[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is the power of the PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: BATMAN_V_SUPERMAN.webm (717 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN_V_SUPERMAN.webm
717 KB, 1920x1080
So this is the power of the PC
>>
>>63325518
Idk dude, looks pretty good to me. This whole "cgi is automatically bad" this is getting annoying. It's a tool that can be used well, or sometimes not. It doesn't matter in this case, because the movie is going to be garbage maybe. I hated Man of Steel
>>
Looks fucking amazing viva la master race
>>
>>63325866

it should be a means to an end.

The trailer with wonderjew, supes and bats standing together facing onslaught with the fires in the background looks like it came out of a 1996 video game FMV
>>
>>63325927
Why do you compare things to video games?
>>
>>63325518
man, Those Wacraft 3 cutscenes had better CGI than that.
>>
>>63325866
I can accept it if it's in a fight scene, but please explain to me why they can't make him wear the armor just for a heavily breathing shot

It's also completely CGIed in other shots, like the one he turns the batsignal on in the previous trailer

Why? Because it's mildly uncomfortable? So they just decide to spend a lot more making it in a computer and looking obviously digital?
>>
>>63325927
That's not the shot we're talking about though, so idk.

>>63326185
Would it actually make it better? That shot looks fine.
>>
>>63325866
>because the movie is going to be garbage maybe. I hated Man of Steel
Explain how mos having flaws makes this have flaws?
If your problems are "not muh superman" and "too dark" is your problem, then these films are just NOT FUCKING MADE FOR YOU, that does not make them fucking bad you narcissist piece of fucking trash.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE POWER OF THE PERSONAL COMPUTER!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THUSq0aWJXk
>>
>>63326449
>Would the real thing look better than something obviously digital?

Yes...?
This shouldn't even be a question
>>
>>63326465
Woah dude, how can you possibly get this defensive about this? I have no problem with the tone of MOS, I just thought the writing, acting, and production were all pretty bad. I'd have to watch it again to levy more specific critiques, but I didn't feel the characters were well developed, the dialogue was written or delivered with much charisma, and the visual acpect was mostly mediocre. Sure, this might be good, but MOS was as bad as Thor or the first Captain America. I've liked superhero movies before, but most of them are sort of generic and lacking of anything emotionally or intellectually praiseworthy.

It almost sounds like you worked on the movies yourself or something.
>>
>>63325518
>Nvidia softworks only
Why?
>>
>>63326695
>the real thing
A costume of a mecha suit would not be the same thing as a three inch thick suit made of steel. Costumes look bad all the time, and once again, that shot looks totally fine.
>>
File: img-6677-143135.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
img-6677-143135.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>63326899
The thing is the costume exists and it's awesome, they just didn't use it

They could even retouch with CGI. Would be real and would cost much less.
>>
Quality VFX is $30,000-$50,000 per shot and can go up to $80,000, so it's not like doing it this way is any cheaper or easier. Building a couple of different suits which can all do different things depending on the action required would have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's just bewildering.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.