[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he pleb or patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: Roger-Ebert_612x451.jpg (87 KB, 612x451) Image search: [Google]
Roger-Ebert_612x451.jpg
87 KB, 612x451
Is he pleb or patrician?
>>
he's dead
>>
probably Tylo Be Chillin
>>
A jawless critic?

He's pottery.
>>
God tier facial aesthetics. Probably bulked too much in the off season.
>>
post the webm
>>
He's no Barry Norman
>>
he was a patrician to plebs, and a pleb to true patricians
>>
File: SLACKJAW.webm (1 MB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
SLACKJAW.webm
1 MB, 720x360
He was pretty pleb but his reviews were sometimes enjoyable when you read them after seeing the movie.
He is the most overrated critic on Earth though.
>>
>>63280062
>He is the most overrated critic on Earth though
somewhat agree, but he's famous for popularising the form by appealing to plebs and patricians alike through television and impassioned rhetoric. He existed at a flashpoint where the medium of tv to prominence. There'll never be another opportunity like that for a modern critic.
>>
>>63280312
*came to prominence
>>
He gave Polanski's Macbeth four stars, so he's a patrician.
>>
>>63279562
i respect him because he was always true to himself. if he honestly liked something he'd give it four stars out of four, they'd have the two thumbs up rating and etc. he didn't pander to anyone and could often like movies that others didn't like because he'd see them differently and vice versa.

that's a man with integrity, and if that's not a "patrician", i don't know who is.
>>
pleb of the highest order. most critics are/were
>>
>>63279562
His reviews were jaw-droppingly good
>>
Probably watched a thousand times more movies than anyone who calls themselves "patrician" here cause they can watch a godard or bergman without falling asleep

He got really soft in his old age, I think he just really started loving everything due to the fact that he was dying.

yes I'm sure he gave some of your favorite movies shit reviews and some of least favorite good reiews but you don't ever critique movies on how good it does on rotten tomatoes
>>
he's patrician, but he made his money of plebs
>>
File: 1429586990516.jpg (36 KB, 552x532) Image search: [Google]
1429586990516.jpg
36 KB, 552x532
>>63279562
>One English teacher in highschool years back made my class study his writings
>Then another teacher took a good portion of class time to "mourn" when he died.
He's for plebs.
>>
>>63279562
Nothing is patrician. Literally, nothing. A meme word memers apply to anything they want.
>>
He destroyed film criticism, the world is a better place now that he's dead tbhfam
>>
He was neither, and both at the same time. He did love some outright awful movies, and dislike some masterful movies. But that's what made him a good critic, he had strong opinions, and voiced them well in a way that made his opinions seem more reflected
>>
>>63281387
>Highschool years back
>died in 2013

Nice try, faggot
>>
>>63282639
>Pre-2013 isn't years back
Lol k.

I was a sophomore when I had to do that, so yes, 5 years ago is definitely "years back". I was a senior when he died.
>>
He's literally one of two negative reviews for Blue Velvet on rottentomatoes. He's virtually the only critic who had the awareness and the balls to call out Lynch as the hack he is.
>>
>>63279562

why didn't he ever make his own film?
>>
>>63280062
What the fuck happened to him?
>>
File: 1440847681956.gif (3 MB, 206x275) Image search: [Google]
1440847681956.gif
3 MB, 206x275
>>63280062
>>
I was overjoyed when I heard on /tv/ that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers. When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.
>>
>>63283280
lel
>>
>>63279562
i used to think he was pretty great, until i saw he succumbed to his inner jew and actually gave a decent review on that shitty adam sandler cartoon.
>>
>>63283437
he was great when he dissed video games, but he fucked up and died cancer from a curse he got from the director of buffalo 66
>>
File: 170px-David_Lynch_Cannes.jpg (9 KB, 170x255) Image search: [Google]
170px-David_Lynch_Cannes.jpg
9 KB, 170x255
>When Jury President Bernardo Bertolucci announced Wild at Heart as the Palme d'Or winner at the awards ceremony,[4] the boos almost drowned out the cheers, with film critic Roger Ebert leading the vocal detractors.[18][19]
lmao what a slack jawed faggot he was. can't lynch the lynch
>>
>>63282696
>I went to highschool for 4 years
>>
>>63283121
>>63285154
it's like he had some kind of personal vendetta against lynch. I'm glad the pleb faggot is dead
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.