[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there will never ever be a Stargate movie with O'Neill,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Stargate_SG-1.jpg (75 KB, 386x206) Image search: [Google]
Stargate_SG-1.jpg
75 KB, 386x206
>tfw there will never ever be a Stargate movie with O'Neill, Mitchell, Teal'c, Jackson, Carter, Vala, Shepard, Mckay, Ronan and Teyla
>>
>>63318613
That would be a bit crowded. I'm a bit bummed that Atlantis ended the way it did, with no standalone movies like SG-1.
>>
File: Nicholas_Rush.jpg (139 KB, 1051x1399) Image search: [Google]
Nicholas_Rush.jpg
139 KB, 1051x1399
And this guy
>>
>>63318731
There was going to be a Stargate: Atlantis movie but it was cancelled.
>>
>>63318613
>Emmerich will keep the franchise in limbo while he talks about rebooting it according to some original vision
>He won't go through with it
>If he actually does the original movie will be rebooted according to the current quippy kid and mom friendly blockbuster formula and probably be shit because Emmerich is a hack
>If he actually does no characters from the show will appear except radically altered versions of Jack and Daniel Jackson
>No goa'uld
>No Sam or Teal'c
>No Asgard
>No General Hammond saying GOOLDS
>Maybe he doesn't go through it and franchise languishes in redevelopment hell
>15-20 years from now there will be a reboot
>Teal'c is a binary gender sex-warrior for Apophis
>The goa'uld are just misunderstood
>The Ori are even more hamfisted Christianity parodies than they are in the original series
>Jack will be played by an inferior actor
>Desperate fans who hung on anyways will acclaim it anyways
>Cancelled after two seasons

Why be a Stargate fanfam?
>>
>>63319338
At least we have 17 seasons ranging from mediocre to great to watch.
>tfw don't have my own BC-304
>>
>>63318613
O'Neill >>> Jackson > Mitchell >>>> Shepard >>>>>>>>>>>>> McKay
>>
Making a movie or whatever with the same actors would be shit because Colonel O'Neill is fucking fat now and the hot women are either too old or have moved passed the phase of their career where they have to slum it in the scifi genre.

Complete reboot from scratch is the only way forward, though it would be better if they just let the franchise die and rest in peace
>>
>>63320757
>Making a movie or whatever with the same actors would be shit because Colonel O'Neill is fucking fat now and the hot women are either too old
That's exactly the point.
The chance of getting a movie with all the SG teams is long gone.
>>
>>63320757
>>63320813
they could just continue the lore, not restarting the whole thing. If someone isn't familiar with it, go watch/buy the first movie, and the series. It was already annoying in a lot of franchises, wasn't it? Who wants another Spider-man origin?
Though, SG lore is pretty is maxed out, and i didn't even know what happened in SGU, so it could be probably hard to write better or new stories that should be better than the goauld/jaffa/replicator/asgard/etc lores.
>>
>>63318613
Sounds a bit crowded. If I was gonna do a Stargate movie I'd take maybe 2 or 3 characters and have them be the main and then maybe a few familiar faces in the background.
>>
>>63320757
>Colonel O'Neill is fucking fat now

If Mark Hamill is any indication, he could lose the weight just fine.
>>
>>63321327
They've already killed off pretty much all of the alien races that made Stargate Stargate. If you're going to move forward with something new then you might as well just do something original and unrelated to Stargate since everything unique to the franchise has been wrapped up and finished in one way or anothe
>>
>>63321327
>SG lore is pretty is maxed out

They had plenty to draw upon. They could just invent a new galaxy and it would work fine. They never put a snake in a wraith's head. I'd have loved to see the unholy combination of wraith and go'uld tech. There could be some pretty nasty stuff down the road that's still interesting and wouldn't require inventing much.
>>
>>63321514
I wonder what the BC-305 class of warships would be like?
Mass grown with reverse-engineered Wraith hive technology would be pretty rad.
And if they we're as strong as wraith hives/304s then Earth would have a pretty much invincible fleet of ships.
>>
File: Horus_guards.jpg (52 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Horus_guards.jpg
52 KB, 853x480
>>63320757
Word on the street is RDA is actually getting back on track now. For a while he looked like he bought a one-way ticket to "JUST". I'm hoping he can lose weight. Mark Hamill did.

Amanda Tapping meanwhile, she's a fairly big name now but she absolutely loves Stargate and would definitely be willing to come back. She's still very much involved in science fiction. She also still looks great.

Christopher Judge doesn't have much going on and I bet he'd want to be back.

Jason Momoa is definitely too busy now and he's moved beyond Stargate most likely. He's gonna be starring in a bunch of DC movies.

David Hewlett loves Stargate and would be overjoyed to be back.

I'd say Joe Flanigan would be pretty interested. He did try to buy Stargate so he could continue Atlantis.

Michael Shanks, who knows.
>>
>>63321739
What about Claudia Black? last i heard she's been reduced to voice acting for vidya games
>>
>>63321603
Earth really shouldn't have plot armor in the form of near-invulnerable ships imo

The writers made it so that the Lucian Alliance has some sort of resistance they've developed to the Asgard weapons. That's why the George Hammond couldn't just wipe out all the ships over Icarus Base in three shots.

In a future show I want them to deal with the Stargate program going public. Just about everything is being prepared to be declassified. The show has to deal with the consequences of that. Towards the end of the show, they begin establishing proper colonies on some planets, as well as additional bases. They can have internal political threats, Earth countries fighting each other, Lucian Alliance poking around, the race to save the Tok'ra, continuation of Free Jaffa, rescue of Destiny, and maybe some new big bad that has comparable ships to Earth.
>>
>Jackson ascends

Well, this just got terrible.
>>
>>63321511
>They've already killed off pretty much all of the alien races
true on that, but there are some interresting left, if they would want to use them (Nox, Furlings, Reetou, evil Asgards in the Pegasus universe).

I also would've loved to see some side-series (or what do they call it), like folowing an other team, not the SG1. Or mini series about the alpha/beta base and they everyday happenings.
>>
File: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (108 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg
108 KB, 700x393
GOOLD?
>>
>>63323007
damn it you beat me to it
>>
>>63322484
They also never introduced Putin
>>
>>63321327
>I didn't even know what happened in SGU

Nothing. It's not canon, it didn't happen, SGU doesn't exist.
>>
>>63321875
what about morena baccarin?
>>
>there will never be a long-running scifi/adventure series as good as Stargate SG1 ever again.

this is one of the reasons why i've washed my hands of modern scifi. I can only hope it all burns to the ground and the conditions for creative fun shows arise from the ashes.
>>
>>63325236
Dark Matter seems kinda promising actually.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.