[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the end game of all these youtube stars? Are they just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: photo.png (811 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
811 KB, 900x900
What is the end game of all these youtube stars? Are they just going to vlog every second of their life and their families life, till theyre dead? Is no one stopping and thinking what an unnatural way of life that is?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
>>63295200
You think it hurts making faces like this?
>>
Most of them are jumping ship already. Youtube has been successfully driven into the ground.
>>
>>63295235

No it hasn't. YouTube videos are still making national headlines almost every day.

I wish you were right, though. Vloggers make me god damn sick.
>>
>>63295235
Oh look, it's a post from 2010
>>
>>63295200

No one stops to think about it because they haven't seen Black Mirror
>>
getting double tapped in the head hopefully
>>
>>63295275
Pretty much every famous youtuber is spreading out right now because they all know it can go on only so long.

And that would still be true if youtube wasn't trying as hard as they can to make itself a platform for teenz making pop culture references.
>>
>>63295200
I can't wait for Shay Carl's shit to get JUST when his wife divorces him and makes him pay alimony for his 50 brats.
>>
>>63295265
Facebook video is killing YouTube big time. Sure the viewcounts are exaggerated. But it definitely has a bigger reach than YouTube.
>>
>>63295235
its just now starting to die, especially the youtube gamers. I've seen people that easily got 500k views on every video two years ago barely get 10k now. Now videos like this faggot >>63295225 makes with top [insert number] lists will always grow and get shit loads of views because people think they are being 'educated' with all of the 'interesting facts'
>>
>>63295200
The gravy trains been chugging for almost a decade now, between patreon and merch, a lot of them make a good living, so the smart ones probably have savings.

Not to mention a lot of them parle their online success into media businesses and move on to more stable successful areas of the profession.
>>
>>63295225
Who would want their teeth to look that glaringly white?
>>
>stars
do dumb plebs actually believe this
>>
>>63295353
Youtubers have been diversifying their careers through other means for years now.

That's why your post was from 2010. Cause it was true then, and despite the fact it's still true, nothing's changed.
>>
>>63295484
Are you saying pewdiepie isn't a star.
I get the 'youtube famous isn't real life famous' thing, but pewdiepie and people like him have reached 'actual famous' levels of popularity
>>
>>63295430
>People don't watch what they used to watch
>That's means nobodies watching anything anymore!

It wasn't too long ago nigahiga broke 1 million subscribers. Now that's a minuscule amount.
>>
>>63295322
That's a great show but it has become everything it hates, and is now just a reddit meme itself. They should end that shit while they can.
>>
>>63295361
That would be the day. I fucking hate that guy. Ive hated him since waaayyyy back in the day
>>
>>63295526
>nothing's changed.

>comment section/response videos completely obliterated
>huge shift from small content creators to big production agencies
>once-talented channels pumping out generic shit to maintain views
>video games and makeup tutorials
>almost impossible to get any kind of traction as a new channel
>>
>>63295200
I hate that faggot.
>>
>>63295680
>become everything it hates

Kinda like the guy in the Black Mirror episode Fifteen Million Merits?
>>
>>63295200
The big ones are pretty much set for life. Pewdiepie's not going away any time soon, he's too big. Even if the youtube bubble bursts he could easily get his own talk show or something equivalent. Same for all the big channels with a shit ton of subscribers, the majority of their subscribers are teens, that means in a few years their be a prime 18-25 demographic with a lot of nostalgia for the shitty youtube channels they used to use. The smaller channels aren't anywhere near as safe, they'd better be investing while they can.
>>
>>63295697
>Wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in China
>See above
>Opinion, also new channels make new content, also implying you know all good content producers
>Implying that hasn't been around literally forever
>If your channel is shit, or if your a letsplayer.

It's literally booming in terms of business, wanna say it's morally run into the ground? That it's a shell of what it used to be in terms of quality? I'd say you're a contrarian faggot, but sure.

But the well is not dry. Theres years left to the business and ridiculous amounts of money to be made.
>>
>>63295773
Now netflix ordered a bunch of new ones we'll watch it implode . unless he goes full on gremlins 2 and turns the meme machine against itself
>>
>>63295826
>the price of tea in China

Why is this trending? I heard someone say it in New York and then in North Carolina within five days of each other. Maybe I'm just a shut in who posts on cartoon image boards
>>
>>63295980
It's applicable when you try and talk about objective, and measurable things, and somebody tries to bring in subjective opinions. Which happens a lot when people don't have a leg to stand on, cause they're being edgelords.

It's fun to say.

I don't hear it often though, probably just one of those things where an expression pops up multiple times in your life for some reason.
>>
File: url.jpg (8 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8 KB, 247x204
lol at /tv/ fagets trying to talk smart ITT
>>
we dont really discuss that shit. pro tip: i reported you
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 729x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 729x544
Well Douge Walker also went on to be huge, he's got a couple million in the bank and has a cult that will support him for life
>>
>>63296425
>lol at /tv/ fagets trying to talk smart ITT
>trying to talk smart
>talk smart
>>
>make a lot of money
>retire forever
>>
This is not related to tv or film.
>>
>>63296810
Where's Luke Mochrie?
>>
>>63295430
That doesn't mean this shit is going to die - the money is in livestreaming now. It's much easier to make money off Twitch than Youtube, especially for the medium to medium-big size artists.
>>
>>63295200
People who complain about these YouTube stars express the epitome of jealousy.
>>
>>63295200
There is no end game. They will continue making YouTube videos as long as it's profitable for them to do so. When and if their popularity fades to the point where they are no longer making enough money they will either retire if they've made enough to be set for life, go back to what they did before, or they'll just get their shit fucked up like Drake or Brendan.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.