[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtk GtXtDlQA Opinions on DHMIS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: DHMIS.png (707 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
DHMIS.png
707 KB, 1366x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA

Opinions on DHMIS?
>>
>>63261926

2Deep4Me hipster shit mixed with shock value
>>
really good stuff. I really want to see where they're going with all this.
only interesting attempt at creative story telling in recent memory
>>
>In the digital world there's over three things to do

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63261926
First one was cool, others started to get kinda dumb and trying to ride on the whole "2deep4U" vibe.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448668598642.jpg (19 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448668598642.jpg
19 KB, 340x372
PSA that if you use "2deep4u" to criticize any kind of work it is literally too deep for you.
>>
Episode 1 was about how children's media inherently stifle creativity by containing it

Episode 2 was about how producers exploit the concept of time to create an endless feeling of discontentment among consumers

Episode 3 was about imbalances in sexual practices in secular and religious communities

Episode 4 was about giving up countless info for a very limited array of mundane entertainment

Not sure about 5
>>
>>63262367
Shit b8 m8. I dont think it takes itself as serious as you say it does. I guess the whole point is to be one of those weird youtube videos like too many cooks.
>>
>>63262584
no, that's bullshit
Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are spoofs of typical children's show motifs mixed in with random disturbing imagery. That's all.

Have you ever watched an episode of The Muppets or Mr. Rogers or similar programming? Creativity, time, love, technology, and a healthy diet are all generic things for them to teach aobut.
>>
>>63262584
5 is just the story going forward, the producers are trying to keep the characters busy while the red guy is trying to contact them to tell them they are in a show
>>
>>63262584
>digital dancing
>mundane

You're a joyless philistine.
>>
>>63262650
just watch them again
>>
>>63262584
If you think the point was to actually make some kind commentary about life or time or some shit then you are honestly an idiot. The whole point of it was to be weird and absurd. The intention was to go from a kids show to something that normies would consider disturbing.
>>
>>63262584
Episode 5 was about how food companies, in conjunction with the media, pedal unhealthy food to children (the yellow kid) often by using lovable characters (the bird), thus causing kids to be obese
>>
>>63262721
do you realize how much time and work producing something like this takes?
>>
>>63262584
>>63262697
>>63262780
Or maybe they're just videos filled with gags about a particular theme that's frequently seen in children's television, mixed in with random disturbing imagery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
>>
File: 2 (1277).jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2 (1277).jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>63262650
If you think that's all there is to those videos then you really need to watch them again. It's not that hard to pick up on it if you pay attention to what's said.
>>
>>63262367
>>63262460
read>>63262501

Honestly, take a break from /tv/ and let the contrarian eye glasses slowly fade away. Your contribution will never be taken seriously if your first reaction to something remotely dark with underlying themes is OMG TRY HARD EDGY TOO DEEP FOR YOU. Of course they're using stark imagery to be edgy, but not just for edginess' sake, you need to realise the difference... they're not that kid at the lunch table who made holocaust jokes loudly, read through sikipedia and made fun of 9/11 for attention.
>>
>>63262584
>>63262780

These are correct. Also throughout the series it's important to note that the yellow guy is the average consumer in these videos. He is always the one getting led around and told what to do by the media or other outside influences.
>>
File: 1 (125).jpg (9 KB, 226x166) Image search: [Google]
1 (125).jpg
9 KB, 226x166
Anytime someone says "2deep4u" it's like a really nice, automatic marker that instantly lets me know I'm talking to someone who is 16-20 years of age.

The messages in the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared videos are not buried that far beneath the surface. Really, they're not. I mean seriously, take these lyrics from the 3rd video:

> He's made for her, and she's made for him!
> That's the way its always been!
> And it's perfect! And it's pure!
> And it's protected with a ring!
> That's the way that all love goes.
> Like a flower it grows and grows
> And it's forever and forever!
> And now we all worship our king, our king

> And this is your chance to start anew,
> and all we're asking you to do,
> is change your name,
> and clean your brain, and forget about anything you ever knew.

The commentary here is very obvious; in these two verses you have ideas about cultural definitions of love, expectations of sex and marriage in the context of religion, the idea that everyone has someone, etc etc.

It's not 2deep4u, it's the conversation these guys put into their short films.
>>
>>63262917
That's true if you're just amazing it on a surface level
>>
>>63263337
Analyzing*

on phone
>>
Oh look nothing!
>>
>>63263365
> on phone

Why not just refrain from posting?
>>
>>63263430
Because I knew it would upset you
>>
>>63263505
I'm actually the guy agreeing with you and who explained the meaning behind the videos in the other post. I just hold the opinion that posting on mobile is a huge factor in the quality of posts on 4chan getting worse over time, because people don't type long replies and it encourages short responses and "no u" posting.
>>
I'm kinda interested in what's happening with the red guy. In episode 5 he shows up during the end credits and is walking around in a trench coat. Like has he abandoned everything and is searching for meaning somewhere else. If they do an episode 6 we might get some context about what he's up to.
>>
>>63263570
While I agree with that sentiment, I felt like I had to make a comment about my phone's autocorrect because having a typo like amazing wouldn't make sense if I was on a computer.
>>
wonder showzen ripoff. and don't give me any shit about how this is deeper or more subtle. it isn't. see s1e08 "Patience"
>>
>>63263337
aww thanks
>>
Really good concept, very well execute. There's obviously a lot of talent behind it.
Though there obviously is an overarching storyline to it, I think people look too much into every little detail
>>
>>63263752
I understand. You can usually leave it, it's always easy to spot autocorrect typos; most people don't just accidentally type another word on a desktop.
>>
>>63263767
I don't think anyone here is saying they're better than Wonder Showzen. I don't think it's a complete ripoff though.
>>
What continuity is there between eps? I've noticed:
>The date on the calender
>Red guy leaving
>Yellow guy's dad in the background
>>
reddit
>>
>>63263891
The oats is one. In Ep4 the oats represents the ubiquity of advertisement
>>
>>63263891
Yellow's hair has grown longer over the episodes, and I think episode 6 will have no bird
>>
>>63263969
wonder if yellow guy will still be fat from eating canned bird guy

>>63263943
i noticed the oats in 4 but didn't think of advertising, that's neat
>>
PESKY BEE
>>
>>63264066
DIGITAL STYLES
>>
>>63264024
Yeah when the computer says

> hoping to find something you're looking to find

He hovers over the newspaper article and the oats advertisement appears. Definitely a play on native advertisement/browser tracking
>>
>>63264088
DIGITAL DANCING
>>
>>63263236
Some 20 year old saw it in three minutes, but doesn't realize thousands of hours of work has been put into it, so he thinks it's just "random" and weird.
>>
>>63264126

HEY THIS IS FUN
>>
>>63263891
>>63264024
>>63264088

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>63264323
yeah but if i stopped using it i'd have to type it in again when i need it

also have you seen this guy "Anonymous" he's been shitposting everywhere
>>
Pretty cool. Bit hipstery.

So the yellow guys dad is the illumanutty right. And they're controlling our minds by conditioning us through children's TV shows yeah?

The red and green guy are the part of us questioning things around us and they are killed off as we get older?

Also what was with the chicken in the love episode? Was the fact it was uncooked and raw meant to be a metaphor for the fact we are sexualized at a young age before we are ready/ Was that what the whole egg thing was?

Not bad for a youtube series.
>>
>>63262584
>>63262650
>>63262780
Vaativydia?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.