[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> It’s just….I can’t….just look at the above twee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: target.png (185 KB, 522x776) Image search: [Google]
target.png
185 KB, 522x776
> It’s just….I can’t….just look at the above tweet.
> So, apparently, Target.com is selling the above costume as a generic “villain trooper.” Except, that’s not a generic villain trooper – it’s a very specific character from one of the most highly-anticipated films ever, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
> It’s Captain Phasma, a new female character in the Star Wars universe played by Gwendoline Christie. So, this Target costume fails on multiple levels. First, it shows how ignorant they are about the merchandise they sell.
> What’s messed up is that, in this case, ignorance is the best case scenario. Because the alternative is that they knew this is a Captain Phasma costume, but fell into the “Star Wars is for boys” trap and thought it might not sell if they a) advertised it as a Captain Phasma costume, or b) if they sold it as a girls’ costume. I’d like to believe this is just sheer character ignorance on their parts, because the implications of the alternative are not good.
> It would be something else entirely if they offered this Captain Phasma costume for boys and girls. That would be a great progressive choice (ie: boys can dress up as cool female characters, too!). However, that’s clearly not what this is, as there’s no “girls'” alternative to this costume (which is crazy to need in the first place, since this is a female character to begin with!). Oh, Target. *sigh* You were doing so well. Most of the time.

Why is this allowed?
>>
Someone aught to tell her that literally everybody thought it was a male before they announced it was a female.
>>
Why girls pretend to like Star Wars?
>>
>it's a /tv/ complains about feminism thread

I wish hideko kojima makes /sjw/ so you faggots can go wallow in loathing there.
>>
>>63275130
>> It’s just….I can’t….just look at the above tweet.

Who the fuck talks like that? Why the fuck would you even say that if you're just going to go ahead and explain your position immediately afterwards?
>>
Isn't he the tranny writer for the Mary Sue?
>>
Is there any evidence Phasma will be anything more than a generic villain trooper?
>>
File: teresa.png (472 KB, 528x706) Image search: [Google]
teresa.png
472 KB, 528x706
>>63275173

No, just a hambeast
>>
>>63275162
Posting twitter and facebook screenshots should be forbidden on all boards. It's truly shit.
>>
>>63275154
because its the nerdiest thing ever. such nerds.
>>
File: IVUbQIl8.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
IVUbQIl8.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>63275191
>this is a woman

Maybe she should consider transitioning then.
>>
>>63275130
>how ignorant they are about the merchandise they sell.
have you ever worked for a McRetail store? they give zero shits about what they sell as long as there is profit
as for Target being sexist or whatever they removed the pink for girl and blue for boy wall backing in the toy section and replaced it with a neutral beige. also, there was something about unisex bathrooms or removing the sexist icon that represents gender from the bathrooms, but i don't know whatever came of that
>>
File: death.jpg (29 KB, 374x460) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
29 KB, 374x460
>I can't
>>
I cunt
>>
>>63275130
>Target
Isn't this a licensed product? Shouldn't someone involved in OK'ing the product have noticed and gone "No, that's inaccurate"?
>>
>>63275164
>Who the fuck talks like that?
uhhhh.. everyone? its not 1200 anymore gramps.. lol..
>>
It's far past time we just shot feminists and idiots like this and moved on. There's no reason to humor them, let alone let them continue being this way.
>>
>>63275130
JESUS HOW COULD THEY DO THIS?

THIS IS LITERALLY RAPING MY CHILDHOOD.

IF ANYONE READS THIS FIND MY MOM AND TELL HER I LOVED HER, KILLING MYSELF NOW BECAUSE OF THE RAPE SOCIETY CONSTANTLY PUTS ON WOMYN.
>>
>>63275130
Get wrecked fucking tranny
>>
>>63275261
If emoji was allowed here I'd start dropping 100s
>>
File: 1418046649497.png (313 KB, 506x518) Image search: [Google]
1418046649497.png
313 KB, 506x518
>>63275130
What, (s)he's not a fan of crossdressing?
Also Jesus Christ the movie's not even fucking out yet, who gives a shit.
>>
It's not like they're gonna buy it.
>>
>>63275463
Tell that to games journalists.
>>
It's just a toy costume for a movie character. Why are women so insecure?
>>
>>63275507
Feminists aren't great at picking battles. Otherwise they'd go after Islam.
>>
I bet these women have smelly vaginas, and aren't virgins but aren't proud of the fact due to the unquestionably morbid circumstances under which they lost their virginity
>>
They of course should have released a feminist version of it, to satisfy them.

Comes in one size, XXXL.
>>
File: 1375346665925.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1375346665925.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>WHAT? YOU DON'T HAVE A FEMALE VERSION OF *male character*?!?! THAT'S SEXIST!!
>WHAT? YOU HAVE A MALE VERSION OF *female character*?!?! THAT'S SEXIST!!
>broads
>>
>>63275529
Or the female circumcision in african countries.
Which real feminists do actually go after, but it doesn't get any attention because it's not clickbaity enough.
>>
File: 1326652756468.jpg (8 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1326652756468.jpg
8 KB, 251x241
>>63275483
>games journalists
>>
>>63275639
sorry, games *"""journalists"""
>>
>>63275191
we have a fucking censor for a reason you edgemeister
>>
File: Corbin.jpg (54 KB, 957x540) Image search: [Google]
Corbin.jpg
54 KB, 957x540
>>63275529
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.