[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me 16-18, dont remember >watching Deer Hunter >reception/hometown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-deer-hunter-521810a7980e5.jpg (429 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
the-deer-hunter-521810a7980e5.jpg
429 KB, 1000x1426
>be me 16-18, dont remember
>watching Deer Hunter
>reception/hometown scenes=boring, love vietnam scenes

>be me at 30
>exact opposite

anyone else have these kind of moments? happened to me earlier this week, pretty sweet.
>>
I remember the wedding and all that dragging a bit but I liked pretty much all of it and I watched it in similar circumstances. Dunno how I'd feel about it now though desu.
>>
I still find them pretty boring. The POW scenes are still some of the most compelling ever put to film. De Niro's acting is on another level.
>>
>>63270083
if you havent seen it in some time, check it out. its fucking great. doesnt drag at all

>>63270160
for sure f͏͏a͏͏m. those scenes are his best work, barring Raging Bull. but his and everyone elses performance in the mill locker room, the bar, reception, etc. are so well acted, its like a fucking documentary t͏͏b͏͏h
>>
>>63270036
now go watch heaven's gate
>>
>>63270386
that and sunchaser are the two from him i havent seen.
heard its shit.
>pretentious
>bloated
that kind of thing
>>
You have become the dadcore
>>
>>63270036
You do know that Batman v Superman trailer just dropped while your here redditing about shit from 40 years ago right?
>>
>>63270611
heaven's gate is not pretentious at all. bloated for sure, it is three and a half hours long. it is also a bit infamous for huge production costs, failing at the box office, and almost bankrupting the movie studio. don't pay attention to that. it's awesome.
>>
>>63270992
its next on my list

>>63270812
dont be a c͏͏u͏͏c͏͏k pls. capeshit means nothing in the long run
>>
>>63271758
What long run? Been around since 1938. You're vietnam cryfest is almost forgotten now, and the whole movie craze about that war lasted less than 20 years. But nice try.
>>
>>63271875
Adults are trying to have a discussion here. Keep your capeshit in the children's threads.
>>
>>63271875
>children's media has been around forever
and that has what to do with cinema?
>>
>>63271875
>that war lasted less than 20 years.
this is my favorite part.
the vietnam war has had real implications on real life in the following years that the event took place.
batman: pop culture icon that has had influence over pop culture.

boy you sure got me. you've opened my eyes to the importance of comic books t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.