[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I have in my mind this fantasy that someone is going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 960x640
"I have in my mind this fantasy that someone is going to write a new Star Wars.... That won't be called Star Wars."

Think that will ever happen? Every nerd has a scifi/fantasy universe cooked up in their head.
>>
The LOTR movies were basically that. For a while anyway.

Avatar may be that in terms of scale but they didin't produced any toys. Valuable ones.
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy, Max
>>
We've already got Star Wars.
We don't need another Star Wars.
>>
>>63258111
that's based on something u retard
>>
It annoys me how he's one of the few guys in the system that calls it out for what it is yet keeps making absolute trash movies
>>
>>63258192
everything is based on something.

Like how star wars was stolen from those greek comics.
>>
>>63258192

>>
>>63258111
>>63258017

LOTR is adapted from a very popular book series.
Avatar is a original, but a billion dollar director made it, not a total newbie.
Max and GOTG are established brands too.
>>
Saga by Brian K. Vaughan
>>
>>63258264
Didn't he said he didn't wanted an adaptation from his book?
>>
>>63258227
Avatar was based on a shitty cartoon
>>
It'd have to be a novel first. No studio is going to look at some random kids "Game of Thrones meets Halo meets Blade Runner" script.

Nolan had to make a bunch of smaller films and capeshit before they let him do his big ideas like Inception and Interstellar
>>
Harry Potter is the modern equivalent, despite being based on books. Just let that sink in for a moment.
>>
Pop culture is so oversaturated due to technological advancements we will never get another Star Wars.
>>
but anon, the hungry games

no one wants that stupid "flying in spaceships" scifi any more
>>
>>63258436
Interstellar wasn't Nolan's idea. That script was shopped around to Spielberg as late as the 90s.
>>
>>63257929
The Fifth Element?
>>
>>63257929
That's not what he meant, I think.

I think what he meant is someone coming from nowhere and suddenly changing the game in the movie business with something different. Not necessarily someone starting up an SF or fantasy franchise.
>>
The last time someone tried to copy Star Wars' formula we got Eragon.
>>
>>63257929
>new Star Wars
We don't even like the old Star Wars, we don't need more. Why couldn't he write the next Blade Runner or Usual Suspects or even Friday, shit.
>>
lets see maybe the warcraft movies are gon be good

but like all video game adaptions i doubt it
>>
>>63258890
Doesn't that happens all the time?
I mean Renf jumpstarted the neo80s faggotry.
>>
>>63258203
he dindu nuffin its the marketing!
>>
File: 453.jpg (143 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
453.jpg
143 KB, 800x540
It's called Lord of the Rings you spergs. Yes it's an adaptation of novels but it's still as original as the Star Wars serial / Kurosawa / Joseph Campbell hybrid.

It was a completely new and original movie going experience and it revolutionized the ways films are produced.
>>
>>63259128
That's nothing like what Star Wars did in '77.
>>
File: Goyim, Please.png (65 KB, 574x600) Image search: [Google]
Goyim, Please.png
65 KB, 574x600
>>63257929
Max, did I ever tell you about the time your father organised a dangerous film shoot despite several warnings from experts, which resulted in the deaths of actor Vic Morrow and two children, and that because he was wrongfully acquitted, he had the opportunity to spawn you, and that only nepotism allows you to continue your career as a mediocre screenwriter?

He was a good friend.
>>
>>63257929

My favorite part was how uppity he got about how much scripts get changed in the filmmaking process, then in the Victor Frankenstein review they read excerpts from his script and it was shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.