[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krampus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 18
File: NEJlkCJnS3zsNJ_2_b.jpg (56 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEJlkCJnS3zsNJ_2_b.jpg
56 KB, 600x316
Anyone here see Krampus? Was it any good? Scary?

I like monster horror movies, so I'm interested in it.
>>
looks like he's a big guy
>>
It was fine but I couldn't get over Dave Koechner or Adam Scott. It is impossible for them to be in non-comedic roles without destroying all immersion.
>>
File: 1428271589213.jpg (69 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
1428271589213.jpg
69 KB, 500x486
>>63326872
listen, this shit meme is so dead that you are LITERALLY the only person still posting it, you need to turn off your computer, unplug your internet and start going outside for at least 6 minutes per day.

btw, FOR U
>>
File: KRAMPUS_JITB-620x400.jpg (49 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
KRAMPUS_JITB-620x400.jpg
49 KB, 620x400
>>63327016
>It is impossible for them to be in non-comedic roles without destroying all immersion.
That's what I was worried about the most. I keep hearing people compare it Gremlins, but it looks much creepier than that. I'm torn if I should see it or not. I've been binge watching horror movies lately so I was happily surprised to hear about this one released.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 640x360
>>
>>63326319
I thought it was pretty decent. Some good designs, some not so good. If you want gore or anything like that you'd be disappointed. Wasn't especially scary in my opinion either.
>>
>>63327234

First half is pretty comedic, the second half pretty much drops the comedy and becomes a cross between Poltergeist and Gremlins
>>
Going tonight with my wife. Hoping it's as good as it looks.
>>
This looks promising...like the type of horror/comedy they haven't made since the 80's.
>>
>>63327490
>drops the comedy
>part Gremlins

its like you don't know what you're saying
>>
>>63327786

It's Gremlins when the Gingerbread men are about but they're such a small part of the movie during the second half.
>>
Can't watch it, because of Adam Scott. I hate him with such a burning passion. His face just makes me so fucking mad every time i have to see it. Like i really get mad. Fucking piece of shit cunt. Someone just kill him already.
>>
>>63327490

Does everyone die in it? Obviously Dave Koechner & his kids die, since they're assholes.
>>
>>63327964

Eeeeh, yes and no
>>
>>63327964
Everyone dies, and they get to live forever in some form of limbo Krampus made in the form of snowglobes.l
>>
File: 1435555421129.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1435555421129.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>a /tv/ horror movie recommendation thread

never again

avoid these threads like the plague everyone
>>
>>63327490
Gremlins was pretty comedic though.
>>
>>63327062
>and start going outside for at least 6 minutes per day
My social anxiety makes this really hard, I can barely stand going down to the dole office to get my wellfare bux once every 2 weeks.
>>
Is Dougherty making Trick R' Treat 2 after this?
>>
>>63328760

That's why I say it's a cross between Gremlins and Poltergeist in the second half. While some of the minions were Gremlins-esque, aside from the Gingerbreads, the minions, despite looking the part, weren't really on the comedic side. It feels more like Poltergeist in the second half otherwise and some of the stuff is disturbing. . .particularly the jester.
>>
>>63327419
I have, its solid, until the last 10 seconds, the Shaymalan twist went a bit too far.
If they bad ended it without that and just cut with the Bell it would be stronger. The whole twist undercut the feel of what they wanted to do and it just makes Krampus come off as Generic Movie Monster, instead of Ancient Spirit of Christmas to teach you a lesson.

Because at the end it only raises a few questions, why did Ommi not suffer that fate first. Why did Krampus kill the Delivery and Snowplow driver, why the boyfriends family. At the end if it had cut when the box opens, that would have been for me a better movie.
>>63326319
I just got done seeing it, its pretty solid, the effects are nice. Costume design is pretty cool, the cast does a good job.
Aside from the Last 10 Seconds, it would be an 8/10, sorta the Christmas Trick-r-Treat.

I recommend a watch.
>>
Looks pretty bad desu senpai
>>
>Krampus

is it a tim and eric sketch, or?
>>
File: ben.gif (986 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
ben.gif
986 KB, 500x245
>>63327932
>>
File: hesabenguyFORYOU.gif (484 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
hesabenguyFORYOU.gif
484 KB, 500x282
>>63327932
I don't see what you're seeing.
>>
>>63327016

Go watch Cheap Thrills and The Vicious Kind and get back to me.
>>
File: 1435457781578.gif (1014 KB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1435457781578.gif
1014 KB, 420x236
Going with a buddy of mine to see it tomorrow. We're seeing it because it looks enjoyably dumb, not that we think it'll be terrible or anything. Can't be worse than Fantastic 4, that's for sure.
>>
Just saw it. It's a perfect holiday movie. Good blend of comedy and horror. It's campy but in a good way.

Go see it. The monsters alone are worth it.
>>
>>63330128
>Good blend of comedy and horror
Not in one of those "So bad it's funny" ways, it's meant to be kind of intentional, right?
>>
>>63328344
>complaining about shitty threads
>posts pepe
>>
>>63329105
boyfriend family and delivery/snowplow drivers werent in the holiday mood?
>>
>>63326319

It was decnt great effects (outside the cookies) but everything else was decent

Though I didn't like Krampus's face it looked way to fake and should have been kept in the shadow because his silhouette was great
>>
>>63330291
We had no indication of that.
Boyfriend was a bit negative, but not in an Anti-Christmas was.
The deliveryman and the Snowplow driver weren't either
Delivery guy was just working on the 23rd, which isn't even Christmas Eve and he just delivered and then left.

Snow plow guy, was just doing his job, plowing the streets on the 23rd as well, he even has Christmas present in the passenger seat, so he was in the gift giving. So it just was weaker knowing that Krampus killed them because they were in proximity and didn't even need to be punished. Especially with the ending as they are just dead.
>>
>Krampus
>not even voiced by Charles Barkley
0/10
>>
>>63328328
thought they were alive but being spied on via a snowglobe?
>>
Here's an honest review, I just saw it tonight.

In the beginning you get raped by product placement, and then you meet the stereotypical family, literally the griswolds in christmas vacation, but then members of the other side of the family come over for christmas, literally uncle eddie and his trailer park family. Uncle eddie drove over 6 hours in his hummer h1 to celebrate this christmas, the family can't stand each other, and for 30 minutes nothing happens, they just banter about how one side is rich and the other is poor, and then krampus arrives. Krampus looks promising but then the movie soon turns into gremlins mixed with leprechaun, living dolls and gingerbread men pose a strong threat but that's okay because uncle Eddie has a shot gun with unlimited ammo even though he announces he has 16 shells. they literally get attacked by flesh filled dolls that can't weigh more than 10 pounds and they struggle to wrestle them off of their bodies, gingerbread men who pose a great threat, they are able to jump off tables without breaking their ginger bread legs. this movie is literally shit.
>>
>>63330661
edit: i want my 9 dollars back
>>
>>63330231
Yes it is intentionally funny.
>>
>>63330661
so what the ending's twist plot?
>>
>>63330421
Everyone in the neighborhood were just a necessary casualty because they could have provided a means to escape for the family. Same for the snowplow driver (they could have made a break for it in the cars if he had done his job). The DHL guy delivered the sac of presents to the door and could have gone back to town and reported what was going on with the storm/sent help.
>>
>>63330842
everyone kinda dies and lives in limbo in krampus' snowglobe. would've been better if it just cut at the part where the kid opens up the krampus gift and find's krampus' bell
>>
>>63330842
It wasn't a twist ending. Exactly what you expect is inevitable to happen happens.
>>
File: 1442769629865.png (931 KB, 590x786) Image search: [Google]
1442769629865.png
931 KB, 590x786
It was okay. Hopefully Dougherty can do something that isn't just making fun of the holidays.

Adam Scott is awful to watch and it felt like they really cut a lot of things out to keep it PG-13.

Like, the kid getting yanked up a chimney from a fucking hook and there's no blood whatsoever? Fucking jack-in-a-box's face isn't covered in it after eating one of the kids?

Not to mention it beats you over the head with what the movie is trying to say.

>>63330842
It ends with everyone having a nice time over Christmas and then pans out to reveal they're stuck in a snowglobe as a memory.

I don't know how they could have ended it any other way because it would've been stupid predictable just to end with the bell being in the present.
>>
>>63330842
Plot twist is was all a dream, except it wasn't, and they might be trapped inside a snowglobe, or the krampus is just spying on them using a snowglobe
>>
>>63330923
i thought ending with the bell would've been better, sort of a mock of polar express
>>
>>63330915
They did die. They are just all in hell now reliving it over and over because that was the kid's last wish and Krampy thought it would be funny.
>>
>>63328328
At least they don't defeat him Horror movies are much better that way
>>
>>63330842
The twist plot, is that the boy approaches krampus and his minions and ask that he give his family back and that hes sorry that he summoned krampus in the first place, krampus then throws him in a lava whole in the ground and then the boy wakes up in his bed, it is now christmas morning and he runs down stairs and everybody is happy, the boy opens his gift and its a bell that says krampus on it, so the movie literally stole the bell idea from polar express, anyways when the family sees the bell they all realize they had the same dream and krampus was real, even the dog knows, and then it shows krampus in his layer with a room full of snow globes and each house that he visited is in its own separate snow globe. not limbo, just weird spying trophy momento type thing.
>>
>>63331014
never thought of it as just a spying device, would've made much more sense
>>
>>63327016
But the movie was a horror comedy and both had funny lines.
>>
>>63331043
The family's snow globe showed them on Christmas day, it wouldn't make sense for them to be in limbo reliving Christmas morning every day. the snow globes are like a naughty list, he checks on them I guess. even the grandmother got a snow globe and a bell after her krampus attack most probably.
>>
>>63330360

It's face was a mask. . . similar to the elves
>>
I just saw it. It was better than I expected.

Krampus is one scary fuck.
>>
Do the asshole kids get fucked up? Trick r Treat was great because of that.
>>
>>63332266
krampus is shit
>>
>>63332266
They do, sorta. Not nearly as good as Trick r Treat though.

In fact Krampus as a whole is a lot weaker than Trick r Treat. I blame the pg-13 rating and the mass marketing.
>>
I liked the implication that the boyfriends family were able to survive for awhile, making Krampus actually intervene.
>>
File: 1442569899128.jpg (304 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1442569899128.jpg
304 KB, 1632x1224
Just got back from this, 4 people walked out before the movie was over.

Pretty much agree with >>63330661
When I first saw trailer awhile back my friend thought they were remaking Christmas Vacation. Still thought the concept was cool and figured it'd be decent. Can't recommend it though.
>>
>>63332262
I just saw it a few minutes ago too. The only thing I didn't love was Krampus's face
>>
>>63332451
Wasn't it a mask, like his elves?
>>
>>63332451
I kind of wish they kept his face concealed. Fear of the unknown would've been more scary than his face could ever be.
>>
Omi's flashback was great. I always love it when a movie changes styles for a scene or 2.
>>
>>63330968
You're a bad person and are single-handedly ruining the horror genre. There has never been a good horror movie where the antagonist was not defeated.

>BUT I WANT MUH JUMP SCARE AT THE END WHERE THE BAD GUY IS REVEALED ALIVE

Kill yourself and die.
>>
Best krampus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00keaP4rpS8
>>
>>63332538
her flashback was stupid and boring and every scene with her face made me want to puke out of my ass. typical old grandma seen some shit before, back in her day.
>>
>>63332560
Of course he is. He's voiced by Danny Goddamn Glover.
>>
>>63332559
Serious nigger? Its not horrifying if they beat him without serious repercussions

>loved ones die
Or
>they all die

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>63330887
>Everyone in the neighborhood were just a necessary casualty

But that's not how Krampus operates. He only punishes those who deserve it, not random people who happen to be nearby. Nicholas rewards you for being good, Krampus beats your ass raw with a birch branch for being a little shit.

Hell, in the old Germanic folk tales you could bribe Krampus with an offering of pastry and schnapps to delay the incoming beating until next year. Dude may have been a terrifying goat monster, but he wasn't a dick.
>>
>>63332722
This one seems to operate on different rules, punishing the family for making the child lose his Christmas spirit instead of punishing naughty children in general.
He's similar to Sam in that way.
>>
>>63326319
>Krampus
All you need to know https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opNRMZSJH3o
>>
The movie was pretty damn good, you just have to know it's not straight horror. My only real gripe is the ending; it should have just ended with the kid in the same situation as Omi.
>>
>>63330661
Are you really complaining about the realism of LIVING SUPERNATURAL gingerbread men and dolls?

Like, the gingerbread men and dolls are fucking alive, but its the fact that they dont instantly break or cant be fought off that breaks your immersion? It must be so much fun going to the movies with you.
>>
>>63332478
I believe so, it was just kind of underwhelming even for that
>>
>>63326872
for yule
>>
Any pictures of what Krampus looks like in the movie?
>>
File: 1920s_krampus-snick1.jpg (153 KB, 450x328) Image search: [Google]
1920s_krampus-snick1.jpg
153 KB, 450x328
OP here, I appreciate all the feedback about the film. I'm very hesitant with modern horror movies since they rely on computer graphic effects, jump scares, and no-fun-allowed killing. I think I think I'm going to give this one a shot after all.

I also appreciate they released this film about a creature not as well-known in American culture. Of course there's Santa Claus, but it looks like the Santa Claus in the states took traits from Krampus, probably in order to advertise for stores easier.
>>
>>63332900
I think that might have been the point. Whatever is actually under the mask is most likely horrifying, similar to Sams pumpkin head.
>>
>>63333039
Yeah I can see that and they probably were going for just that. It's just a minor complaint though, I can still see it being a comfy movie I pull out every Christmas season
>>
>>63332722
Pretty sure it just means that no one had the Christmas spirit or believed in Saint Nick.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 363x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 363x550
>>63328913
That's what I hear
>>
>>63327016
Adam Scott was great in Black Mass
>>
Bump

Movie was good. Just seen it
>>
>>63334928
Did your audience love every line that came out of the fat aunts mouth? I saw it tonight and while that character wasn't bad I didn't laugh at her, but the audience laughed at every single thing she said.
>>
sucks
>>
>>63327932
>>63328265
>>63329780
>>63329823

Kek.
>>
>>63328265
I like the version with the upside down one more
>>
>>63334957
I didn't but my mom and sister who were with me loved it

They were also the loudest in the theater at the very beginning with the slow montage of stupid people during christmas sales.
>>
>>63334957
Yes. Every single line.
>>
Is Krampus a big guy in demons lore and shit? Or literally who?
>>
>>63327016

That's kind of the point. They're comedic actors playing against type (except maybe Koechner who has a penchant for brutish asshole characters) and with a straight face. It just makes the comedic moments that much more funny, and also lets the audience know we're not supposed to be taking this shit too seriously.

I did feel like Allison Tolman was wasted though. She proved she can carry her weight (unintentional pun) with Fargo, she should have had a meatier role. Fucking loved that scene where she went full mommy operator and started blowing Krampus' crew away with a shotgun.
>>
>>63327932

Are we having fun yet?

Seriously, have you not seen Party Down? Step Brothers? He's fucking great and he's so goddamn likable. He's like this generation's Ron Livingston even though Ron Livingston is still alive and getting work.
>>
File: 1437997634.jpg (27 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1437997634.jpg
27 KB, 900x900
>>63326319
Fucking Hollywood, stop appropriating German culture.
>>
>>63331428

You sure about that?
>>
>>63333039

The goat eyes were a nice touch.

The ending was totally foreshadowed with A Christmas Carol being on at the beginning.
>>
>>63330661
>they literally get attacked by flesh filled dolls that can't weigh more than 10 pounds and they struggle to wrestle them off of their bodies, gingerbread men who pose a great threat, they are able to jump off tables without breaking their ginger bread legs.

yeah because the laws of physics and logic should really be a primary concern in a movie about a giant goat monster tormenting family on christmas

you fucking dumb idiot
>>
File: lo.jpg (97 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
lo.jpg
97 KB, 475x356
>>63335223
yeh, he's a big guy
>>
File: Kramstnich+11.jpg (18 KB, 330x518) Image search: [Google]
Kramstnich+11.jpg
18 KB, 330x518
Why isn't Saint Nicholas in the movie?
>>
>>63332722
>>63330887

I'm pretty sure those people aren't actually dead. We don't know how long the main characters are trapped in the snow globe, they could literally be in a pocket dimension from the second Max tears up the letter to Santa.

That would certainly explain why they can't find anyone and there's no cell phone service.
>>
>>63334957

I laughed when she said the line about peppermint schnapps because I thought it was a gag, and then the next scene was her actually making showing the children how to make it and serving it to them.

But I've loved that fat bitch since Mr. Deeds.
>>
>>63335513
Because they don't want to offend Muslims.
>>
bump

trying to get the good discussion in before the poorfags get the screener with korean subtitles and start gushing about how good it is
>>
>>63335918
I don't know what there is to discuss about it, It was solid but nothing groundbreaking.

A tamer Christmas version of Trick r Treat without some of the hilariously mean things like parents sending their autistic kids off of a cliff via short bus ride.
>>
>>63335223
in europe he's a big guy

everywhere else hes literally who
>>
>>63336022

Maybe it's been too long since I saw Trick R' Treat, or I just wasn't in the right mood, but I remember it being dull and tedious. The best parts were Dylan Baker sitting on the sidewalk teaching kids some real shit. All the 'anthology' tales were boring and played out. I also thought the poster child - the sack boy or whatever - was incredibly underwhelming and lifeless. About as effective as the bike riding doll from Saw. Just a prop.

At least the creatures in Krampus had style and an original design. And it had a much more cohesive narrative. If anything, Krampus was held back by a PG-13 rating, which I still think is bullshit.
>>
>>63336136

I forgot to mention that I saw Trick R' Treat on /tv/'s recommendation after watching other great Halloween anthology movies. And after Creepshow 1 and 2, Trick R' Treat looks like a student film.
>>
>>63336022

>without some of the hilariously mean things like parents sending their autistic kids off of a cliff via short bus ride

Trick r Treat is so goddamn good. It's hard to make a movie populated almost entirely by assholes entertaining, but I guess when everyone has hilariously over-the-top horrible things happen to them it evens out.
>>
>>63332619
Actually it's Charles Barkley singing
>>
>>63332940
i kekd a little
>>
>>63330842
The graphic novel tie-in confirms the Globe is a way the Krampus is watching over them, not purgatory/hell.
>>
>>63335485

Pretty sure. . .you could kinda see another skin when they showed up a close-up of it's goat-like eyes.
>>
>>63327062
#HOTHEAD
>>
>>63326319

>see thumbnail
>think I'm looking at Danforth staring down a shoggoth's pseudopods in At the Mountains of Madness

tfw it will never happen
>>
>>63327016
It's a horror comedy you fucking pleb.
>>
I did like how most of the comedy left whenever Krampus entered the scene. He was really goddamn imposing.
>>
>>63342750
He was downright terrifying. I'm glad he was used sparingly as well

And that fucking jack in the box snake as well. Gave me fucking nightmares.
>>
I can imagine Krampus and Sam shooting the shit whenever its not their respective holidays.
>>
>all these mongs who need everything spelled out for them

Krampus' entire lore is that he punishes by dragging naughty children to the underworld. Even the grandma mentions as much in her flashback, and the kids are obviously being thrown into hell at the end.

The family isn't alive; they're stuck in their own personal hell, where they'll probably relive the same day for an eternity. How you retards couldn't grasp this is beyond me.
>>
>>63327563
But it doesn't look very good.
>>
>>63327016
>non-comedic role
>in a horror comedy
>>
So apparently according to the filmmakers it also somehow takes place in the same universe as Trick r' Treat.

What were the references?
>>
>>63332559
>There has never been a good horror movie where the antagonist was not defeated.
Top pleb
>>
Someone spoil how each of the characters "die"?
>>
>>63330661
Holy fuck, I hope Krampus gets you for being so damn obtuse.
>>
>>63346474
Mostly horribly
Go watch it. It was genuinely fun
>>
>>63335465
Germans are destroying their own culture.
>>
File: 100ybhfam.jpg (93 KB, 907x661) Image search: [Google]
100ybhfam.jpg
93 KB, 907x661
>>63332940
>>
>>63346474
i'll try my best to remember exactly
first girl goes into storm to check on her boyfriend
she gets to his house & sees goat demon on top of it
she crawls under a car as the monster walks around it
some music starts playing from a jack in the box which she turns to look at, it opens and a monster comes out
she screams and it cuts to next scene

next is a fat kid who doesn't talk
everyone falls asleep that night in the living room
a chain comes down chimney and there is some laughing sounds which wakes fat kid up
he walks towards it and gets grabbed by gingerbread men who drag him up as the parents try to grab him unsuccessfully

tomboy redneck girl goes upstairs to take a piss, hears voices of the missing kids coming from attic
she goes up to investigate and gets eaten by jack in the box

the family tries to make a break for a snowplow (except grandma who stays behind and gets stuffed into a sack by Krampus) & all the parents get engulfed by a snow worm monster thing
the main kid finds Krampus + his cronies and confronts them, he gets thrown into a lava pit
>>
>>63336178
>Creepshow 2
kek I can understand the first movie, but the second? Really?
>>
thinking of taking my wife's son to see this, will a kid be too scared?
>>
>>63343103
All you're doing is assuming things.

Plus >>63338993
>>
File: 1448735005635.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1448735005635.png
80 KB, 500x501
>>63348007
>>
>>63347859
I thought Adam Scotts character had a big death scene? But he dies with the rest of the parents?
>>
>>63348732
He sacrifices himself similar to how his mother did.
>>
>>63348973
Which is how? For both of them?
>>
>>63349028
Omi stays behind and allows Krampus to finally collect her so everyone can get away
Tom stays behind to let the moms and remaining kids get to the snowplow, letting a burrowing creature take him to distract it
>>
>People still don't know that the whole point of the ending was just Krampus watching the family and other ones through snowglobes as a whole "You'd better watch out" thing.
>>
>>63349273
To be fair, it could have been a Limbo kind of situation, but I think the tie-in comic confirms that he is watching them.
>>
>>63329105
Ommi never suffered because she never demanded forgiveness or repentance, she just accepted Krampus' gift
>>
>>63349361
I like how Krampus did remember her before he sacked her
>>
>>63332805
based BBC, I can always expect a somewhat intelligent, unbiased opinion from them.
>>
>>63347339
I'm too much of a pussy.
>>
>>63330661
>taking it this seriously

are you autistic?
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.