[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the FUCK isn't Will Smith coming back for the independence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: jeff_goldblum_paypal.jpg (26 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
jeff_goldblum_paypal.jpg
26 KB, 652x367
why the FUCK isn't Will Smith coming back for the independence day sequel?

Goldblum's coming back
Bill Pullman's coming back
even Vivica A Fox is coming back (she played will smith's stripper wife)

Does Will Smith have a fucking ego complex? he refused to do Django Unchained because Django wasn't the main character. Could there be a similar situation happening here?
>>
He probably demanded an unreasonable amount of money to reprise the role. More than likely he had the mindset of "No Will Smith, no movie." and it backfired.
>>
>>63260712

I thought he rejected Django because it wasn't "family friendly"
>>
Either he demanded more than what the studio is willing to pay or he's busy. Simple as that.
>>
>>63260712
he refused to do django cuz words bother him
>>
File: 1315581947953.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1315581947953.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>Will Smith dropped The Matrix
>>
>>63260712
He doesn't need to lower himself to doing 90s cash in nostalgia movies...yet. He's still making bank even after that abortion of a movie with his dumb son.
>>
>>63261016
literally that worked out best for everyone involved.
>>
>>63260712
It seems like a pretty practical decision considering his last few big box office action movies. I mean if Suicide Squad bombs he should definitely just stick to romantic comedy and suspense movies.
>>
>>63260712
he did not portrayed Django because he wanted a love story, not a revenge one.
>>
>>63260712
they didn't let his son play his son
>>
>>63261119
Men in Black 3 is anything but a cash in nostalgia movie though, right? And After Earth and SOOSYDE SKWAD capeshit are just top quality. Lower himself? Get real, son.
>>
File: Roswell_Aliens.jpg (88 KB, 1100x704) Image search: [Google]
Roswell_Aliens.jpg
88 KB, 1100x704
>check out comic book store website
>new arrivals
>all ID4 Independence Day comics

Are they any good? I liked the movie and it scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, but how's the comics?
>>
>>63260712
Reprising a role from one of your past successful movies years later is a clear sign of a washed up actor trying to be remembered, Hes not ready to accept that yet.
>>
>>63260712
>Django wasn't the main character
he literally was though
>>
>>63261206
this
>>
>>63260712
He wanted to come back but then he insisted they shoehorn his worthless son into the story somewhere. That was just a step too far for the studio.
>>
>>63261016
WELCUM 2 DA DESERF OF DA REALZZ
>>
>>63261237
MiB3 was 10 times better than 2. the ending scenes were pretty poignant and pretty much justified the reason for Agent K choosing J in the first movie despite failing his tests.
>>
A more important question is who is gonna replace randy quaid? That nigga in jail right now for some hillbilly shit. Go look up his mugshot, he looks like a mountain person now
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 660x371
>>63262170
Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
The real real question is way do we need Independence Day 2?
>>
>>63262170
I don't see how he possibly could have survived that explosion which he was the epicenter of.
>>
>>63260712
>a black actor is included in the new star wars
>/tv/ throws a shit fit
>a black actor is removed from the new independence day
>/tv/ throws a shit fit

autism is a hell of a ride
>>
>>63262210
>>63262170
STAR
WHACKERS
>>
>>63262266
Apple technology has gotten powerful enough to conquer the alien empire.
>>
>>63262627
Yeah because all of /tv/ is just one autistic guy.
>>
>>63262745
actually, that's one of the best ways to describe it
>>
>>63262627
Will smith is hardly what I'd call black
>>
>>63261710
Who is the publisher?
>>
>>63261710
man, saw ID 1 some weeks ago, the movie still holds up. The alien designs are so cool, I probably have the toys somewhere.

Will Smith was funny, he didn't even look like Will

Too bad that all the amazing puppets and aliens will be replaced by CGI and you know it.
>>
>>63262093
>despite failing his tests
He showed more resourcefulness and empathy for monsters than his GI Joe competition. His only problem was his issues with authority.
>>
Maybe he decided he wants to act in good movies now?
>>
>>63262890
Marvel I think, at least that's what internet says.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.