[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy crap this was uninspired. WTF happen to POXAR? Faggots haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 800x400
Holy crap this was uninspired. WTF happen to POXAR? Faggots haven't made a good movie since the bush admin
>>
Better than Brave.
>>
Inside Out was good, but that looks like shit.
>>
>>63267971
Anyhting is better than Brave dude, even Frozen Rekt-it-Ralph and BH6 were miles ahead of Brave
>>
>>63267738
Fuck you Big Hero 6 was great.
>>
>>63267738
There's a reason they pushed it back in favor of Inside Out.
>>
>>63268061
BH6 was Disney my friend.
>>
>>63267738
This bums me out. After a slew of mediocrity and sequels both released and announced, Inside Out turned out to be my favorite Pixar film, and I was hoping they were back on track. This one sounded like it had potential, and a lot of the animation in the animation was unbelievable. I might not even bother seeing it.
>>
>>63267738
The Good Dinosaur kills for sport
>>
>>63268102
Well i'll be damned...
>>
>>63268056
Frozen was not better than Brave. Frozen was garbage. The animated equivalent of over acting, and the musical equivalent of choir kids from high school.
>>
>>63268061
>Big Hero 6
Not pixar dude
>>
Pixar hasn't been good since Wall E tqbh family. The Good Dinosaur is a new low. It's heavy handed, unoriginal and chock full of bad acting. The clouds were fucking spectacular though. The stormy clouds weren't anything special but on partly cloudy days it was like real life.
>>
I liked it. It was a run of the mill story, but the environmental visuals were amazing and the story was mostly told through the animation and score.
>>
>>63268202
Inside Out is the best Pixar film since Finding Nemo. Maybe the best one period. Wall E is good though.
>>
>>63268262
Inside Out was not better than Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Wall-E... It's mid tier Pixar. I have high hopes for Finding Dory and Incredibles 2
>>
>>63268202
Totally agree, WALL-E was their last good one.

>>63268262
Inside Out was like their dying breath and it barely held together.
>>
>>63268162
that's why it's one of the top grossing animated movies despite having a pretty shitty marketing campaign?
>>
>>63268162
Brave story was awful, Brave characters were awful, everything was just a mess. Frozen may be the most cliche movie,but stillbetter than Brave.
>>
>>63268447
becasuse little kids and tumblrinas ate that shit up due to "muh strong womyn character"
>>
>>63268360
Well I guess we just disagree then. For me, it was the most emotional, had the most mature themes, and had some of the best visual composition, all under a fairly challenging premise on their part.

Wall-E stays pretty good, but definitely goes downhill after they get on the ship, and the message is kind of preachy imo. Monsters Inc... Idk I like it, but I think it's sort of on the level of Bug's Life, Ratatouille, and Up (which would've been amazing if it had stayed as good as it was up until they lifted off). Sort of upper tier without being as good as Incredibles or Finding Nemo (either tied for first or firmly in second).

Idk, Inside Out was just constant surprises like the abstract though chamber, subconscious, and the, imo, incredible emotional depth. It was honestly my favorite movie of the year.
>>
File: Ego-ratatouille-847416_800_600.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Ego-ratatouille-847416_800_600.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
>no mention of the GOAT pixar movie
>>
>>63268447
>It's popular so it's good
Really?
>>
>>63268360
I don't know how you can have high hopes anymore. Pixar has lost the spark that made it GOAT. They might still make good kids movies, I have no idea. But they lost the ability to satisfy kids and adults. Finding Dory might be good because the basic Finding Nemo plot can be recycled. Incredibles 2 can't do that though. The best part about the original was the first half. I can guarantee you 2 will be nothing but mindless action in the same vein as the fight against Syndrome.
>>
>>63268447
>>63268461
Frozen was just cringe the entire way through. Every song was embarrassing (Let it Go was, admittedly, very well performed), and all the characters were overtly cutsie to the point of nausea. It was saccharine, through and through. It makes sense that kids like it, but the hype on the board was fueled by literally pathetic virgins who have a crush on the girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtCXUFImZYE

I can't even fucking watch it.
>>
>>63268202
this anon knows the truth, they peaked with ratatouille and wall-e
>>
>>63268591
despite being an utter turd it seems to work for pulp fiction.
>>
File: pipe.jpg (26 KB, 222x203) Image search: [Google]
pipe.jpg
26 KB, 222x203
I just want to say that UP is without a doubt the best PIXAR movie.
>>
>dinosaur cartoon
>protag is an herbivore
every single time
>>
File: Faggot Identified.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Identified.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>63267738
OP is a faggot, you haven't watched Inside Out.
But seriously, The Good Dinosaur wasn't that great. Better than Cars 2 and a Bugs life, but that ain't saying much.
>>
>>63268758
Naw dude, that would only be true if it were a short that ended right after he lifts off. But the movie keeps going and it ends up being about a grumpy old man, an annoying sidekick, a zany bird, and a bunch of talking dogs the fly airplanes. It drops off a fucking cliff like twenty minutes in.
>>
I thought it was pretty neat how they managed to animate the T-Rexes like they were both horse and rider.
>>
>>63269030
I think A Bug's Life is underrated. Not that it's as good as their best, but it's like as good as Monster's Inc and Ratatouille (which I think is pretty overrated).
>>
>>63268162
This is what happens when you spout the same Hyperbole for an entire year. You start believing it.

Everyone knows that Frozen was good but no where NEAR as good as the hype let on. It was Overrated, didn't deserve the praise it got, or the awards. Especially since Tangled and Wreck-it Ralph, two better Disney movies, got crapped all over at awards ceremonies when they were new. Tangled didn't even get nominated for Best Animated Feature at the oscars.
>>
I watched Ratatouille for the first time in forever a few days ago and I have to say that it's overrated. It is pretty funny and has a nice atmosphere and soundtrack, but the pacing is total shit and the plot is boring and somewhat contrived.

Inside Out is also in the top 3 Pixar movies easy.
>>
>>63269190
Idk, I went into it with as much hype as I've gone into any good Pixar movie, and it didn't keep me from liking those. Frozen was honestly hard to watch. I'm relatively knowledgeable about music though, so it didn't help that it was just a string of saccharine theater pop songs. The music ruined it for me more than anything, but this whole scene (I know I posted it before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtCXUFImZYE

just makes me want to set my face on fire.
>>
>>63269190
God Tangled was good.

I guess it's for the best, I might have gotten tired of it if it had the same blitz of memetic shit.
>>
>>63269288
My man. I do like Ratatouille, it had a nice message and was consistently entertaining, but the whole "he can control my arms by pulling my hair!" thing was pretty boring. They should have had the Rat just teach him the recipes or something, and worked out the rest of the tension some other way. Surprised it gets as much praise as it does.
>>
>>63267971
>>63268056
>>63268162
>>63268461

I wanted to fuck bearwife :3
>>
>>63267738
Everything Pixar has released since Up has been terrible, so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>63270106
Inside Out is fantastic.
>>
>>63270106
Bitch, you haven't seen Inside Out or you have shit taste.
>>
Holy shit, plebs everywhere in this thread. The Good Dinosaur was damn good. If you want to see the best cgi out there right now take a look. Besides the dinosaurs/characters, all the backgrounds basically looked like real life

the academy better nominate both pixar films for best animation or they are frauds
>>
>>63268549
well it doesn't have any of those things. all other pixar movies have more mature themes and they handle them much more deftly from a directing/writing standpoint.
you are just a faggot
>>
>>63269288
i think you got your movie titles confused
>>
File: ulric.jpg (134 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
ulric.jpg
134 KB, 760x596
>>63269542
>>
>>63268012
Inside Out was alright, definitely overrated.

>>63268061
Big Hero 6 sucked and was predictible.

>>63268202
This to be honest my family.
>>
>>63272030
Well give me an example of a Pixar movie with more emotion than everything that happens in the memory dump. The opening of Finding Nemo and Up compete, but they don't really have a sustained feeling of loss, much less of a character that you actually spend time getting to love. Thematically it's actually one of the only films I can think of that makes the case that sadness is important (not that I'm at all saying that there aren't any others), but I think it's a pretty broad theme that speaks directly to one of the biggest struggles of the human experience, and makes a, imo, profound statement. I'm not going to make a cingrid, but I though a lot of the visuals were great, particularly the memory dump.
>>
>>63267738

What studio is making good animated films these days? Inside out feels like the last good Pixar film we'll be getting in years. Minions was a soulless marketing ploy, and I have no idea what Dreamwork's last was. Who will save computer animation?
>>
>>63272590
Computer animation specifically? Idk, Pixar was the only consistent one until recently. Ghibli does good stuff though, The Wind Rises was fantastic.
>>
File: 394.jpg (37 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
394.jpg
37 KB, 800x580
>>
>>63272590
Check out Tomm Moore
>>
>>63272590
>What studio is making good animated films these days?
Japanese ones.
>>
>>63267738
>since the bush admin
Didn't know that was Pixar's doing. But now you mention it it kind of explains a lot.
>>
>>63272209
>Big Hero 6 was predictible.
Wow. It's a kids movie. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>pixar will never release that salamander movie

It could be the greatest movie of all time and we'll never know
>>
>>63268360
>Inside Out was not better than Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Wall-E... It's mid tier Pixar.

Not sure how anyone could even refute this but different strokes for different folks, am i right gang
>>
>>63268567
I despised everything about it. The character design, the plot, the disgusting mouse and the pathetic idea how she controls the guys actions.
Are you guys just memeing hard or are you blind from some sort of childhood nostalgia with this one. Serious question.
>>
>>63267738

I can usually suspend belief when it comes to Pixar but this is just too far. As a studient of prehistory this movie make me wanna barf. The sheer fact that the creators would think humans would coexist with dinosaurs doesn't make any sense. Humans are mammals, which at the end of the cretaceous period weren't much bigger than shrews. There is literally no feasible way mammals would have evolved alongside dinosaurs. Not to mention, herbivore dinosaurs were freaking huge and very territorial. Even if they don't eat meat they would have the size to seriously injure several people at the Same time. Pixar is just grasping at straws with these ideas and it shows.
>>
>>63275675
Faggot
>>
Requesting someone shop "Absolute Madman" over "Good Dinosaur"
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.