[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what is the greatest lie in America?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: gr8b8m8.jpg (42 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
gr8b8m8.jpg
42 KB, 786x393
Now that the dust has settled, what is the greatest lie in America?
>>
you are a big guy
>>
>>63279468
for you
>>
>>63279304
>That the red capes are coming (they came and went)

Or

>That Gal Gadot was a good casting choice
>>
>>63279536
>That Gal Gadot was a good casting choice

How can this be a lie when no one has ever said it?

checkmate marvel atheists!
>>
>>63279493
doctor pavel, i'm CIA
>>
>>63279304

that democracy is real and voting actually matters.
>>
>>63279952
It's not that devils don't come from the ground beneath us?
>>
>>63279304
BUT I CAN NO LONGER LIVE WITH MY LIE. IT IS TIME TO TRUST THE PEOPLE OF GOTHAM WITH THE TRUTH, AND IT IS TIME FOR ME TO RESIGN.

AND DO YOU ACCEPT THIS MAN'S RESIGNATION? AND DO YOU ACCEPT THE RESIGNATION OF ALL OF THESE LIARS?! OF ALL THE CORRUPT?!?
>>
>>63280016

Can power be innocent?
>>
>>63280016
HAHA DUDE DEVILS COME FROM BENEATH US LMAO

IF MAN WONT KILL GOD THEN I GUESS THE DEVIL WILL

LEX CREATES DOOMSDAY UNDERGROUND IN A LAB

POTTERY
>>
>>63280234
What is his end game? Like what purpose does setting a Superman-killer loose serve? What happens when the monster turns against him? Why is Lex autism?
>>
>>63280234

omg DC films are so deep.

you marvel shills are so blind to what actual good cinema is

top keke
>>
>>63280261

> doesnt think doomsday will win against superman and batman dynamic duo
> thinks entire city will be destroyed again and superman will be sad cause ppl hate him and leave
> endgame no superman cus he sad and crii and maybe batman die
>>
>>63279304
That democracy exists.
>>
>>63279304
The Jedi...... everything....
>>
File: andy.jpg (6 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
6 KB, 320x320
>What is the greatest lie every created? What is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? Slavery? The Holocaust? Dictatorship? No. It's the tool with which all that wickedness is built: altruism. Whenever anyone wants others to do their work, they call upon their altruism. Never mind your own needs, they say, think of the needs of... of whoever. The state. The poor. Of the army, of the king, of God! The list goes on and on. How many catastrophes were launched with the words "think of yourself"? It's the "king and country" crowd who light the torch of destruction. It is this great inversion, this ancient lie, which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure. My journey to Rapture was my second exodus. In 1919, I fled a country that had traded in despotism for insanity. The Marxist revolution simply traded one lie for another. Instead of one man, the tsar, owning the work of all the people, *all* the people owned the work of all of the people. So, I came to America: where a man could own his own work, where a man could benefit from the brilliance of his own mind, the strength of his own muscles, the *might* of his own will. I had thought I had left the parasites of Moscow behind me. I had thought I had left the Marxist altruists to their collective farms and their five-year plans. But as the German fools threw themselves on Hitler's sword "for the good of the Reich", the Americans drank deeper and deeper of the Bolshevik poison, spoon-fed to them by Roosevelt and his New Dealists. And so, I asked myself: in what country was there a place for men like me - men who refused to say "yes" to the parasites and the doubters, men who believed that work was sacred and property rights inviolate. And then one day, the happy answer came to me, my friends: there was *no* country for people like me! And *that* was the moment I decided... to build one.
>>
>>63282229
Andrew Ryan was an idiot. Deserved to die for all the trouble he caused.
>>
>>63279304
Jesse Eisenberg confirmed for Joker. Jared Leto is a distraction
>>
if he kept repeating that same question throughout the movie but with different answers each time (always something convenient to his point) it'd be coen tier funny hack
>>
File: R0eTIjN.jpg (134 KB, 1200x1775) Image search: [Google]
R0eTIjN.jpg
134 KB, 1200x1775
>>63279536
>>63279559

I didn't even care about Gal Gadot until someone pointed out that the girl from True Detective would have been a better choice. Now I'm just mildly annoyed about it, like how the guy from Creed didn't get cast in the new Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63280277
SHE WITH YOU?
>>
>>63279304
Isn't it the question of the day?
>>
>>63282470
>You know what's the oldest lie in America? That we should tip waiters.

>You know what's the oldest lie in America, miss Lane? That rape is evil.
>>
>>63282552
IS THIS SOME KINDA SHOE SIDE SQUAD?
>>
>>63282229
>How many catastrophes were launched with the words "think of yourself"?
>Blatantly lists slavery, Holocaust and dictatorship, literally answering his own question
>>
>>63282643
>not Shoe Shine Squad
missed opportunity there buddy
>>
>>63282719
for the good of america
for the good of the german people, eugenics
for the good of Germany, a strong dominant figurehead
>>
>>63282470
>You wanna know how I got these scars?
>you wanna know the oldest lie in america?

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.