[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
don't quote me on this, but was this supposed to be a stab
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: latest.jpg (998 KB, 2009x3000) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
998 KB, 2009x3000
don't quote me on this, but was this supposed to be a stab at hollywood and california?
>>
if their plan was to squander hollywood's money on a literal piece of shit then they accomplished it wonderfully
>>
File: wew.png (2 MB, 1896x810) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
2 MB, 1896x810
>>63296821
are you sure
>>
>>63296821
>implying this isn't a masterpeice
>>
>>63296821
>escape from LA
>shit

end yourself anytime
>>
>>63295655
Did you watch the movie? It's got heaps of satire.
>>
File: 69905.jpg (119 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
69905.jpg
119 KB, 534x800
Escape from NY is a classic but Escape from LA is funnie and has Bruce Campbell.
I don't get why this movie bombed, we could have Escape from Earth now.
New Carpenter/Russell movie when?
>>
>>63297675
>its okay to be a pile of shit as long as the movie is self aware that its a pile of shit
>>
>>63297764
I get the impression that John Carpenter is too normal to be a massive Hollywood success. He's talented as hell but he doesn't seem to that sociopathic/autistic edge that makes people massive.

His movies are great and can appeal to everyone, but at the same time they're incredibly hard sells, it's fucking surreal. Carpenter is a man who knows what people want and can give it too them, but the system has been so fucked by hacks and charlatans telling people what they want that nobody can recognize Carpenters work as entertainment genius without a close look. This happens to a few people, I consider Carpenter and others like him victims of Hollywood's decision to make movies into a product. Carpenter's movies have the right stuff, but they don't fit the current mass-producing system.
>>
>>63298000
Tfw he will die without making the Dead Space movie he wanted
>>
>>63298092
He already made The Thing. That's enough for eternity.
>>
El Che Guevara has taken over L.A.
>>
>>63297764
Same reason as always: Bad CGI is bad.
>>
>>63297764
>we could have Escape from Earth
I would rather have Escape from Detroit.
>>
I just wanna know what the hell happened in Cleveland.
What about Fresno Bob?
>>
>>63297811
>OP asked if it was supposed to be taking a jab at hollywood
>Point out that it's a satirical as fuck movie set in LA and Hollywood. (Disneyland is the bad guy's lair FFS)
When the fuck did the quality of the movie enter that conversation? it's like you're sentient diarrhea?
>>
I remember this being the 1st movie I went to watch to the movie theater. Shit was great. Snake is a badass. Can still remember the basketball scene.
>>
>in the future
>NY and CA are hellholes

maybe it was a shot at the democrats
>>
>>63298649
New York City wasn't always a family friendly theme park.
>>
LA kicked the soundtrack up a notch though
>>
>Kurt Russell
>Steve Buscemi
>Bruce Campbell
>Pam Grier
>Peter Fonda
>Cliff Robertson

It could've been the greatest sci fi movie of the 90s
>>
File: basketball.webm (3 MB, 588x248) Image search: [Google]
basketball.webm
3 MB, 588x248
>>
>>63297543
>>63297561

Not that anon, but it kind of is. Big Trouble is way better.
>>
>>63297764
It bombed because it was a rehash of NY, but it also had some terrible shit. The surfing bit was beyond stupid. It wasn't a terrible film though. It had some great moments (draw when the can hits BANG BANG *thunk*..."draw")

also we DID get Escape from Earth. It was called "LOCKOUT". It was literally Escape from LA in space. Convict is forced to go into a prison to rescue the president's daughter from deranged convicts that want to destroy the country.
>>
>>63299030
Don't forget this was shortly after the whole riots and OJ things too so LA wasn't what it is today either.
>>
Vampires is my favorite John Carpenter movie
>>
File: 1412572427820.jpg (78 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
1412572427820.jpg
78 KB, 640x630
>>63300193
>TFW Studio Canal sued Luc Besson over Lockout and won
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.