[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prequel apologists are now trying to claim that C3PO was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: JarJar.jpg (15 KB, 300x324) Image search: [Google]
JarJar.jpg
15 KB, 300x324
Prequel apologists are now trying to claim that C3PO was the Jar Jar Binks of the OT. It's embarrassing. Like really embarrassing.
>>
Annoying 'comic relief' stereotype who did nothing for the plot?
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>>63261223
Gays robots >>> Slapstick comedy
>>
>>63261270
C3PO was actually good comic relief. The OT had a sense of humour without having cringe attempts at comedy scenes like the prequels.
>>
>>63261223
They are right though.

I don't really like the prequels (mainly for the righting, flat acting and cheap cinematography and Excessive CGI), but I never had much of a problem with jar jar, he is very much the prequel C3PO
>>
but C3PO and R2 literally set the plot in motion in New Hope
>>
Jar Jar isn't even remotely close to being the worst character in the series. It's a meme to hate on Binks.
>>
>>63261330
>righting
>>
The Ewoks were the Jar Jar of the OT
>>
>>63261223
R2 is the Jar Jar of the entire franchise.
>le meme trashcan robot
>*beeps incoherently*
>"Whoooooooaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Fuck R2!

First runner-up is Chewie.
>>
>>63261223
Really replace "Jar Jar Binks" with "that wacky new CGI mocap!"

"Look what we can do with this new thing! HAHA! ISN'T IT HILARIOUS!?"
>>
>>63261330
>Jar Jar
>not excessive CGI
>>
>>63261407
Having a contrarian attitude leads to bad taste, dude.
>>
The prequels were shit, but at least Lucas was trying to make something worth making even though he failed horribly. TFA just looks like fanwank with no substance that will retread the OT. I think there's been enough Marvel movies at this point that we know what to expect. Sure it'll be flashy and fun to watch, definitely better than the prequels, but still just generic action movie #64858365.
>>
File: Might have gone too far.png (493 KB, 841x468) Image search: [Google]
Might have gone too far.png
493 KB, 841x468
>>63261515
>"Alright Ahmed Best, I want you to walk... no stroll, you know, in that "rhythmic", "urban" sense of way comedians often make fun of us whites for not being able to do... yeah, yeah, sort of like on those, uh, keep on trucking stickers from the late 60.... yes, that's it, keep strolling, keep strolling and, -sploosh! you just stepped into dookie..."
>"That's right, Bantha dookie, It's a big log of shit, the size of an ant-hill, wet and smelly too, the type that explodes on your shoes and doesn't come of- .. yes, that's it, lift your foot like that and wave your hands indicating disgust. And how about a catchphrase... something like, I dunno... "How rude!". Yeah, that's it, good enough and- Yes, I know, we'll fix it in post."
>>
>>63261270
>did nothing for the plot
uh.........................................................
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.