[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reeeeeeeee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Macbeth-movie-2015-first-look.jpg (190 KB, 630x945) Image search: [Google]
Macbeth-movie-2015-first-look.jpg
190 KB, 630x945
>movie is only getting played at theaters in big normalfag cities like Jew York
>i will never be able see this in the theater

for what fucking purpose? I wanted to see this in the god damn theater. What the fuck are the producer's problem?
>>
>>63233834
>>
Know how actors avoid saying the name of this play backstage? Do you think actors in the movie version are comfortable saying it on set?
>>
>>63233964
What?

>>63233834
Theaters suck anyway, dude. Watch it at home in bed with your dick out.
>>
>>63233964
I would bet that they did try to avoid saying it. Most actors in movies have also been actors on a stage and continuing those traditions probably gives them some "cred'. I don't know movie actors but the stage actors I know were pretty serious about their traditions.
>>
>want to see Macbeth
>not getting a wide release
>want to see It Follows
>didn't get a wide release
>want to see Anomalisa
>want to see Son of Saul
>want to see Tale of Tales
>want to see The Witch

The only films that play in theaters are The Night Before, Pan, Mockingjay Part 2, and The Man from Uncle. What the fuck, America.
>>
>normalfat cities
What the fuck!?

EDIT: normalfag cities*
>>
>>63234036
Stage actors are notoriously superstitious. From an anthropological perspective, this is likely because their jobs are so precarious and it's so easy to fuck up royally. It's like doing a movie in three long-ass scenes with one take each. Other situations where superstitions are prominent are among sailors (at least those who sail in high-risk situations) and professional athletes. Anything where a combination of performance and luck is likely to play a major role.

One theater superstition is that if you say "Macbeth" backstage at a play, the play will fuck up. This includes when doing Macbeth itself. As a result, many actors refer to it as "the Scottish play." I was curious if that superstition carries over to the movie.
>>63234140
Makes sense. Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>63234154
>want to see The Witch
Is it really going to be that hard to see? I want to see it in a theater because it looks cool and a big screen with loud audio would really help.
>>
File: 1448011809440.jpg (153 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1448011809440.jpg
153 KB, 645x1260
>>63233834
God damn it. Really? I thought the Weinstein Company was giving it a wide release here in the states.
>>
I loved it. It looked like a good modern Eisenstein's Ivan Groznyy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.