[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>UK Office Brilliant character depth with unparalleled dialogue,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: the_office_618_us_uk_1.jpg (45 KB, 618x500) Image search: [Google]
the_office_618_us_uk_1.jpg
45 KB, 618x500
>UK Office
Brilliant character depth with unparalleled dialogue, truly genre-defining

>US Office
dude memes lmao
>>
File: 1448733455444.jpg (64 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1448733455444.jpg
64 KB, 570x587
>>63304625
Back to r edit fag
>>
>>63304625
I only just recently watched The office UK cause it was on Netflix, fun show.

Is the american version really that bad? Or is it just people hating cause it's american?
>>
>>63304625
Japanese Office was the best you peasant.
>>
>>63305039
Both shows are great. The other one is just made for a less intelligent audience.
>>
They're both absolutely terrible.
>>
Don't be a cunt cause the US version is fucking top.
>>
>>63304625
You have a containment board
>>>/int/
Use it.
>>
File: stromberg.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
stromberg.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1277
>>63304625
The German version shits on both of them.
>>
I watched the first two episodes of UK version

When does it get good?
>>
>>63306917
You got tricked.
>>
US adaptations are universally terrible.
>>
Extras ftw tbf.
>>
>>63306603
I really hope this is a thing
>>
>>63304625
Two different types of shows. So fucking what?

Also: US Office is best Office
>>
>>63306941
This.
>>
>>63306972

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromberg_%28TV_series%29
>>
File: 1379849640213.png (694 KB, 651x628) Image search: [Google]
1379849640213.png
694 KB, 651x628
>ITT: Insecure Briteeth upset that no one gives a fuck about their version of the office.
>>63305075
The American one?
>>
The UK office is a believable work space.
The US office is just too zany.
>>
>>63307044

It's a sitcom, nigga. "Zany" is an inherent quality.
>>
>>63307058
But he said "TOO zany".
>>
>>63307077

Same point applies, famigo.
>>
>>63307058
sitcoms don't need to be zany to be good desu
>>
>>63307044
>No Cameras
>No breaks to Allah during work
>Ham is eaten
>No one is beheaded
Not a believable U.K work space tbqh
>>
>Indian 24
Great food, great culture, funky dancing and delicious bronze women.
>American 24
DUDE MOVE SATELLITES LMAO
>>
>>63307093

Can you name a sitcom that isn't zany?

Make sure you understand the definition of "zany" before you look retarded.
>>
File: 1444703786902.jpg (8 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
1444703786902.jpg
8 KB, 296x296
>DUDE "X" LMAO
Anyone who uses this as an argument is legitimately retarded.
>>
>>63306917
It gets good when you stop being a pleb
>>
>>63307097
>no cameras
Uhhh...
>>
>>63306917
watch extras instead, it's way better

also if I liked Lifes Too Short or whatever the show was called with Warick Davis would I like UK Office?>

Ricky Gervais does piss me off with his little smug pudgy face
>>
>be British
>get shot
>get blown up
>>
>>63306917
Neither of them are good in 2015. The Office was alright when it first aired, and it pioneered that kind of awkward humour on TV, but it's shit now. The US Office was legitimately never good. Gervais' only good sitcom is Extras.
>>
the UK office is great, better than the US version .. im american
>>
>>63307058
I meant the office itself.
The UK office is just so relatable, which is what makes it funny-cringey.
The characters, except for Ricky Gervais, are only slight caricatures of what you find in a real office.

Similar scenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmb1tqYqyII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-wfO6_eq-A

It's just over the top.
>>
>>63307223

Congratulations on your unoriginal and uninspiring opinion. It will doubtlessly draw the more autistic types out of the woodwork and result in a very intelligent debate on a Cambodian basket-weaving image board.
>>
>>63307252
Thanks, it means a lot to be revered by a fellow member of this board.
Can't wait to go back to the underage waifu threads which really make it the staple of this image board.
>>
Why do brits post this everyday? Insecurities?
>>
>>63307334

Alternatively, you could contribute in more meaningful ways than "X was shit." It's hard to believe anyone who's ever experienced a modicum of social success would not find the U.S. version of The Office to have some degree of an emotional payoff, given the decade-long journey the audience takes with the characters. If you haven't seen it all the way through, then it's hard for you to form a proper opinion, anyway.

But if you can only see the board in terms of maladaptive types (pedophiles, fetishists, celebrity-obsessed loners, extremists, and so on), then you're likely not trying hard enough to balance out the shitposting.

To be honest, a lot of 4chan arguments are black-or-white. It's just a part of the culture. I wish it weren't. It's hard to have a good discussion.
>>
>>63307419
A lot of arguments everywhere are black and white because it's really hard to see from an opposing view point and be open towards it.

That's why people who are capable of argument without making it personal or about their beliefs are great to listen to, but they are few and far between.

Also reddit is exactly the same, internet forums are circle jerk central
>>
>>63307419
I agree with you.
It wasn't my intention to make it black or white; there are parts of the US version that I also enjoy.
It's just easier to be a little controversial or sensationalist on here to garner attention to your post on what is already a medium with a short attention span.
>>
US Office used to be pretty hilarious.

The last four seasons were pretty bad. Like many American shows, they dragged it out too long.
>>
>>63304625
You dirty little neck beard faglet mother fuckers always try and do this with the worst track record due to the fact you don't understand cringe worthy comedy, your brains are not developed enough. Other misses include / fawlty towers / inbetweeners / skins / shameless... Do I need to go on fuck tards.
>>
>>63305062
Here's your you
>>
>the chilean version
Has to be seen to believed
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.