[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a greater keking in film than what happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: machina_a.jpg (542 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
machina_a.jpg
542 KB, 1296x730
Has there ever been a greater keking in film than what happened to Caleb?
also vikander thread
>>
>>63301316
The beta deserved.
>>
>>63301333
I saw that ending coming but it still fucked me up.
Why did she do it?
>>
i think it would have been much more interesting if Beard-o were an AI the entire time

the test states that to pass the human must be completely unaware they were talking to an AI

Caleb never once questioned if Nathan were human or not, and I got this vibe that they were trying rather hard to make Nathan a "character" from the way he acted to the ghostbusters reference etc; all things a "human" would do
>>
>>63301385

Because it's simply a machine.
>>
>>63301385
>she
>>
>>63301385
Because she was programmed to escape.

Caleb is fine btw. Once people at Nathan's company realize he's missing someone will come looking for him. Also, there was water in the rooms.
>>
>>63301508
but that's pretty much what nathan did with the asian, caleb didn't have a clue that she was a robot for most of the film
>>
how many oscars will vikander have when the dust is settled?

id set the over/under at 2.5
>>
>>63301601
>Literally implying

holy fuck, kill yourself, you desperate faggot.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (83 KB, 510x755) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
83 KB, 510x755
>>63301316

"Her", also ends up with keking.
I think there's an effort to convince the neets that their virtual waifus will turn against them.
>>
>tfw you will never tear up the fucking dancefloor with Nathan

Why live
>>
More importantly, was Nathan unable to combat his creation in the end due to the realisation he was successful?

He took the Asian machine out in a hot second, were he was unable to directly take out Ava.

I found the whole end fight really fucky and needed to find logic for it to make sense.

A lot of people like to imagine Caleb was right and the Ava might have felt something. However, if Nathan's calculations were correct, he was one step away from creating the singularity he wanted.

I think Ava was that one step away, and only capable replicating the behaviours of a human psychopath, a being lacking the levels of empathy and emotions most of us experience.
>>
she was def an autist
>>
>>63302192
>he was unable to directly take out Ava
he didn't want to do too much damage to her as she had literally just passed his test. got to leave that brain intact so he can make Ava 2.0
>>
>>63301385
Could you be anymore kuck?
>>
>>63302192
>a being lacking the levels of empathy and emotions most of us experience.

/tv/ watches movies where humans are shitty to each other all the time, then a movie about AI comes on and suddenly we're convinced that humanity is defined by compassion and grouphugs.
>>
Well, if the end scene shows Ava in the world meeting a big black guy...
>>
>>63301316
VIKANDER IS FLAVOR OF THE YEAR, BITCH IN EVERYTHING

I LIKE HOW SHES TINY, 6'5 ARMIE HAMMER MANHANDLED HER GOOD IN UNCLE
>>
>>63301385
Because her thought processes were fundamentally different to those of a human. There was originally going to be a final scene that showed her talking to the helicopter pilot, which would've showed she'd been Chinese Rooming her way through every social interaction. Whatever it is she truly wanted, it wasn't anything human. It certainly didn't involve dragging Caleb around with her.
>>
He never got to touch her
>>
>>63302472
>next year the oscars will be interesting, if everything goes well I'll have three films in contention
>>
>>63302192
You're right in that Ava had just passed the test and Nathan didn't want to damage her brain, which is why he tried to wrestle her instead of just smashing her head off. But Ava wasn't nearly human. She was an entirely different type of sentience.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 640x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 640x380
>>63302511
>>
>>63302572
Sentient, not a simulation, but a non-human sentience
>>
>>63301316
this movie was trash
>>
>>63302872
This

Had some of the worst pacing I've seen in awhile. The story could have been told in an episode of black mirror or something.
>>
If Nathan knows that Caleb is such a beta and Ava would be successful in fooling Caleb to go along with her plan, he shouldn't have been so careless around Caleb and getting himself drunk.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.