[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do his movies keep flopping? He has four movies out in 2015,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: max-landis1.jpg (59 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
max-landis1.jpg
59 KB, 680x478
Why do his movies keep flopping? He has four movies out in 2015, and all four are box office and critical flops.
>>
The end result of nepotism.

No talent fraud exposed.
>>
It's everyone else's fault in my honest opinion family
>>
It's not his fault that Hollywood can't understand his original and fresh ideas. Hollywood is just too backwards for such an innovative auteur.
>>
>>63252078
the producers and directors keep fucking up his stories
>>
Why would a writer be held responsible for the success or failure of a film?
>>
>implying it matters
that means he sold 4 scripts so he's doing pretty good desu
>>
>>63252078
>Parents: John Landis
well shit no wonder this talentless hack keeps getting his scripts made
>>
Why hasn't anyone told him how fucking awful his hair looks?
>>
>>63252078
Seems like a good guy, just needs to team up with a good Director.

Maybe work on something a little funnier as well.
>>
>>63252335
>>63252355
>>63252346
>>63252398
Go to bed, Max.
>>
>>63252078
here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-Dry8Qb4A
>>
>4 down, 71 to go
hope he ends up destitute and bankrupt but I know it won't happen
>>
I actually like his movies :-X
>>
I think his main flaw is that he can't work with the system, the system works him.
He can't write good scripts that the system doesn't change.
So he's lacking a talent of sneaking good ideas past the fun police.
>>
>>63252078
Talent to nepotism levels are way off.

It's funny because with his father's connections, Max could have learned from some of the best writers and directors out there...But he didnt.
>>
>>63252441
It's 1:44 PM
>>
Because he's a poor writer.
>>
>>63252078
His only succesful script was a straight copy of Akira
ever since he has been exposed
seems like a likeable enough guy, but he's not very talented
>>
It's the Landis curse

His movies crash and burn like a helicopter onto a pair of vietnamese children.
>>
>>63252078
Only two have been released, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>63252078
He sells his scripts to the wrong people.
>>
MAX WAS THE PILOT OF THE HELICOPTER!
>>
His father is a murderer.
>>
>>63252803
this, from what i've read of landis' scripts they have some good personality. his movies get buried by the hollywood machine and he's definitely worthy of at least partial blame since its happened twice just this year.
>>
No talent in general. He piggybacks off his dad's money and fame. There's a reason most spoon fed babbys don't end up amounting to anything.
>>
Max has the best scripts in film-making today!
You're all just HATERS that have never written a REAL screenplay!
Victor Frankenstein was my FAVORITE movie of the year, followed by American Ultra.
You guys just can't appreciate real rich storytelling when you see it!
>>
>>63253504
okay Max
>>
American Ultra was a fine film, if nothing particularly memorable. It pooled some great actors and knew what it wanted to do and how. Maybe it was too 90s, too goofy, too open and vulnerable for today's serious and guarded young people.
>>
>>63253095
The others have been reviewed though and they're terrible.
>>
Part of me hates him because he's jewish and the result of nepotism
Part of me likes him because someone in Hollywood isn't a giant a cvck
>>
File: 1418756150068.jpg (51 KB, 559x516) Image search: [Google]
1418756150068.jpg
51 KB, 559x516
>>63252078
>le CIA expression
>>
>>63254016
I wished they'd choose to make it a full comedy and leave the gritty stuff out. The gore was neat, though.
>>
>>63252392

Yes, because a studio sinks millions and millions of dollars into blockbusters because the screenwriter's father was a once famous and now essentially decrepit cult film director from the nineteen-eighties.

>"Boy, Producer Tim, this script sucks! Why would we ever make this! Ha ha!"
>"Well shucks, Producer Tom, the script is written by John 'I arguably Haven't Made a Good Film for at least Two Decades' Landis' son! Let's do that old knuckle-head a favor! To the bank we go! Ha ha ha!"

Retards.
>>
>>63252314
>nepotism

What is the word for when it really isn't nepotism but they only higher one religious background of people like Jewish?
>>
>>63255225
This, it constantly switched between action and comedy instead of blending them together.
>>
>>63256438
I couldn't stop comparing it to Super by James Gunn. He hit the tone American Ultra maybe tried also to hit much better.
>>
>>63256129
Hey Max
>>
>>63252945

He's rich as hell man
>>
>>63253091
underrated post
>>
>>63252921
Nap time, max. You're cranky.
>>
>>63254016
>film

Flick at best m8
>>
I read an interview with him that was like 30 pages long it was just him talking about he keeps getting his dick literally sucked by dozens of girls who think he will get them into movies and that this unfortunate trend has ruined his relationships including his ONE.TRUE.LOVE.
>>
>>63253091
Made me chuckle.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.