[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were one-liners just memes of the 80s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: AMTM 28F.png (900 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AMTM 28F.png
900 KB, 1280x720
Were one-liners just memes of the 80s?
>>
>>63246230

Yes today we dont need one liners cus the internet will make memes out of anything. But back then.............people still needed fresh memes and with only spread being word of mouth directors were forced to place them as one liners in their movies. This allowed the nerds to meme out the said one liners and thus market the movie.
>>
One liners come from John Wayne westerns. He was famous for being a tough guy who spoke very little and when he did it was witty putdowns or zingers.

Schwarzenegger being a HUGE cowboy/Wayne fan and obsessed with American films wanted to create his own mythical persona, so he addlibbed "I'll be back" for Terminator 1, and the rest is history.
>>
>>63246230
CONSIDA THAT A DIVOARCE
>>
STICK AROUND
>>
>>63246230
IF IT BLEEDS
>>
>>63246230
Critics will crucify any film attempting a one-liner nowadays.
>>
>>63246230
many Schwarzenegger movies has memorable one liners from other characters
re "I don't have time to bleed."
>>
IT'S YOUR KIDS, MARTY
>>
>>63246286
They actually forced Arnie to say "I'll be back". He didn't want to say it because he couldn't pronounce the "I'll" and needed a thousand takes until everyone was happy.
>>
memes are not fucking new or something that was invented by the internet you fucking millennial

you faggots just spout words without even knowing what they actually mean
>>
COOL PARTY
>>
>>63246286
but it isn't even a one liner in T1
>>
>>63248353
How do Austrians say I'll?
>>
>>63248437
Most certainly in a very degenerated way.
>>
>>63248437
ull
>>
File: TOTAL RECALL PREMIERE.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TOTAL RECALL PREMIERE.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>63246302
GONZIDDADADDADAVERSE
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.