[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Star Wars Episode III a bad movie or in the same league as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 3.png (887 KB, 1200x815) Image search: [Google]
3.png
887 KB, 1200x815
Was Star Wars Episode III a bad movie or in the same league as the other prequels or no?
>>
>>63284773
As a movie it's just normal

In terms of memes it is unequaled
>>
It is the second best star wars movie, after ep4
>>
its the funniest star wars
>>
>>63284868
I kind of agree with this.

IV>III>V>VI>I=II
>>
>>63284773
Best prequel. Episode 1 is just pants on head retarded.
>>
>>63284868
>>63285512
This bait is really weak
>>
>>63284868
>>63285512
It's probably the best one of you look at the series objectively without your nostalgia glasses on

III>IV>I>V>II = VI

I'm expecting JJ to knock it out of the park and make the best one though
>>
>>63285585
Not bait. This is genuinely how I feel.
>>
>>63284773
Anyone who thinks this movie was in any way out of the league of the previous two really needs to rewatch it, dialogue feels like it was written and performed by 10 year olds
>>
>>63285642
Underage b&
>>
It's vastly more entertaining than TPM, AoTC or RotJ but as an actual movie it's on about the same level as the other prequels
>>
>>63285677
I re watched all 6 this past week. III, IV and V are my top 3 favorite. Ewoks are slightly harder to watch than Hayden Christiansen
>>
File: Jedi19-20110922-69.jpg (72 KB, 470x703) Image search: [Google]
Jedi19-20110922-69.jpg
72 KB, 470x703
It was Return of the Jedi quality.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>63285750
Return of the Jedi takes a serious nosedive once they leave Tatooine.
>>
Reminder that the proper order to view the films is

IV, V, I, II, III, VI
>>
>>63285731
The cringiest part is in the remaster when they added Vader dialogue towards the end.

"No... NOOOOOO!!!!"
>>
>>63285828
Time to put away the meth pipe, anon.
>>
>>63284773

I really don't think so personally, there's a certain level of cheese present in I and II that I just didn't feel as much in III. but that's me. I saw it in theaters as a 10 year old and enjoyed every minute of it, can still rewatch it today and only laugh at a few bad lines and such. hayden christensen is awful.
>>
>>63285828
This is correct, except just skip episode I.
>>
TBQH, I actually enjoyed The Phantom Menace due to the set design and Tatooine. I couldn't care less about 2 and 3
>>
File: 1403055077654.png (313 KB, 622x464) Image search: [Google]
1403055077654.png
313 KB, 622x464
>>63284773
There are actually delusional people on here right now who legitimately think ROTS is better than ROTJ.
Revenge of the Sith was boring ass cgi fuckfest, just the opening space battle scene alone put me to sleep. It's almost as though people have completely disregarded or forgotten the Jabba's palace, Dune sea, Space battle over Endor, and the Vader/Luke and Sheev sequences because of 20 minutes of baby Wookies (some of which were blown to the fucking air). Episode III only seemed to appeal to a bunch of
>edgy teens
>pseudo nerds
>wannabe film connoisseurs
>children
>manchildren
>redditors
>neckbeard virgins
because it was the more "darker" and "edgy" chapter of the prequel trilogy, and looked like a fucking video game. I would much prefer a shit movie with some control and inspiration by Lucas than a shit movie with complete control and inspiration by Lucas. At least ROTJ was somewhat enjoyable and better written than that single draft written script Lucas pulled out of his ass for ROTS that resembled a third grader's idea for a cool action flick. This whole III being better than VI is a shitty meme desu senpai.
It's absolute dog shit. Fuck your memes and your new appreciation to Sheev ever since you watched RLM. It's on par bad with AoTC, and if I wanted to watch a video game for 2 hours, I would've grabbed the PS2 from the attic.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 267x200
>>63285925
>>
You are simply wrong if you do not think the prequels are utterly horrible movies. The only redeemable aspects are Sheev and the greater media rejuvenation Star Wars as a whole received, as in the games, comics, books and whatnot that came from them.

In all three, the pacing is atrocious, the scene composition is weak, the over reliance on CGI profound, the action stilted and silly, and most of all, the acting absolutely terrible, beyond anything reasonable. Every second of acting in the third movie is difficult to watch. The dialogue is beyond campy, and the actors all seem to border on confused, as if they are staring at large swaths of green scenery, acting against tennis balls--which they are, of course.

The original trilogy, even ROTJ, are timeless classics. The prequels are direct-to-dvd garbage that just happened to have a high budget. I am profoundly disappointed in any fan of movies, any fan of Star Wars, hell, any person period who honestly things any of the prequels approach being good movies, let alone are better than the originals.
>>
>>63284773
it's worse than the other prequels
>>
File: Execute_Order_317.png (450 KB, 640x388) Image search: [Google]
Execute_Order_317.png
450 KB, 640x388
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>63286131
>>63286154
Fucking snobs!!! REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
>>
>>63285642
Nah mate
IV=V>IV>III>I>II
>>
>>63286131

I heard the EU is worse than the prequels. An example would be how nothing's really different tech wise in KOTOR even though I haven't played it.

ROTJ reused Tattoine for some reason for half of the movie.
>>
a great unintentional comedy
>>
>>63286131
This is right, the prequels have near zero redeeming value. Anyone I have met who likes them has always been austistic and a pleb to boot.
>>
>>63286346

The EU is pretty bad as a whole, but we wouldn't have gotten the excellent KOTOR games, or Battlefront, if not for the prequels. And yes, ROTJ is flawed, but the second half is so vastly better than all of the prequels.
>>
The bad
>episode II ends with the start of the clone wars. episode III starts with the end of the clone wars
>shitty nonsensical opening sequence that doesn't know what kind of tone it wants to have
>everyone acts like a retard, especially anakin
>palpatine's character is ruined
>darth vader is now a child killer who wasn't seduced by the dark side but tricked into it
>shitty overly long volcano lightsaber fight with no tension that is resolved in a way that makes the entire fight up to it pointless
>nnnNNNNOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

The good
>Palpatine was entertaining to watch even if his character was ruined

So no, it was not a good movie or even better than the other two.
>>
>>63285771
RotJ starts out good, gets bad once they get to slave Leia and the anus in the sand. Gets really bad once the teddy bears show up. Gets good again with Luke vs. Vader, but the final 15 minutes are weak.
>>
>>63285771
Jedi has 2 good scenes: Jedi Luke using the force to enter Jabba's place, and Luke's duel with Vader.
>>
>>63286410
>episode II ends with the start of the clone wars. episode III starts with the end of the clone wars

THis right here is one the most absurd and baffling decisions made about the prequels.

It should've been:

Ep 1: Obi Wan (Protagonist) meets Maul (Main villain of the prequels) and teenage Anakin Anakin. Clone wars start
Ep 2: Full on clone wars, with half of the Galaxy seeing the republic as authoritarian forces, and with the Jedi being deployed in secret only in zones with possible Sith (Darth Maul) activity. It would also paint both the separatists and the republic as bad people
Ep 3: Anakin gets fed up and decides to join Sheev to unite the galaxy and end the war. He sees the Jedi order as pawns being used to keep the war raging in their search for the evil sith lord. He also got married off screen. Obi Wan and his old Master Yoda find out that Sheev is the sith lord.
>>
>I pronounce you Darth Tater.

What does Sheev mean by this?

What's taters precious?
>>
>>63286346
>I heard the EU is worse than the prequels.

The EU was extremely hit or miss. Some installments were excellent, some were atrocious. Many simply failed to capture the "feel" of Star Wars and felt like they were part of some other sci-fi franchise.
>>
>>63284773
>yoda knows chewbacca
>the emperor has a weird puffy monster face
>padame dies right after leia is born
>a bunch of idiot clones murder more jedi than vader does
>anakin surfing on a lava robot
>the high ground end to the duel
>anakin is an idiot
>obi-wan kills a guy with a blaster
>general grievous is a prototype vader that's actually much more technologically advanced
>it ends exactly how episode IV begins
>the emperor uses a lightsaber
It was shit.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.