[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actress dedication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: vincie.jpg (183 KB, 2880x1619) Image search: [Google]
vincie.jpg
183 KB, 2880x1619
My friend and I were having a discussion the other day after I'd just watched Mockingjay Part Deux.
He mentioned how, even though Jen Lawrence's character was supposed to be on the verge of starvation, she was quite well-nourished.
Then we talked about how a lot of male actors change their whole body type for a role. Christian Bale was practically a skeleton for The Machinist, but then he buffed up like a motherfucker for Batman.
We pooled our heads together to try to think of an example where an actress ever loss or gained a considerable amount of weight for a role. The only thing that came to mind was Charlize Theron getting slightly more muscular for Mad Max.

Anyways, are there any other examples of female actors taking their dedication for a role to the extremes?
>>
>>63242216
Charlize Theron for Monster
>>
>>63242216
Not really because woman like to do less and complain more.
>>
halle berry smiled i think once
>>
>>63242216
>He mentioned how, even though Jen Lawrence's character was supposed to be on the verge of starvation, she was quite well-nourished.

wait, wasn't she pampered in District 13 and meant to be a cute-looking symbol of the resistance?
>>
>>63242216
> Actress dedication
>Anyways, are there any other examples of female actors taking their dedication for a role to the extremes?

SO, YOU WANT INSTANCES OF DEDICATION, OR OF EXTREMISM?
>>
>>63242272
Not in the first movie. She even mentioned in the recent one how Peta saved her family by giving them a loaf of bread or something like that.
>>
>>63242241
This is always brought up and all she did was wear ugly makeup for one movie
>>
>>63242302

But she (and Christina Ricci) did have to gain weight for the role, which she had to lose later.
>>
Women don't take acting seriously because they don't take anything seriously. If you talk to any normal woman (obviously a few exceptions, but not many) even things they claim to be interested in they will end up knowing very little. This is because nature is inherently biased to females, their opinion is treated as equal because men want to fuck them.

The reason there isn't a female Robert DeNiro or Christian Bale? Because they become just as popular doing nothing. They don't have to be good, they just have to be a woman. Everyone else will do the rest.
>>
>>63242278
extreme dedication
>>
File: 000RQD_Jennifer_Connelly_047.jpg (43 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
000RQD_Jennifer_Connelly_047.jpg
43 KB, 852x480
So basically you want examples of women gaining or losing a bunch of weight for a role?
>>
>>63242241

i'd agree that this would be the furthest a woman has gone, and even then, a lot of it was makeup
>>
>>63242216
>dedication for a role to the extremes

>Linda Hamilton getting pretty jacked for Terminator 2.
Maybe now that would not be as shocking being everyone is expected to gym it up 24/7 but back in 1991? She went from looking like a waitress in the first film to looking like a battle hard female merc for the second.

>Portman cutting off her hair in V for Vendetta
Yeah yeah just a hair cut but for women that's huge. Few in holllywood would even do it.

>Hilary Swank training like a boxer for months for Million Dollar Baby
She's had a some pretty big swings as far as her looks from film to film to film

and honorable mention for Demi Moore in G.I. Jane.. She was already pretty buffed out coming off strip tease and she cut off all her hair... but again, it was not as big of a transformation for her. It would be like if Biel played the same sort of role now, she is already kind of a gym rat.

I'm not sure women are ever really asked to go for a huge change in their looks for a films. Do you really want to see a 225 pound Jessica Biel playing the role of a white trash wife or a 88 pound version of her playing a crack whore? Better to just go with tone down make up etc. 225 Jessica would also be out of work for over year. .
>>
Linda Hamilton in T2.
>>
>>63242302

nah m8, she got fat for it. There's was a scene where's she's standing in her underwear in a rest stop bathroom and it was pretty fucking horrifying. Can't jerk off to her anymore tbch
>>
>>63242766

Linda Hamilton was so dedicated to the role that she kept juicing until James Cameron said "Damn, Linda, I don't wanna fuck you anymore"
>>
>>63242278
stop using all caps, you retard
>>
>>63242649

I'm kind of mad that JC didn't even take off her bra and panties for the ass-to-ass scene.
>>
>>63242335
>Christina Ricci
For Black Snake Moan she got crazy skinny, living off sugar water and honey or something, but managed to keep her tits gloriously.
>>
File: fuck your shit.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
fuck your shit.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>63242874
>Movie is titled Black Snake Moan
>black guy chains up a slutty white girl to a radiator but never rapes her

most blatant case of false advertising since The Neverending Story.
>>
Rachel Dolezal
>>
>>63242216
depends on the actress, some don't even bother wearing a wig or dying their hair to fit the character. imho Jen Lawrence not being well nourished would have made her skills even more ridiculous. people on verge of starvation are not known for their physical power
>>
>>63242342
>they don't take anything seriously.
too true. thats why they don't get mens attachment to things and flippantly say "why not change it, whats the big deal its just X" there are also scary times when women seem serious about something but then like a flip of a switch they stop giving a fuck. one of my girlfrinds always had some ideas but never finished anything, she ones bought a whole set of wallpaper, it set in the corner for months till she realized she was not going to use it and returned it. she wanted to wash mattress wool, when she tried to cut mine I told her to start with hers, she cut it up but then the wool set there for 6 months till she finally got to it.
>>
http://www.newmedia-art.org/cgi-bin/show-oeu.asp?ID=ML000044&lg=GBR
Jung Chang, the narrator, arrives in a small Chinese village where she sets up a film camera to show the "Great Wall Walk". She reports that she wanted to produce a film about two foreigners, two lovers walking towards each other from opposite sides of the "dragon", image of the Chinese Wall, to meet, to find each other in the middle.

90 day Performance along the Chinese Wall from March to June 1988
>>
File: 556625_770_495.jpg (69 KB, 770x495) Image search: [Google]
556625_770_495.jpg
69 KB, 770x495
>>
>>63242216
Jared Leto for males
>>
File: 3768489382_936678ebb5.jpg (58 KB, 309x414) Image search: [Google]
3768489382_936678ebb5.jpg
58 KB, 309x414
>>
>>63243333
mariana abramovic isn't an actor though, she's a performance artist and she's done a lot of crazy stuff
>>
>>63242342

Its a feminine trait anything more and the female is behaving in a masculine fashion. You cant trust a masculine women.
>>
>>63242216
Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry
Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables
Renee Zellwegger in Bridget Jones Diary
>>
>>63242752
Natalie Portman also lost weight for Black Swan
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.