[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your opinion on him before you got red pilled by /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
What was your opinion on him before you got red pilled by /tv/?
Me, I thought he was some balding dumb looking but sometimes funny most of the time try hard critic.
>>
Used be be kinda enjoyable albiet despite being an obvious try hard, when he wasn't screaming half the time.

Now he's just a shit
>>
>>63272952
Just noticed the shadows behind him.
Holy fuck he doesn't even know to light properly
>>
>>63272952

Always thought he was a hack. His definition of "reviews" is just explain a movie scene by scene, and make obvious jokes at it. That's not a review.
>>
before /tv/ I thought he was sometimes funny but mostly irritating when he actually talked about cinema. It's incredible how little he knows about it

Now just seeing his face and thinking about his high pitched voice irritate me
>>
>>63274755
His face scares the fuck out of me now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ16w46UnCo
>>
>>63272952
Why doesn't he kill himself yet?
>>
I watched a lot of his NC shit because the nitpicking was funny and I was bored.

However I always thought his little comedy skits were cringeworthy, especially the ones where he just pulls out a gun and randomly goes berserk were unbearable. This whole "wooaah this movie is so bad I'm going craaazy" angle is so very unfunny.
>>
When was the first time you realized he was full of shit?
>>
>>63275946
When he hated on Jurassic Park 2, fuck that faggot.
>>
>>63275946
When he made the Mad Max "review" that's when I realized he was so desperate for views that he actually believed that menenist were a real thing.
>>
File: ncsquad3.jpg (31 KB, 649x327) Image search: [Google]
ncsquad3.jpg
31 KB, 649x327
He was much funnier when it was just Doug, camera, and some shitty 90s kids movie. It always did bother me how his videos were called reviews when they were more like riffing in the MST3K sense, he didn't really offer any smart points or analysis about the movie, but it was fun. Even if it was just him pointing out the obvious funny things.
His newer videos seem to complete miss what made him so popular in the first place. There's like 10 people in every episode, some forced cringe worthy skits, plot, and then some "insightful" message that always ends up being some preachy bullshit about thing he has no clue about. After Demo Reel was canceled he tried to force that shit to Nostalgia Critic, as if the crew of "comedians" was such a great idea that it had to be included in Nostalgia Critic as well. If I ever watch his new episodes I always end up skipping through the non-review parts. He should just ditch the whole crew and go back to his roots.
>>
File: rob walker.jpg (68 KB, 362x632) Image search: [Google]
rob walker.jpg
68 KB, 362x632
>>63276022
I haven't watched that episode because I knew something like that was going to happen and I'm very easily triggered by rage worthy stuff, but what exactly does he say about "meninists"? Is it about that ROTK article said something about Mad Max, and then all media twisted it into "crybaby MRA's hate Mad Max!!!"?

If he really took that bait... damn. I knew he's a hack, but that's something that can be researched with 1 google search, but I guess that's too much work for him and his brother
>>
only really watched him when I'd have an old AVGN stream on JustinTV that happened to have some of his (and a few other TGWTG guys) stuff playing inbetween the nerd's videos. was okay as background noise while shitposting or doing random stuff around the house. its not like I ever put any real weight into his opinions; it was just some random guy doing mildly interesting reviews of movies I saw in the 90s. no need to be upset
>>
I watched his reviews to get an easier to consumer cut of bad films.
Then I realized at some point that he was just getting annoying, and by that time I knew of other places to get the gist of bad movies.
I'm kind of embarrassed that I ever watched him but at the same time it could be a lot worse, at least I was never following Linkara or something.
>>
>>63275946
Last Action Hero review
>>
>>63276239
I remember that one. He complained about predictable action movie clichés in a movie that is literally making fun of those kind of things. He also made Sharknado review.
>>
are we ever going to get a board for this youtube eceleb bullshit
>>
File: brooklyn.jpg (33 KB, 829x631) Image search: [Google]
brooklyn.jpg
33 KB, 829x631
I had literally never heard of him before /tv/

I still haven't watched anything of his, I don't plan to, except now I've seen his stupid fucking face about 100 times.
>>
File: 1447441772348.jpg (15 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1447441772348.jpg
15 KB, 250x233
>>63272952
I only thought he was good when he reviewed GENUINELY BAD MOVIES ie. when the review writes itself. His actual opinions are complete shit and whenever he tries to "analyze" anything it's just complete bullshit he pulls out his ass. In fact anything he does that is his own original work is a complete failure.

He's also annoying when he screams and he drags on his jokes far too long. What should be a 10 second joke becomes a 2 minute 30 second rant or something that bores you to death and is just so incredibly tiresome.

A few years ago when he got that negro and woman to do long pointless skits is when I officially stopped watching him, it's boring as fuck, I want to see the movie review and nostalgia. Watching some autists buy dollar store costumes and act like fags on a screen for 30 minutes isn't my idea of entertainment.
>>
I stumbled upon a review for a movie I was interested in, started it and had to sit through 7 minutes of shitty probably self referential skits before it even started, also intercut with the review was him and various other peoplewho I think also does reviews on his site one at a time doing the almost exact same comedy bit while the review itself was just him saying what happens in the movie, with no real analysis or insight, with occasional yelling for comedic(?) effect

Not a fan
>>
>>63276163
They took a big part of the review which is not actually a review it was just a 30 min of shitty skits that looks likes the movie just watch it for 5 min in and you'll understand.
Also he thinks Mad Max is a Road Runner cartoon
>>
>>63272952
When I was younger, I thought he was funny. He isn't at all, in any way. The only funny things from his series are just the clips from the movies and him pointing out the obvious.
>>
I used to watch his stuff every day in 2008 and 2009
It was a simpler time, then 2010 came and everything got fucked up until i couldn't stand to look at him anymore.
>>
>>63276080

This. He started to think that he was on to something when he gained popularity and mistakenly started to think of himself as an actual, professional critic.

His video's were much better when he just had fun with them by himself.
>>
>>63272952

His early work is decent but not as much screaming and shouting as his newer material.
>>
>>63275946
Kickassia, before that I thought the whole "I'm very important" shtick was just a joke
>>
File: Dude what.jpg (59 KB, 439x522) Image search: [Google]
Dude what.jpg
59 KB, 439x522
>>63272952
I never liked him, and never was able to stand watching any of his videos.
>>
How delusional are these people to think that they can real celebs and make it in Hollywood?
>>
>>63276080
Shuffle and Fat Girl probably have contracts to work for Doug so he has to stick them in his videos. I loved his stuff when I was 13, now he's usually pretty bad.
>>
>>63277497

Just as delusional as the ones who do make it. The problem with these people is that they've devoted everything into internet fame and they've already crossed the point of no return so they have to keep it up or they're toast.
>>
>>63272952
He was never good, people just got confused because he used to pick incredibly easy targets that write themselves
>>
>>63277610
I think Doug the only one that's truly fucked he quit his job and uploaded it. Now anyone that could possibly hire him will see that.
At least the others have a chance to to be hired conspicuously.
>>
File: 1441646073003.jpg (64 KB, 720x602) Image search: [Google]
1441646073003.jpg
64 KB, 720x602
What did /tv/ to contribute to the redpilling exactly?

Bonus question: who has gifs or webms of Linkara's spoof?
>>
>>63272952
I always hated his face, voice and laugh

When I discovered 4chan I realized he was the laughing stock of the internet
>>
>>63277693

Yeah, that too. Really stupid move, and really quite an odd move from a guy who should know how risky "internet career" is.

Hell, even Angry spastic Mexican earns more than him now I think, and he was born as a sideshow to Nostalgia Critic.
>>
>>63277693
>he quit his job and uploaded it
Link please.
>>
>>63272952

Certain things always turned me off to him; I always knew that screaming gibberish at something or another was just a cheap unfunny ploy for humor. I could laugh at his stuff though.

But it wore off. I also realized he has mannerisms exactly like that of an autistic friend of mine. So I know he's that now.
>>
>>63272952
Hasn't gotten anywhere in life since 2008. You can tell he vasty overestimated his own talents and had high hopes that his initial success would just be his springboard to bigger things. However, he just got lucky he found a weird niche at the right moment when the whole "angry reviewer on YouTube genre" was newm still growing and there weren't a whole lot of watchable channels doing it yet. This is the best he can do, and he sorta realized it by now.
>>
>>63277861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-wbGNJxI2M
>>
I enjoyed his earlier reviews (2008/09) thought they were funny and it was cool to see some nostalgic shows and movies that I completely forgot about. Kinda stopped watching him around 2010 and kinda forgot him.
>>
>>63275946

stopped watching after suburban knights. When I was done with that movie i realized how sad these autists are
>>
>>63278087
What was his job?
>>
>>63272952
Last time I visited his site is when I saw his latest review was Jurassic Park. I don't want to have anything to do with people who shit on Jurassic Park
>>
He entertained me 2008-2011.
>>
>>63275946
As a Middle Schooler, I liked him but even at that age, I realized the anniversary movies were extremely unfunny.
>>
>>63272952
What am I meant to be red pilled about? That his wife is fat?
>>
>>63272952
POST HIS WIFE
>>
>>63278160
Some assistant related stuff in some car repair shop.
>>
>>63278160
Janitor
>>
POST HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
>>
>>63278278
How desperate can someone be to marry something
Like that?
>>
File: yuck.jpg (52 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
yuck.jpg
52 KB, 720x540
>>
>>63278525
>I married her so you don't have to!
>>
>>63272952
I used to like his earlier stuff when i was younger, but when his shitty skits started to take more and more time off of the actual reviews i started to see how unfunny and annoying he is.
I also like FilmBrain before /tv/ made me aware of his weird pronunciation.
>>
>>63272952
I took him half seriously until I saw him without his hat. Now it is just embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>63275946
Either Last Action Hero or when he tried to force unfunny shit like big lipped alligator moment.
>>
>>63277773
So close to >>63277777
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64
>He thought this was a good idea
>>
>>63279718
Did not mean to greentext FUG
>>
What are some good critics who uploads critics of older movies and not new garbage superhero movies?
>>
I'd watched every Nostalgia Critic episode up to date (it was early 2012 at the time). My relative would over hear it and think he was extremely obnoxious, and I thought he was funny and made some good points.

But slowly over that year after he quit the show, made another shitty show then revived NC only for it to become really shit, I realized how little he knows, his limited influence/ambition and lack of self-awareness became very apparent.

Now I try not to acknowledge the fact I ever watched his video and even deny that I even know who he is.
>>
I feel like Brad Jones is the only non-autist on the site and has relatively normal friends (unlike whoever the hell does allows on camera).

I feel like he doesn't take himself completely seriously and is mostly self-aware but at the same time not really give a fuck and laughs at himself.
>>
I've never really liked his reviews per se even though I always watch them. I more so like his review when you read in between the lines of his jokes and his ending summaries. I always knew le ironic internet memers that like rlm and yms would hate him because he's just too enthusiastic and goofy for their tastes, and you know no one on here gives a fuck about chuck jones or looney tunes. Overall, I value his opinions and really like his editorials even though sometimes I disagree. I genuinely think he can be a critic when he wants to and he knows his videos aren't reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lr1mCv0wQ&index=40&list=PLnfxpdX5St3JX4q9X_s5eYRN5jrr58AtT
>>
>>63279787
the best reviewer on the tube I've found thus far. Just ignore the cuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X64TRxx8Tyo
>>
>>63280691

Hello Jim Gisrial
>>
>>63281184
Oh I get it. Because he has little subscribers, so he MUST be desperate to shill his channel in a forum the entire world revolves around. There's no way with such few subscribers that he could genuinely be GOOD at doing what he does. Only the MOST subscribed and MOST watched channels can have any ounce of worth because the general masses flocking to these channels have the most ASTUTE of tastes. That's why RLM and YMS are great because they have such a unique ironic and demotivated sense of humor such as myself! YEAH fuck modern Hollywood! Those may be the only films I watch but at least I can legitimize my self-worth by parroting what I heard from my friend simulator. Also, picking out plotholes and inaccuracies in a monotone voice must OF COURSE equal an intelligent review. It's so analytical. Oh and don't forget the memes!! Cool Cat!! Look dere he is!! That's right, Jay!
>>
>>63281767

Okay Jim Gisrial I didn't say you were bad, I was just saying hello.
>>
>>63276239
this
>>
>>63278327
d-did he do it for free?
>>
>>63275946
When he dropped Demo Reel and came back as NC. After that, not even once.
>>
File: 1447892254214.jpg (16 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1447892254214.jpg
16 KB, 292x257
>>63278582
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD-hdE8PLjo
Fucking destroyed.
>>
>>63272952
I used to and Still do like his really old stuff. Like from his first year or 2 being online and making Nostalgia Critic. Everything after and besides that stuff is really cringey and bad.
>>
>>63282574

>one obese retard autist responds to a skinny retard autist

Probably the worst video I've seen.
>>
>>63272972
This
>>
I started watching him around the Angry Video Game Nerd crossover with the Ricky I and Bebe's Kids reviews and realized how bad he was around Casper. Runs jokes into the ground. I actually really wanted to join Channel Awesome for a while though.
>>
>>63272972
Also, his fan base act as if he's a God-tier comedian. They quote his jokes and run them into the ground. His Fanbase is one of the worst things because they gave him a God Complex.
>>
Has Douge ever done a single good review as NC? I mean the law of averages suggests he must've had at least ONE decent review over all these years right?
>>
>>63277367
Well, he did get a tweet of commendation from Roger Ebert himself (whatever your opinion of Mr. Ebert maybe).
>>
It's always weird to me when guys like AVGN and NC try to "be fair" and actually break down the game or movie they're "reviewing". It's pointless. Everyone watching knows why the game is bad. No one wants to hear you state the obvious. It's just padding for the next wacky screaming scene. The only reason people watch is to see grown men overreact and scream and shout alongside footage of badly developed games or hack movies. But I don't think the "reviewers" are aware of this.
>>
>>63272952
My cousins used try and get me into watching the guy. I hated his shitty microphone work and cringey gun gimmick, and I'm sort of annoyed so many people here care so much in the first place.
>>
>>63272952
Whiny faggot. His voice is death. Only a fuccboi would like
>>
>>63278278
Just look out the window on a clear night
>>
>>63272952
I liked him back in highschool. Can't stand him now. He isn't funny and all he does is nitpick the movies he reviews to death. Most of the time he doesn't even get his fucking facts straight when he nitpicks.
>>
>>63272952
It was funny and some of the stuff he reviewed brought back some nostalgia.

When his vids starting to have more skits and when he started reviewing more recent stuff is when it went downhill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s
>>
>>63275946
When I fucked your mom, so you won't have to.
>>
CHALLENGE: See how far you get in watching this video, post the time where you had to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64
>>
>>63276239
Why was the dog partner so confusing to him?
>>
Blues Brothers game review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmjEMDen3B8
Blues Brothers 2000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd0Trz7O5YI
>>
>>63283686

I'm pretty sure Doug is well aware people watch him for his screaming.
>>
>>63275946
Suburban Knights
>>
>>63287212
1:35
>>
>>63282901
Legend of the Titanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD_oDUTkwa4
>>
File: dougie.jpg (21 KB, 529x400) Image search: [Google]
dougie.jpg
21 KB, 529x400
>>63287394
>doesn't even mention the good Blues Brothers game for MsDOS and Amiga
>doesn't mention that the game he's playing is also known as Blues Brothers: The Jukebox Adventure
>doesn't mention that the hurting sound is sampled from James Brown singing, which was a popular sample in the 90s tracker music scene

Yeah, it's a shitty game, but it's very obvious he's not a gamer himself.
>>
>>63287836
I thought his review of the other Titanic animated film was better
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.