[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things you didn't expect to be good, but were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Clone Wars.jpg (434 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Clone Wars.jpg
434 KB, 1600x900
Seriously, the series (not that weak pilot of a film) is making me like the prequels for the setting they built for it.
I expected a kidified version of what was wrong with the prequels, what I got is something that both validates and surpasses them.
That Tartakovsky cartoon was pretty ace as well.

Tell me, is Rebels this good?
>>
>>63332291
Clone Wars sucked shit, though.
>>
>>63332417
It's treason then...
>>
>>63332291
First Season of Rebels was alright. Finale was 10/10. Season 2 is pretty damn good.
>>
>>63332291
That was absolute shit, what are you talking about? The old cartoon was much better.
>>
>>63332291
Lots of people seem to enjoy whining about Rebels, but its first season was superior to Season 1 of TCW and Season 2 hasn't had a bad episode yet
>>
Rebels is nowhere near as good. Shitty animation, garbage main characters aside from Kanan and occasionally Ezra, significantly less violence (a lot of Stormtroopers just get stunned or knocked out) and much lighter tone with shitty slapstick humor. Only a handful of good episodes, and they're all ones with film characters in them (Lando, Yoda, Tarkin, Darth Vader). Also, lots of forced feminazi shit with Hera and Sabine.
>>
I won't meme you OP. This series is really good and adds a lot to the Prequel Era and made me enjoy it. Anakin is now my favorite character.
>>
>>63332291
>Tell me, is Rebels this good?
no
>>
>>63332291
No Rebels doesn't really compare yet. But it's a lot more OT-centric in terms of look and story. You follow one group of characters, there's nowhere near as big a scope as clone wars had. Mainly because of their budget. Lucas funded this show with his own millions which is why it's probably the best looking cartoon in existence now and maybe ever.

I'm not sure any 3D show disney distributes in the future will outdocone wars simply because of how high quality and care filled it was. They'd be better of to do 2D shows and live action stuff if the budgets good enough to do Star wars justice.
>>
>>63332475
>The old cartoon was much better.
the old cartoon was short and 2 denominational. clone wars had true pathos
>>
>>63332438
Clone Wars sounds like it was written by a five year old.

>AND THEN MAUL COMES BACK
>AND HE HAS METAL LEGS
>AND HE FIGHTS A BOBA FETT
>AND THE BOBA FETT HAS A LIGHTSABER
>AND THE LIGHTSABER IS BLACK
>BECAUSE IT'S A DARKSABER

Plus, the main character to Clone Wars was an annoying little kid who is a Force whiz kid and totally as good as Anakin and Kenobi and all the main characters. Tano is on level with a deviantart self-insert character.
>>
File: 1445439376520.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1445439376520.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>63332621
>2 denominational
>>
Tartakovsky's series was golden
>>
File: 1439042213801.jpg (84 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
1439042213801.jpg
84 KB, 900x563
The best thing to come out of the prequel era, along with giving Anakin actual motivation for distrusting the Jedi Council. Rebels is alright as well, but a much narrower scope considering it's a fixed cast and not an anthology of stories. TCW is still the gold standard however, strong characterization and a very dark portrayal of early Imperial elements near the end of the Republic by season 5 & 6.

The original Clone Wars shorts aren't bad either though, but it's hard to compare the two since they both had very different showrunners and styles.
>>
>>63332717
Original Clone Wars series made me wish Tartakovsky had been in charge of mapping out the prequels action set pieces. Would have added a sense of pacing, tension and creativity to the action that was sorely lacking. It was also impressive hoe much emotion he could build with little to no dialogue. Prequels would have benefitted immensely from more subtle moments like that.
>>
>>63332291
pic unrelated
>>
>>63334078
Bump appreciated.
>>
>>63334129
suck a dick
>>
File: MY2RGqjBip.png (236 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
MY2RGqjBip.png
236 KB, 800x450
>>63334229
In your dreams, slimo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.