[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for /tv/? Bought it and a bunch of other movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: super.jpg (473 KB, 1056x1498) Image search: [Google]
super.jpg
473 KB, 1056x1498
What am I in for /tv/? Bought it and a bunch of other movies from the local movie rental place since it shut down.
>>
>>63274814
entertaining yet 100% forgettable
one of the few movies where Ellen Page is kinda hot... kinda
>>
>>63274852
yeah bretty much this

I remember being entertained at the time. I remember a sex scene and some pretty cool bloody scenes. I can't remember much else..
>>
>>63274814
great weird superhero film for which i can't find a fucking torrent
>>
Ellen Page when she's all gooshy is hot.
The rest of the movie is so so. Not bad, just sort of ...enh.
>>
>>63274814
One of the best dark comedies made recently, and a decent deconstruction of superhero shit.
>>
>>63275869
This... Plus y'know, the rape scene.
>>
>>63275869
This. Awesome movie. I really hope James Gunn doesn't get too preoccupied with Marvel stuff to still do hard R rated movies like this and Slither.
>>
>>63276251
Genuinely sad that GotG did well, means he'll be in the same place as Guy Ritchie for the next few years, stuck trying to make something interesting in a system designed to sell a product from the ground up.
>>
Where kickass was over the top, this movie got it right in every way.
>>
>>63276413
Kickass had Based father daughter superheroes though
>>
Any other movies where a girl rapes a guy?
>>
Overrated gimmicky movie. The Incredibles is a much better 'deconstruction' of super heroism in general.
>>
>>63276342
I had a great time with GotG too, but yeah, I'll miss his raunchier side if he goes Guy Ritchie/Peter Jackson on us. Especially Guy Ritchie; he hasn't made a great movie since Snatch. Just watched The Man From UNCLE, and no amount of flash and style could keep it from being flat.
>>
>>63276724
>Man from UNCLE
Yeah, it didn't really DO anything did it? Cavill was easily the best part of the movie but that's it, nothing was amazingly funny, action was OK, writing was OK, filmed amazingly sans the off-road chase which was shitty. Good tech demo for filming examples and shit but meh otherwise.
>>
one of the hottest scenes you will ever see happens in this...thats about it
>>
>>63274814
>What am I in for /tv/?
the best deconstruction of capeshit ever made
>>
>>63276870

Even though I don't particularly like the movie, Watchmen was a way better deconstruction of capeshit.
>>
>>63276825
Yeah, exactly my thoughts.

>offroad chase
Blech!
>>
Where Kickass eventually became what it was parodying, this one stays as a good deconstruction of Kick Ass.

Also a great performance by Rainn Wilson
>>
File: 1297901310075.png (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1297901310075.png
16 KB, 400x400
>>63277098
The only filmmakers I'm still interested in is Edgar Wright and Gareth Evans (The Raid guy), and Wright almost got stuck with Mahvel shit until he realized how shit it was.
>>63277819
There really wasn't a single bad performance.
>>
>>63276724
He just wrote the script for a dark comedy about people in a workplace killing each other
>>
>>63277875
>Gareth Evans
We should touch dicks.
>>63278021
Awesome.
>>
>>63274814

It's literally God Bless America (or more like God Bless America was literally Super), except the two main characters wear suits and it's actually kinda good.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.