[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I guess he really isn't The Passion of the Christ. Really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: passion-scourging.jpg (85 KB, 1070x761) Image search: [Google]
passion-scourging.jpg
85 KB, 1070x761
>I guess he really isn't The Passion of the Christ.
Really? Jesus Christ.
>>
People accuse this movie of being overly gory, but that's actually what it looked like when the Romans wanted to fuck you up. They didn't play.
>>
Romans man. crucifixion was pretty fucking bad. they used to nail it through your wrists, not your hands, and your ankles, that way your weight wouldnt rip your limbs off. but you'd still feel the gravity of the situation.

you see what i did there.
>>
File: 1446495106558.gif (920 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1446495106558.gif
920 KB, 245x230
>>63233187
I get it, because watching Gravity is like being crucified
>>
I don't get why Christians think crucifixion was some special thing. It was a pretty standard execution method.

It would be like if you wore a necklace with an electric chair emblem on it because your messiah got fried.
>>
what would they wear if he had been castrated instead
>>
>>63233256
yeah but bullock is still good. you gotta understand.
>>
>>63233256
Top kek
>>
>>63233357
nothing
>>
>>63233357
everyone would be having sex around him while wearing penis hats.
>>
>>63233323
It was a standard execution method for criminals and scum. It's significant because the cross used to be such a vile and lowly symbol but it was transformed into a symbol of hope and eternal life.
>>
>>63233323
>OWWW_the_edge.jpg
>>
>>63233323
>>63233323
its because they basically crucified the king of the jews. at the jews command no less. the ultimate backstab of all time.
>>
>>63233487
Not even the king, the GOD of the Jews. Yahweh/the Lord is literally the national God of the Hebrew people. But when he showed up they fucking killed him.
>>
>>63233439
Kind of like what Hitler did with the swastika!
>>
>>63233533
king of the jews. ok. its even written in the tora that they would reject him and by doing so be cast out of god grace until such time as they make it up to him basically.
>>
>>63233080
Reddit tier garbage that panders to redditors and fedoras with "le epic" cinematography shots of pessimistic views on religion. The whole movie made me cringe with all the Reddit material that was incorporated in it.
>>
>>63233553
er no. crucifixion was the the cheapest worst way to die. only the scum got crucified, plebs were at least given a chance at the games or slavery.

the hitler giving every one symobols like yellow triagles for lesbians and punk triangles for gays and yellow star of davids for jews was so he could keep them in ghettos according to thier symbol.
>>
>>63233486
> if you don't understand the nuance of some foreign culture that means you're being edgy
>>
>>63233686
amazing use of the word reddit there dear.
>>
File: I just drive.jpg (93 KB, 792x435) Image search: [Google]
I just drive.jpg
93 KB, 792x435
>>63233256
>>
>>63233720
hello reddit
>>
>>63233702
at least the romans never pretended to be a religion of peace. at least hitler never pretended to not be a vegetarian mad man. at least they didn't hide behind the mask of nicety.
>>
>>63233730
hell reddit yourself!

im glas were all reddit here. feel good to be on reddit all the time.
>>
>>63233798
i like the bit when they are nailing him to the cross and he turns to the guard and says, the trick William potter is not minding that it hurts.
>>
Wouldn't someone die from shock right there if we're going by the severity of the purging shown in the movie?
>>
>>63233906

no, they're nailing it at the wrist. you'd die overtime while being nailed at the cross
>>
>>63233906
depends on the person. most people would. most.
>>
>>63234037
I'm talking about the purging i.e. the scene in the OP that was before crucifixion
>>
>>63234099

from what i've read its normal to die during flogging but in some cases they let the prisoner rest and they'd flog him again
>>
What if he was nailed to the cross upside-down? I saw a pic liked that, looked hilarious.

He would probably have died faster, right?
>>
>>63233760
If you knew anything about history you'd know that both factions had incredible propaganda machines behind them to make them look like heaven on earth. Most Europeans actually agreed with what Hitler was doing for Germany. He wasn't time person of the year for nothing. If anything Isis are much more brazen about their views.
>>
>>63234215
That's one of the atrocities committed during the Emu War
>>
>>63234156
usually the dead body was just hung up on the cross for display.

the fact he lived, for three days is what made him different.

whats worse is, usually the hands were bound by rope. the tow men aside him, apparently were thives. they were bound by rope for a week as punishment, if they survived they would be let go.

he was sill alive nailed to the cross and, and they were roped.
>>
>>63234235
calm down /pol/ i dont care about your shit.

im just saying, at least they were honest about what they did. they didnt pretend like they were good guys, they were just, no fuck this group of people we hate them kill them. not no serouly guys were a religion of peace we want peace, i know our book says to kill and lie but thats just a misunderstanding! honest!! religion of peace.. *knife in back* le ruse tricked.

i respect hitlers honesty, not what he did. he went after the jews and he did it openly. not like a coward hiding in the shadows.
>>
File: BSBR190602300[1].jpg (31 KB, 213x300) Image search: [Google]
BSBR190602300[1].jpg
31 KB, 213x300
>>63233080
Dr. Iscariot? I'm Roman Empire
>>
>>63234673
>TELL ME ABOUT JESUS! WHY DOES HE HEAL THE LEPERS?
>>
File: mel_gibson.jpg (3 MB, 2288x3000) Image search: [Google]
mel_gibson.jpg
3 MB, 2288x3000
>>63233080
>Using the Lord's name in vain

oven-dodging kike detected.
>>
>>63234430
You idiot that's the point I'm making. Hitler did pretend that he didn't have any interest in Europe beyond Germany. He did pretend that he didn't want to kill all Jews.

Propaganda has always been a cornerstone of any power wanting to dominate the world. Don't give Isis too much credit by implying the invented it.
>>
>>63233357
The first symbol was a fish and then a nice monogram made with the two first letters of "christ". The cross got popular because it's actually a pretty simple, generic symbol that was already present in a lot of non-christian iconographies.
>>
>>63234215
St. Peter explicitly asked to be crucified upside-down. Apparently he didn't consider any man to be worthy of dying like Jesus did.
>>
File: tumblr_m0sllu72SF1r45xwlo1_500.gif (451 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0sllu72SF1r45xwlo1_500.gif
451 KB, 500x375
>>63233187
>>63233125
>le romans were so cruel meme

The romans were fucking Humanitarians compared to jews.

This is what the Jews used to do to the Romans during their rebellions:
>"'Meanwhile the Jews in the region of Cyrene had put one Andreas at their head and were destroying both the Romans and the Greeks. They would cook their flesh, make belts for themselves of their entrails, anoint themselves with their blood, and wear their skins for clothing. Many they sawed in two, from the head downwards. Others they would give to wild beasts and force still others to fight as gladiators. In all, consequently, two hundred and twenty thousand perished. In Egypt, also, they performed many similar deeds, and in Cyprus under the leadership of Artemio. There, likewise, two hundred and forty thousand perished. For this reason no Jew may set foot in that land, but even if one of them is driven upon the island by force of the wind, he is put to death. Various persons took part in subduing these Jews, one being Lusius, who was sent by Trajan."

This anti-Romanism is sickening. Fuck this thread.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.