[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished The Wire for the first time. Fucking excellent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: stringer.jpg (37 KB, 600x280) Image search: [Google]
stringer.jpg
37 KB, 600x280
Just finished The Wire for the first time. Fucking excellent series; though I'd still personally put The Sopranos a notch above it.

Anyway, who was your favorite character from the series?

Pic related for me. Stringer's ambitions to rise above the streets, but being fatally flawed with a mentality from those same streets, was excellent and poignant. He was a serious and intelligent man, but he just couldn't quite cut it in the legit business world.

Inb4 someone pretends to like Ziggy.
>>
>>63287983
Daniels best cop
Slim best drug dealer
>>
File: mrfrothy-tv-character-toys-02.jpg (33 KB, 449x514) Image search: [Google]
mrfrothy-tv-character-toys-02.jpg
33 KB, 449x514
>>63288384

Good choices.

By the way, fuck The Bunk. I can't be the only one that didn't like this big braggart fuck. He was such a bitch.
>>
>>63287983
go to sleep simon
>>
I liked bodie's development a lot
>>
D' Angelo best wire
>>
The guy who became a teacher was breddy gud.
>>
>>63288384
slim was soldier, but yeah he real nigga
>>
>>63287983
>Stringer
>Intelligent

Not a big fan of this meme.
>>
File: danielsquits.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
danielsquits.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>63288384
>Daniels best cop

Agreed.

>Couple weeks from now, you're gonna be in some district somewhere with 11 or 12 uniforms looking to you for everything. And some of them are gonna be good police. Some of them are gonna be young and stupid. A few are gonna be pieces of shit. But all of them will take their cue from you. You show loyalty, they learn loyalty. You show them it's about the work, it'll be about the work. You show them some other kinda game, then that's the game they'll play. I came on in the Eastern, and there was a piece-of-shit lieutenant hoping to be a captain, piece-of-shit sergeants hoping to be lieutenants. Pretty soon we had piece-of-shit patrolmen trying to figure the job for themselves. And some of what happens then is hard as hell to live down. Comes a day you're gonna have to decide whether it's about you or about the work.

> I'll swallow a lie when I have to; I've swallowed a few big ones lately. But the stat games? That lie? It's what ruined this department. Shining up shit and calling it gold so majors become colonels and mayors become governors. Pretending to do policework while one generation fucking trains the next how not to do the job. And then-[catches himself, and sighs] I looked Carcetti in the eye, I shook his hand, I asked him if he was for real. Well, this is the lie I can't live with.
>>
>>63290959
Based as fuck
>>
>>63290912

But he was intelligent.

He just wasn't brilliant. He was smart, but not quite smart enough.
>>
File: Marlo.jpg (48 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Marlo.jpg
48 KB, 506x316
We can all at least agree that Marlo was the biggest asshole in then series, right?

This little shit was the coldest nigga I've ever seen.
>>
File: marlo.png (16 KB, 756x1001) Image search: [Google]
marlo.png
16 KB, 756x1001
>>63292036
>>
>>63288495

>Not liking Bunk.

Disgusting, f am.
>>
>>63292121

This.

If only for that speech he gave BTFO-ing Omar in Season 3.
>>
>>63292121

>Muh pussy
>muh cigars
>muh Bunk is so cool according to The Bunk
>Muh obvious secret wish for Omar to plow muh giant chocolate bootyhole
>muh thinly-veiled gay urges to suck McNulty's dick
>muh I'm such a massive pussy I can't join in with my nigga Lester and McNulty when they fabricate a serial killer
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.