[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone seen this yet? I know it got released in Germany today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Anyone seen this yet?

I know it got released in Germany today plus there might be some anons who saw a sneak peek or something?

Is it, dare I say it, a movie women wouldn't understand?
>>
Shameless phone bump
>>
>>63279840
Vas wunderbar, mein anon. 5/5 schnitzels.
>>
>>63280103
You sound very trustworthy mein freund.
>>
>>63280103
Ich kann das konfimeren, jah. Sehr gut kino
>>
>>63279840
I'm super excited to see this movie. I love whales, I love boats, I love survival stories, and the true story is a great one.
>>
>>63280200
Danke!
>>
>>63279840
This needs to do just okay. Not great, and definitely not bad.

If it does okay instead of bad, that means they won't immediately stop any chance of a good modern Moby Dick adaptation (which we really, really need). If it does okay instead of great, we won't immediately get a rushed cash grab version of Moby Dick.

If this does okay, we might get a true masterpiece in a few years.
>>
>>63280236
Howard won't fuck this up, r-right?
>>
I like how you waited until the other thread had just barely fallen off page 10 before making this.
>>
>>63280298
I just came home from work, never seen no thread mister. Were there people who had seen it?
>>
>>63280329
Yes one of the Australians. He liked it.
>>
>>63280269
I don't think so. This is in his wheelhouse. At the very least it will have good scary whale moments. He's getting better as a director, i think.
>>
The over use of green screen and shitty modern orangey color filters in the trailer turned me off INSTANTLY.

It's baffling that a guy like Howard whose been directing movies for like four decades and is responsible for classics like Apollo 13 doesn't get that this will look like dated horrible shit within a year.
>>
The whale attack takes place for about 15 minutes, and is over with two thirds of the movie to go.

The rest of the movie is about their struggle for survival as they row to an atoll, get sick from bad food, and try to reach the shipping lanes.
>>
>>63279840
Why aren't whales more intelligent if their brains are so large?
>>
>>63280927
Good. That's what happened and I'm glad they didn't add any more scenes with the whale. Like at the end just because it's cinematic.
>>
>>63280254
How many teenage boys would see capeshit on a boat?

Noone. Please drown your delusionary fantasies you butt pirate.
>>
>>63280981
Are....are you saying Moby Dick, the greatest American novel of all time, is capeshit on a boat....?
>>
>>63280954
Because the rest of their body is even bigger? It's proportional.
>>
>>63280927
That's what I hoped for, thanks. Needs good characters and acting then.
>>
>>63281014
I think he is.

Probably never read it.
>>
>>63281014

We're getting some Shakespeare capeshit with the new Macbeth so why not?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.