[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why have you forsaken me? What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: christ.png (965 KB, 1126x515) Image search: [Google]
christ.png
965 KB, 1126x515
>Why have you forsaken me?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63277677

He's experiencing doubt in God's will. He thinks God has abandoned him.
>>
>>63277699
even though he is god?
>>
It's an obscure Sailor Moon reference.
>>
>>63277705

Jesus isn't God. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63277729
Prepare to be stoned heretic.
>>
WAKE UP
>>
>>63277729
wew lad
>>
>>63277729
You could be expelled from many churches for this statement.
>>
>>63277677
It was a prophecy about Hollywood forsaking Mel Gibson.
>>
>>63277677
The writer thought that the crucifixion part wasn't dramatic enough, so he showed human side of Jesus character. It is tearjerker.

But it is plothole, if you consider everything else.

I think it should not be in new Disney's canon of Bible.
>>
>>63277729
you should burn on a stake
>>
>>63277677
How come god had to create some part human part god like creature that is sort of his son but not really because can god have children like what, to stop people from sinning and being evil, instead of like saying "hey quit being evil" and then making everyone not evil and everyone has tons of sex and is pretty chill with each other and no one shoots up people watching a movie?
>>
>>63277827
>>63277876
>>63277883
>>63277944
>son of god
>god

pick one
>>
>>63277837
(WAKE UP)
>>
mhmm
the good ol' monophysite / miaphyste / coptic discussion.

My favorite.
>>
>>63277968
>adhering to unitarian heresy
What shit encrusted rock were you living under to have missed the Council of Nicea?
>>
>>63277729
I thought Arianism stopped being a thing many centuries ago.
>>
>>63278038
It makes for a lot more interesting of a story if jesus was first man, then divine.

As opposed to him being wholly divine, this also down plays his torture a lot.
>>
Check it out, you guys. I can read shit on Wikipedia, too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
>>
>>63277967
Jesus isn't "part human part God" you heretic. He's completely human and completely God. Jesus also isn't a creation. He's eternal and has always existed, even before the creation of the universe. God atoned for humanity's sins through the perfect sacrifice of Jesus because only a perfect sacrifice can perfectly atone for sin. The rest of your post makes you sound like a hedonistic reprobate with no concept of morality. Repent and follow Christ.
>>
>>63278077
You know what else makes for an interesting story? Heretics being damned to Hell for heresy.
>>
>>63278089
Jesus never said any of this
>>
>>63278114
Actually read the Gospels.
>>
>>63278089

So God washed away humanity's sins by manifesting on Earth, getting killed, and then returning to the status quo? Gee, what an incredible sacrifice.
>>
>>63277677
It is a common saying of among Jews who are unrightfully executed. He alludes towards the corrupt institutions that want to have him killed.
>>
>>63277981
GRAB
>>
>>63277981
GRAB
>>
>>63277677

QUESTION: What is the word for word literal definition of the words found in Matthew 27 that Jesus cried out while he was dying on the cross?

ANSWER: The scripture in question is in Matthew 27.

45 Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, 'Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?' that is, 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?' " (Matthew 27:45 - 46, NASB)

The English words ELI ELI (Strong's Concordance Number #G2241) in their literal meaning in the Greek language are "God, God." The meaning of the word LAMA (Strong's Concordance Number #G2982) is "Why." Lastly, the exact meaning of the word SABACHTHANI (Strong's Concordance Number #G4518) is "You have left (forsaken, abandoned) me."

Strong's says that these Greek words are transliterations of Hebrew and Aramaic words. Transliteration is the attempt to make a word sound the same in another language. For the verse in question, the New International Version (NIV) has "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani." The King James Version (KJV), New King James Version (NKJV), New American Standard (NASB) and the Holy Bible a Faithful Version render the phrase as "Eli Eli lama sabachthani." The NIV is the only popular Bible translation that says the first two words Jesus cried out are "Eloi Eloi."

This phrase by Jesus is a quote taken from the book of Psalms, chapter 22.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? 2 O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. (Psalm 22:1 - 2, NIV)
>>
>>63278136
>establishing the Church Age
>ushering in the End of Days
>status quo
>>
>>63278140
>Jews who are unrightfully executed

Talk about a paradox!
>>
I never understood this. Jesus knew what was gonna happen to him and then when it happens he thinks God has forsaken him? What?

Plothole desu.
>>
>>63277967
And that's why I'm not christian anymore.

fedora rain's approaching
>>
>>63277981
GRAB
>>
File: 1448453677647.jpg (91 KB, 477x600) Image search: [Google]
1448453677647.jpg
91 KB, 477x600
>>63278175
go away ahmed
>>
>>63278185
There's nothing sadder than a fallen Christian.
>>
>>63278181
see >>63278140
>>
>>63278208
>d-don't you dare insult muh Jewish overlords!

typical goodgoy
>>
>>63278181
It's to show how the Son was literally man, since He's accepted His fate, but still questions it.
>>
File: jesus.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
jesus.gif
2 MB, 360x203
>>63277677
>>
>>63278135
Lol I have. Jesus refers to himself as the son of man not some divine God.
>>
And the victim, blind to the radiating Light of Truth, stuttering, repeats
Lamma Sabacthani,
Lamma Sabacthani,
Lamma Sabacthani...
>>
>>63278181
It's to remind us that he was still human. He even asks God to take the 'cup of suffering' from him while he prays in the garden. He was scared to die.
>>
>>63277677

the Machine hadn't given Finch his number, he was confused.
>>
>>63278254
Anti-jews
serve
the jew
>>
>>63278423
>>63278474
With the attainment of adult years Jesus began in earnest and with full self-consciousness the task of completing the experience of mastering the knowledge of the life of his lowest form of intelligent creatures, thereby finally and fully earning the right of unqualified rulership of his self-created universe. He entered upon this stupendous task fully realizing his dual nature. But he had already effectively combined these two natures into one — Jesus of Nazareth.

Joshua ben Joseph knew full well that he was a man, a mortal man, born of woman. This is shown in the selection of his first title, the Son of Man. He was truly a partaker of flesh and blood, and even now, as he presides in sovereign authority over the destinies of a universe, he still bears among his numerous well-earned titles that of Son of Man. It is literally true that the creative Word — the Creator Son — of the Universal Father was “made flesh and dwelt as a man of the realm on Urantia.” He labored, grew weary, rested, and slept. He hungered and satisfied such cravings with food; he thirsted and quenched his thirst with water. He experienced the full gamut of human feelings and emotions; he was “in all things tested, even as you are,” and he suffered and died.
>>
>>63278563
>spouting esoteric shit in hopes that people will believe you
>>
what's the big deal with the crucifixion anyway, I'd be pretty chill with dying considering I have a guaranteed ticket to heaven since I'm basically god. There have been millions of people that suffered worse and didn't have the peace of mind that you get from being god.
>>
Holy shit Christian lore is retarded as fuck. Now I get why so many JRPGs end with you killing god.
>>
>>63278649
there wasn't anything worse at that time, there's a reason why Cicero called it the "most cruel and disgusting punishment". Roman citizens could not be executed that way.
The word "excruciating" for example comes from Latin "ex crucio" and it means "from the cross"
>>
>>63278790
I'm not trying to be a faggot but doesn't pain cap out to a certain point where you just pass out anyway?

I wouldn't know cuz I'm a white privilege faggot whose worst pain was a snapped arm.
>>
>>63279238
I don't know either Im not a doctor nor an expert on ancient capital punishments, but as far as I know death doesn't come so soon, usually it takes hours. And even if you die fairly quickly or pass out, your body remains hanging on the cross for the beasts to eat.

(in fact Jesus' crucifixion, if it had heppend as the Gospel say, is very unusual: for one he dies fairly quickly and two his body was retrieved from the cross)
>>
File: 1442781718954.jpg (46 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1442781718954.jpg
46 KB, 408x439
>>63279238
Hold your arms sideways like if you were in a cross. See, you can't breathe very well. I think most of the times they didn't even nail you and just tied you to the cross instead and left you there for a few days until you died from exposure.
>>
>>63277677

He thought God would save him at the last minute. He was wrong.

One of many passages that made me leave the Church.
>>
>>63277677
It's a direct reference to Psalm 22
>>
>>63277967
Can some Christian tell me the reason why God hasn't just told people personally to stop being such fags. Honest question.

Is it because it would no longer be a test of faith or some shit?
>>
>>63277967
God doesn't exist in the material world. He can only truly interact with people who have reached a state of enlightenment through intense study and worship and can transcend the material plane. Sort of a Platonic/Buddhist thing going on there.

He manifested himself in Jesus Christ to spread his word to the non-enlightened.

He had to be killed because sacrifice is some sort of messianic requirement.

This is how I was taught it, though my knowledge is vague.
>>
>>63277967
>>63278185
https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0039/0039_01.asp
>>
>>63277967

So He could partake in the human experience and come to forgive men for their nature, and to directly deliver man's true mission, which He learned by becoming man, as a man with the words of man.
>>
>>63277729
>>63277699
Full retard
>>
>>63279466
>I think most of the times they didn't even nail you and just tied you to the cross

They would do both because the weight of your body is too much for nails to hold. Though, they likely put nails through the wrists instead of hands.
>>
>"You are not the son of Yahweh"

What did the jews mean by this?
>>
File: sClem-Mosaic11.jpg (753 KB, 1600x1216) Image search: [Google]
sClem-Mosaic11.jpg
753 KB, 1600x1216
>>63279605
You know how jews used to kill a lamb to make peace with God?
In this case God is the Lamb, in fact for you non-catholics out there, Agnus Dei qui tollis peccata mundi miserere nobis is recited during the Eucharist.

God in the person of Christ needed to die (and resurrect) for the Church to be born, as the church is the Mystical Body of Christ.
>>
>>63279690
But if hes allknowing, shouldnt he know mens true nature and their mission?
He is the creator of men after all.
>>
>>63278790
>there wasn't anything worse at that time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
>>
>>63279826
He gave us free will (for some reason).
Naturally, sometimes we err and need correction (what Jesus Christ was meant to do).
>>
>antisemitic director makes a film about torturing a Jew for two hours
>>
>>63277968
>ignoring several passages explicitly stating that the Son and the Father are one
>denying the existence of the Trinity

You literally don't know anything
>>
>>63278108
>Mel
>anti-semetic

There's that meme again
>>
File: vaucanson1.jpg (25 KB, 678x381) Image search: [Google]
vaucanson1.jpg
25 KB, 678x381
>>63277677

You heard it wrong, he actually says

>Why have you foreskin me?

He wants to know why god wants people mutilate dicks of their children.
>>
>>63280718
He told them to stop doing it. It's the Jews who continue the tradition for some reason
>>
According to wikipedia theologians disagree on how Jesus could say something like that despite being God himself. This seems the best explanation they can field:

>Others point to this as the first words of Psalm 22 and suggest that Jesus recited these words, perhaps even the whole psalm, "that he might show himself to be the very Being to whom the words refer; so that the Jewish scribes and people might examine and see the cause why he would not descend from the cross; namely, because this very psalm showed that it was appointed that he should suffer these things."
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.