[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese movie thread. Just seen tag and i didn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: The_Chasing_World-Sion_Sono-p1.jpg (178 KB, 560x787) Image search: [Google]
The_Chasing_World-Sion_Sono-p1.jpg
178 KB, 560x787
Japanese movie thread. Just seen tag and i didn't really know what to think during the whole movie. At least it's original, unpredictable and pretty ambitious, if not perfect. Sion really tries new things everytime, he's probably the best japanese director still alive.
>>
>>63262251
the movie didn't have enough Aki.
>>
File: 20th Century Boys poster 04.jpg (894 KB, 1600x2260) Image search: [Google]
20th Century Boys poster 04.jpg
894 KB, 1600x2260
this trilogy is definitely a must watch
>>
>>63262429
Yep, but Reina was ultra-cute tho

>>63262484
Really? Usually manga adaptation nowadays are pretty lazy and useless
>>
>>63262503
Trust me, the 20CB movies are great.
>>
>>63262587
Even if I didn't like the manga?
>>
File: ZERO_PosterSG.jpg (436 KB, 1251x1797) Image search: [Google]
ZERO_PosterSG.jpg
436 KB, 1251x1797
It's nice movie. but as a Fatal Frame adaptation, I expected more out of it.
>>
>>63262605
just give it a try, mate.
>>
Is this a joke thread? These are all shitty japanese movies.
>>
>>63262251
>didn't really know what to think during the whole movie

common theme in these threads. wonder why
>>
File: Battle-Royale-poster.jpg (514 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Battle-Royale-poster.jpg
514 KB, 1000x1500
This one is also pretty great. the sequel is also fine.
>>
>>63262738
I wonder why too? Because there's not many films that make me feel like that actually.
>>
>>63262766
you clearly have a shallow mind and are a secondary consumer at best
>>
>>63262810
No. You can't deny this movie is far from mainstream. Want me to namedrop stuff just to prove I don't have a "shallow mind"? I could Tarkovski, Jorodowsky, etc. It's not that I'm not used to "deeper" movies with a different structure.
And Tag is pretty different from the norm. It's not (only) about the "WTF lol" aspect.
>>
Any decent samurai film in the past 7-8 years? pls no Miike
>>
>>63262903
I think samurai movies are pretty dead? Last good one I saw was Gojoe. 50-70's was the golden age...
>>
Sono is probably the biggest hack in Japanese cinema tbqh
>>
>>63263188
So... Sono is the Hideo Kojima of movies?
>>
File: 1368825273319.jpg (42 KB, 467x442) Image search: [Google]
1368825273319.jpg
42 KB, 467x442
>>63262884
>Tarkovski, Jorodowsky, etc
>not mainstream as fuck
jesus christ pleb, get a life
>>
>>63262251
this movie was fucking awful. I get that now he's doing 5 films a year but it's hardly worth it if they're going to feel this rushed

I hope he goes back to one film a year
>>
>>63263166
Well I fucking loved Yoji Yamada's recentish pseudo-trilogy. A bit heavy on the melodrama sometimes but it's good shit.
>>
>tfw someone memed you into watching that movie

that actress is adorable though
>>
>>63262251
>the best japanese director still alive
oh please I agree that he's interesting and I always look foward to his films, but come on you can't really say that he is seriously better than say Kore Eda
>>
>>63262903
like it or not Miike is the only one that made half decent samurai films since Yoji Yamada in the early 2000's
>>
>>63262884

le jorodowsky face, how esoteric of you
>>
TAKASHI MIIKE POOR'S MAN

GO AND EAT A BAG OF DICKS SONOFAGGOTS
>>
>>63263245
No, shut up, you don't even know what mainstream means.
>>
Tag is pure trash

its a movie with a few cool scenes that would end up in a webm thread where it would get a handful of "source?" replies but anyone who actually ends up watching it will have wasted their time.

yes i was one of those people

trash movie, aki was cute though
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.