[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Late night Twilight Zone thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17
File: TheTwilightZoneLogo.png (60 KB, 368x242) Image search: [Google]
TheTwilightZoneLogo.png
60 KB, 368x242
>most suspenseful/scary episode
>most thought provoking episode
>most feels episode

>night call old lady gets calls from her dead fiance
>shadow play recurring nightmare with a bit of a matrix theme mixed in
>ninety years without slumber old guy thinks he will die when his grandfather clock stops ticking.
>>
>>63269021
>most suspenseful
The one when the guy working for the government learns that nuclear annihilation is almost certain within 24 hours and wants to save his family. The way it's shot is eerie, they keep using weird closeups and dutch tilts so that everything feels incredibly off.

>most feels
One for the Angels. Salesman was a real human bean.
>>
I'll try not to tip my fedora to hard but my favorite episode is "Time enough to last" there is nothing I want more than to live in a completly uninhabited planet. I'm a sociopath with no friends that can't even look my therapist in the eye.
>>
Objectively best ep is eye of the beholder feelsiest is either changing ofb the guard or walking distance

Suspensful either invaders or will the real martian and mist thought provoking is owl creek bridge
>>
>>63269367
I would like eye of the beholder more if it wasn't parodied so many times.
>>
one that doesn't get mentioned much is the lonely

it has a great score too

https://youtu.be/-TWnAO7vBns?t=569
>>
>>63269136
What is the name of that one? The only one similar to the one you described is "The shelter". Where I bunch of suburban families turn on and attack the one family that actually prepared for a nuclear attack.
>>
>>63269575
I just checked, it's called "Third from the Sun."
>>
talking tina gave me some cheap scares
The dummy one was creepy as a kid
The one where the guy goes back in time after the gas station was interesting

In trying to remember more. My dad used to watch those annul sci-fi channel marathons all the time was I was little
>>
The one with the cockroaches got me pretty good.
>>
The Howling Man confirmed for best episode.
>>
>>63269630
Thanks anon.
>>63269776
That one was really good and constantly kept me guessing. I was convinced the monks were a cult or something that called anything the devil that disapproved of their beliefs.
>>
>>63269021
>Night Call
>One More Pallbearer
>On Thursday we Leave for Home
-Night Call had really heartbreaking finish,
but the short story's last sentence was:"I'm coming right over." Which ending is better?
>>
File: rs.jpg (15 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rs.jpg
15 KB, 640x480
>>63269021
>>most feels episode
It's a three way tie between A Passage for Trumpet, A Stop at Willoughby, and In Praise of Pip. In a different way I think A Game of Pool is worthy of feels as well. It's a different kind of feel, though, about devoting your life to becoming great at your one passion and ultimately paying the ultimate price for it.

How was The Twilight Zone so great? And how was Jack Klugman so perfect?
>>
>>63269258
I like this one because I can identify with him.

I just want to be left alone but I'm surrounded by normies. They don't hate me; they just don't understand me. Why can't they just leave me alone?
>>
>>63269367
>>63269367
Oh shit I forgot about The Changing of the Guard. Make that a four way tire for me for feelsiest episode.
>>
File: tee-hee.jpg (51 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
tee-hee.jpg
51 KB, 650x487
>>63269021
>>
>>63272811
hey guys Max here I know you guys don't mean it when you bring up the twilight indecent (or when you talk crap about anything I'm involved in for that matter). You are just trying to get a reaction out of my and it's ok you all are just trying to have fun I get it. I know if we met in real life we would talk about movies and get along fine, maybe we would be friends, who knows. Anyways guys just wanted to say thanks to red letter media for having me.
>>
File: alfredo.jpg (80 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
alfredo.jpg
80 KB, 1600x600
sry too busy watching another show
>>
>>63272860
too different to compare properly imo, same way I feel about outer limits
>>
>>63269021
Where Is Everybody?
The Monsters are due on Maple Street.
A Stop at Willoughby (fuck damn)
>>
>>63272954
I remember Maple Street. What's the Willoughby one?

What about

the one where the aliens pose as a "peaceful" species, yet are actually coming to eat us all.
>>
>>63272989
It's the one where a man's on a train trip to the town he grew up in.
>>
>>63269021
I always get a kick out of Hocus Pocus and Frisby

>>63272954
>A Stop at Willoughby (fuck damn)
Right on.
>>
>>63273013
He didn't grow up in Willoughby. It was just the fantasy town in his dreams.
>>
Is anyone streaming tonight?
>>
>>63269021
The three best episodes IMO
3 The Devils are Due on Maple St
2 The Lonely
1 Walking Distance
>>
>>63272283
I'm a fan of A Stop at Willoughby but it's trumped in every way by Walking Distance, I think that's literally like an episode of a show from an alternate universe. First time I watched it I was blown away, watched it dozens of times and could never handle how well made it was. Sums up what we've lost and will never find again.
>>
>>63272811
>What cut you want?
>Give me the gay Hitler
>Gotcha
>>
File: 1435129919443.jpg (67 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1435129919443.jpg
67 KB, 640x640
>>63273306

Walking distance is indeed GOAT.

>I've been living on a dead run, and I was tired. And one day I knew I had to come back here. I had to come back and get on the merry-go-round, and eat cotton candy, and listen to a band concert. I had to stop and breathe, and close my eyes and smell, and listen.
>>
File: 1449009859094.jpg (94 KB, 775x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449009859094.jpg
94 KB, 775x1000
>>63269367
>"it's all relative"
>muh jews
>le nazi meme
>we r all human beans

After all of this, the normal people and the "normal" people are both happier staying with their own kind.

I love how they assume that any desire for homogeneity in culture or race is evil. The entire conception of the nation state is racist. Every country, every Civilisation is build on racism.

There is objectivity in beauty.

My main problem with this episode is that using physical beauty is flawed, and it shows exactly how shallow his understanding of beauty is. Even Plato wrote that physical beauty was "vulgar", and placed Eros apart. Platonic love, love of the soul, is not in conflict with objectivity. In fact, one of the main components of this idea is objectivity of beauty, beauty as an ideal, this was echoed by Kant and others in the 18th and 19th century before the Marxian sophists took over the debate. Old couples still find each other beautiful, a mother still finds their deformed child beautiful. It's so trashy to use the word "beauty" and then explicitly refer to sexual desire.

It's also a mistake to assume that since the experience of beauty is subjective, that there is no objective independent of it. Someone's poor taste in music does not stop Schubert from being beautiful.

It's one of those Reddit episodes that makes people stroke their neck beards; and, like a fine wine, appreciate the subtle messages that they are being beaten over the head with.

The actual script and camera work was average. The pacing was off and the whole thing was forced.

***Rod Serling is also a kike btw.. ***
>>
>>63273362
I respect this choice very much. Walking Distance is incredible. Willoughby just hits home for me on a very personal level.
>>
>>63269021
My most feelsiest are The Hunt and One for the Angels. That old man with his dog hits me right in the feels
>>
>>63273114
>>63273013
Just wanting to escape to a quiet friendly town away from modern life. Even more understandable today.
>>
>>63269021
>suspensful/scary
Midnight Sun. Wins in both categories for me.
>Thought provoking
An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge.
Some people seem to think this one shouldn't even count but it suits TZ perfectly and it's masterfully done.
>feels
The Wishing Pool.
I wanted one. Still do sometimes.
>>
File: vlcsnap-943414.png (213 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-943414.png
213 KB, 480x367
Number 12 Looks Just Like You is one of my favorites.

The gradual reveals throughout the episode that show just how fucked up the world really is gets me every time.
>>
File: 1448105458442.jpg (84 KB, 1428x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448105458442.jpg
84 KB, 1428x1080
>>63273722
Fuk'n noice post m9. Read the whole thing and will save to repost in future Twilight Zone threads.
>>
The Hitchhiker episode was kinda scary to me some reason...

My favorite episode is the one with the thief that gets killed and thinks he's in Heaven but is really in Hell
>>
File: sebastiancabot-twilightzone.jpg (59 KB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
sebastiancabot-twilightzone.jpg
59 KB, 300x244
>>63274978
Noice choice anon. That episode's probably my favorite depiction of Hell.

>everyone gets their own demon
>he loves his job
>>
>>63273362
Fun fact, the boy who plays Martin Sloan's childhood friend was Ron Howard.
>>
File: caesar.jpg (72 KB, 771x605) Image search: [Google]
caesar.jpg
72 KB, 771x605
Don't mind me, just being the best episode.
>>
i really like a nice place to visit, very very memorable for me
>>
>>63269021
My favorite episode was the one when some monks had Lucifer locked in a cell.
>>
>>63269776
My nigga.

>>63275347
>>
Half of the episodes are trash
>>
>>63275206
Hey, they copied Goosebumps.
>>
>>63275444
Yeah, about 90% of Twilight Zone episodes are ripped off from Goosebumps; Eerie, Indiana; or Treehouse of Horror.
>>
File: obsolete man.jpg (120 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
obsolete man.jpg
120 KB, 720x480
Anyone awake and ready for a new episode, this one is great.

>thought provoking

The Obsolete Man - a librarian deemed "obsolete" by an unnamed government is sentenced to death with his choice of execution. Super interesting episode.
>>
File: low quality bait.png (181 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.png
181 KB, 600x600
>>63275636
>>
>>63275683
there's a good chance this one is cold-war propaganda
>>
The one where the dodgers have robot pitchers that was just about how good the writers thought Sandy Koufax was is one of the sillier ones
>>
>>63275705
We're having fun, retard.
>>
>>63269738
>talking tina gave me some cheap scares
My grandmother LOVES Talking Tina.
>>
File: Time_Enough_at_Last1.jpg (57 KB, 647x469) Image search: [Google]
Time_Enough_at_Last1.jpg
57 KB, 647x469
most feels episode
>>
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? is GOAT twilight zone.

>>63274978

Same anon. The hitchhiker himself isn't even whats scary, the entire episode is unsettling.
>>
>>63275683
I just watched A Game of Pool, Walking Distance, A Hundred Yards Over the Rim and Steel. Way ahead of you buddy.
>>
Is the Twilight Zone on Netflix?
>>
>>63276420
Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 are.
>>
>>63276538
Fucking sucks. S4 never got much air time and if you want to buy it on DVD it's the most expensive.

SyFy does their marathon each year, around New Year's I think. Whenever they should just pkay all 18 episodes. I'd take the day just to watch them all.
>>
>>63275843

That episode made me appreciate I don't wear glasses. Though I felt so much sympathy for him since I have a love of books too.

Anyway my top ten:
Time Enough at Last
The Howling
The Parallel
A Stop at Willoughby
The Shelter
To Serve Man
The Old Man in the Cave
He's Alive
The Odyssey of Flight 33
A World of Difference

Honorable mentions:
Long Live Walter Jameson
The Monsters are Due on Maple Street
The Obsolete Man
Five Characters in Search of an Exit
Little Girl Lost
The Midnight Sun
>>
>>63269021
>Most suspenseful
>I agree, Third From the Sun
>Most thought provoking
>The convict sentenced to live on a far-off planet with only a robot companion
>Most feels
>Two
>>
File: twilightzonezxc.jpg (13 KB, 434x375) Image search: [Google]
twilightzonezxc.jpg
13 KB, 434x375
They're all good because Roger Sterling was a genius.
>>
>>63276631
True. I love the New Years and 4th of July SyFy marathons but to be fair they don't just duck out on season 4. They duck out on practically every episode not named To Serve Man/WtRMPSU/The Obsolete Man/Eye of the Beholder. I get that they want to show off the classics but if they only do it twice a year they ought to shuffle around the episode selection more often, and that includes showing a S4 episode every now and then.
>>
>>63273415
I don't watch things more than once in a while, like I'll watch my favourite movies once every 1-3 years but i've watched Walking Distance probably more than a thousand times. First time I saw it I was watching it every day sometimes twice for a long time. Never done that with anything and I was still getting new stuff after a hundred views. Bernard Hermann's score is the GOAT work of one of the greatest movie composers.
>>
>>63276852

Here's your reply.
>>
>>63276898
>>63276631
>>63276538
Season 4 has 15 hour long episodes are are definetly worth a watch. There is an active torrent on kickass for season 4 if you are interested in watching it.
>>
>>63277447
Here's yours.
>>
File: TwilightZoneTMADAMS (51).jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
TwilightZoneTMADAMS (51).jpg
25 KB, 400x300
Best episode
>>
File: TheOuterLimits-Screenshot-old.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
TheOuterLimits-Screenshot-old.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
Who /the outer limits/ here?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.