James has.
It's gonna probably have fuckall to do with Tommy, Greg and the actual book and instead be how many epic humor 'REMEMBER THAT FROM THE ROOM?' they can shove in
>>
Anyone see Franco's version of The Sound and the Fury? Is it worth wasting a couple of hours on.
>>
File: manlet pride.jpg (3 KB, 212x250) Image search: [Google]
manlet pride.jpg
3 KB, 212x250
>>63332762
>>
>“Okay,” the cop said. “You still need a permit or you can’t film here.”
>“This is not professional stuff,” Tommy said. “It’s just the video thing.”
>“Sir,” the cop said, his expression turning dark and authoritarian, “show me your permit or you’re going to need to leave.”
>“I’m sorry,” Tommy said, “but I disagree with you on your statement.”
>>
Franco is just the worst, I don't understand how someone as well known as him releases such poorly made films. atleast Angelia Jolie's films look nice
>>
Josh is ready to join the JUST club
>>
>>63332751
>- the one thing he DID start doing not long after being thrust from the warm confines of his mother's womb was write
This is from his website, next to this picture. JUSTice League recruitment when
>>
File: Denny 1.png (235 KB, 558x690) Image search: [Google]
Denny 1.png
235 KB, 558x690
>>
>>63332762
Problem is that Peeta is being portrayed by a manlet, and its hard to see a woman realistically choosing a PTSD stricken, brainwashed to kill her, could snap at any moment, A MANLET as her choice of romance
>>
>>63333003
Especially when the other option is basically a male model
>>
>>63332723
>Jelly manlet hating on another manlet
Tall men don't give a care.
>>
>>63333003
you're aware it's all make believe and not based in reality right?
I mean Al Pacino was a legit intimidating and commanding figure in the Godfather but in real life any crime boss that size would never be respected or feared or even reach that position, same with Tony Montana, Michael Keaton as Batman, Joe Pesci in Goodfellas, etc
>>
>>63333066
nigger, your shit is all sorts of retarded and untrue
>>
>>63333022
Near the books end, she gets mad that she had to choose Peeta because her other choice keked her with another woman and he never came back for her after the war, not even a visit.
She had to choose Peeta because they were both on drugs (he had to because PTSD) and she was trying to pretend to be crazy to justify killing a woman that would essentially become Hitler v2.0 and their future leader.

Manlets, not even once
>>
THEY
>>
File: yakub frenkel.gif (480 KB, 500x197) Image search: [Google]
yakub frenkel.gif
480 KB, 500x197
>Tommy Wiseau, height 5'9
>being played by James Franco, height 5'11
>Greg Sestero, height 6'2
>being played by Dave Franco, height 5'7
>>
>>63333066
You've seen how the Narco's man in charge looked? Not intimidating one bit. Al Pacino would've taken over South America
>>
Why do I get the feeling Franco will try to make this a Stoner Comedy
>>
>>63333088
Explain how I'm wrong

Do you legit hate LOTR because Hobbits are in it and become heroes?
>>
>>63333111
DUDE DOGGIE LMAO
>>
>>63333111
>DOUBLE TRIPS
Seriously.

It's all about execution though, if they use the wrong camera set up and make it look not schlocky, then we won't be able to relive the room experience.
>>
>>63333133
just google the heights of historical crime bosses
>>
>>63333182
None of them were Pacino or Pesci's height except Escobar and El Chapo. Meyer Lansky for example was disrespected because he was like 5'0.
>>
>>63333216
>none
there you go again - there have been plenty, you do not know what the fuck you are talking about

>disrespected
yes, just like you are disrespecting because that's the only thing you can latch onto

men who attack another man for their looks are literally no better than women - that's what women do to tear other women down because that's all women are good for
>>
The only way this movie would be good is if they got Wiseau to play himself.

Franco doing a Wiseau impression is just going to be stupid, like a movie-length SNL skit.
>>
>>63333331
Nigger I'm barely 5'5" myself, in fact I'm probably less, I am not 'attacking' anyone but I do see the obvious here about being short. However I also do realize fiction is fiction. Pesci in Goodfellas nailed his role despite irl Tommy was like 6'2. It all comes down to acting ability.
>>
>>63333393
fucking this. I would've LOVED to see Tommy try to play himself and still fuck every single line up.

This will just disrespect the source material unabashedly.
>>
>>63332710

The book is fucking great. I'll give it a chance, especially if they get into the "gay" stuff.
>>
>>63332723
Daily reminder that there's a difference between being short and being a manlet. Hutcherson is just short, but Robert Downhere Jr is a manlet.
>>
>>63333611
there is no difference you faggot
>>
File: iveseensomeshitinnitm8.jpg (178 KB, 630x945) Image search: [Google]
iveseensomeshitinnitm8.jpg
178 KB, 630x945
>>63333503

>Nigger I'm barely 5'5" myself

What's it like being a self hating manlet?
>>
>>63333503
true enough - and yes, it also applies that many crime bosses became big because they had the intimidating looks and beast size to go with their underground savvy

I'm not arguing that there were numerous midget sized bosses around, I'm just saying average height motherfuckers have been the majority, what people argue to be "manlets", shit gets conflated
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 400x600
>>63332680
Should celebs under 6' be forced to wear stilts
>>
What's the deal with Franco? The one minute he's doing lerandom stoner comedies and then he's oh so serious mr actor/directorman. I don't get it.
>>
I can't stand James Franco because in every movie he's in he's always James Franco and James Franco is a piece of shit
>>
File: hellothisisme.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
hellothisisme.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>>63334065
>Blood Meridian (2018) - IMDb
>Directed by James Franco
>>
>>63333915
>almost
http://idly.craveonline.com/2015/12/adriana-lima-justin-bieber-hookup-rumor/#/slide/1
>>
>>63334252
>implying

He made that demo reel and assured that we will never see a film
>>
File: haha.jpg (36 KB, 467x299) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
36 KB, 467x299
>>63332810
>franco plays simple jack

Kek
>>
>>63332680
this dudes have a Gold Opportunity to make something awesome. I really hope they do good
>>
Is it wrong that I can't take manlet and Jew actors seriously anymore?
>>
>>63334130
Just like Esienberg, what's up with Jew actors?
>>
>>63333108
Really, REALLY not looking forward to having Dave Franco play Greg. Not only do I think he wouldn't fit, I just hate that annoying cunt regardless. He has a dumb whiny shrill voice and he can't act for shit, and I still can't comprehend why he keeps getting in movies other than hardcore nepotism.
>>
>>63333590
>the "gay" stuff.
I read the book. Remind me what gay stuff you're referring to.
>>
>>63333590
haven't read the book, but I imagine it works well because you picture the actors as they act from The room...doing this thing with new actors seems like a bad idea
>>
>>63332835
god I love Tommy
>>
>>63332993
post the page where he makes the main girl put on the red dress and she has acne on her back and he makes her cry in front of the whole cast and crew
>>
>>63332680

Does james Franco have the least self awareness of anybody in the world? He doesn't have the look or the range to play tommy.

He grossly overestimates his abilities at every turn. Trying to adapt child of God and doing test footage for FUCKING BLOOD MERIDIAN. Hes also paints like a fucking 5 year old yet thinks he's an artist and has his own gallery of kid scribbles, he's lectures at universities--about what, who can say. He was literally cast in freaks and geeks for being cute and somehow rode that to national artistic credibility

Seriously, fuck james franco. Why do people keep enabling his delusional senas of grandeur? The dude isn't even hot anymore so it doesn't make sense for normies to still be promoting him as some hot talent
>>
Michael Shannon should play Tommy desu
>>
>>63335416
Did James c u c k you?
>>
>>63335233
Not the guy you're replying to but there's definitely some hardcore latent homosex going on
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.