[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some movies that on first watch work as mostly serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: kingofcomedy.jpg (18 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
kingofcomedy.jpg
18 KB, 375x281
What are some movies that on first watch work as mostly serious but when you rewatch them they become very funny? In a good way, I mean.

Pic related is one for me. Tons of stuff made me laugh once I knew the character better after watching the whole movie.
>>
>>63274434
>Pic related is one for me. Tons of stuff made me laugh once I knew the character better after watching the whole movie.

Seriously? I was laughing on the first watch. Not bragging, but I have a much higher intellect than the average individual which probably explains our different first viewing experiences.
>>
>>63274434
I mean no offence my friend and ally but you are a fucking retard if you didn't find this movie hilarious on first watch. DeNiro gives one of the greatest comedic performances of all time
>>
File: 1406856442646.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1406856442646.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>>63274717
>I have a much higher intellect than the average individual
>>
>>63274717
Proly
>>
>>63274717
>Not bragging, but I have a much higher intellect than the average individual

lmao shut up
>>
>>63274717
I'm not saying there's nothing that's funny first watch. Stuff like Rupert recording the audition tape and his marriage fantasy made me laugh hard the first time. But there's so much shit in the movie that is so much funnier upon repeat viewings. Like the very first scene when he's talking to the other people lining up to mob Langford and he's being so condescending, saying that it isn't his whole life. When you first watch it you don't know how delusional and dickish he's being by saying that.

And there's also the stuff that I noticed were comedic the first time around, but were just much better in later viewings.
>>
>>63274434
Defo on of marty's most underrated films.
>>
File: 1448168906829.jpg (8 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
1448168906829.jpg
8 KB, 150x144
>>63274717
>>
The Room
>>
>>63275155
This and After hours get brought up all the time as underrated Scorsese. I agree for King of Comedy but I feel like I'm missing something with AH
>>
big lebowski
>>
>>63274717
>Not bragging, but I have a much higher intellect than the average individual
Legitimately the most hopelessly autistic thing I've heard someone say in months.
>>
Big Lebowski and Fear and Loathing.
>>
>>63274434
Classic the part where Rupert shows up at Jerry's home with masha uninvited so cringy
>>
>>63277344
It's so good because at first you assume it's a dream sequence like earlier in the movie, but it turns out to be horribly, horribly real.
>>
File: La_regle_du_jeu.jpg (90 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
La_regle_du_jeu.jpg
90 KB, 300x418
>>63274434
This movie right here. I couldn't figure it out the first time I watched it. The tone was so different than anything else I'd ever seen. When I realized it was satire I watched it again, and now I think it's the best movie ever made. It's very funny, but not usually laugh out loud funny.
>>
>>
File: Autism.gif (793 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
Autism.gif
793 KB, 360x203
>>63274717
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.