[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: god tier performances Daniel-Day Lewis as Daniel Plainview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 618x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 618x435
ITT: god tier performances

Daniel-Day Lewis as Daniel Plainview
>>
>>63232024
No just a meme actor overacting.
>>
This is a great parody of the type of thread a /v/edditor would start.

I'll continue the bait by saying Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.
>>
>>63232055
Suggest a better one?
>>
File: Classic.gif (3 MB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
Classic.gif
3 MB, 600x250
Paul Dano as Paul and Eli Sunday
>>
For a child actor, Dakota Fanning was amazing in Man on Fire.
>>
>>63232024

good call

Robert De Niro - Raging Bull and King of Comedy
Marlon Brando - Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront
Gena Rowland - A Woman Under the Influence
Liv Ullman - Autumn Sonata (and all her other Bergman performances really)
Naomi Watts - Mulholland Dr
>>
>Daniel "I'M ACTING!" Day-Lewis
>Daniel "Why don't you try acting, dear boy?" Day-Lewis
>>
>>63232128
DONT BULLY ME DANIEL
>>
>>63232128
This
>>
>>63232024
>Le i drink ur le milkshake xD wtffffffff so randumbbb
>"i hate everyone Xdd" wOahOAHOOOO BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THIS BADASS HEE HEE HO HA HO HA !!
>"I ABANDONED MY LE SON!!" Whoaa AMAZING le actor no one c0uld pull that off AMA FOR HIM UPVOTEZZZZ !!!!
>DUDE DOWNWARD SPIRAL LMAO

Literal pleb trash
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 720x540
Jenny McCarthy as someone who doesn't want children to die from preventable diseases.
>>
I came to the realization that There Will Be Blood is the reddit/Gangam Style of movies the last time I watched it. You can just picture all the redditors around you cheering along to the meme cinematography moments like that steadicam shot with the car and all the meme acting while they're dancing around the room making upvote noises.
>>
>>63232275
It's up there with Boogie Nights and Magnolia as Anderson's best.
>>
>>63232142
No Don Corleone?
>>
>nothing happens, no story
>daniel day lewis meme performance
>there's no way to know eli and paul aren't the same person

pleb tier-trash
>>
>>63232318
Punch Drunk Love is good. Inherent Vice is watchable. The rest is IMDB sensibility gutter trash for the adolescent cinematic mind.

Boogie Nights is more akin to a capeshit video game than a piece of cinema. It's a Tarantino level "film buff" memeplay.
>>
>>63232358

I don't really like The Godfather. It's a pretty good performance though but I like the two I mentioned a lot more.
>>
>>63232024
method acting is for plebs who can't actually act
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>63232387
>>
>>63232024
Great movie.
>>
why did he kill the priest in the end no need 2bh
>>
>>63232458
This is the man who is impressed by Boogie Nights. He'd even single out the firecracker scene as being a "GOAT scene".

PTA is on the second rung of IMDB fedora champions right there beneath Nolanfinchertino.
>>
>>63232542

be fair, even though Boogie Nights is a very mediocre to bad movie the firecracker scene is probably the best scene in the movie
>>
>>63232217
OK, guys, he's one of us.
>>
>>63232068
I don't get it. Jake played Lou very well in Nightcrawler.
>>
>>63232628
And you play video games as an adult . So what does that tell us?
>>
>>63232024
daniel-meme lewis
>>
>>63232645
What makes you think I play video games? I quit that a long time ago.
>>
>>63232727
The appreciation of IMDB sensibility media goes hand in hand with the consumption of degenerate manchild product more often than not.
>>
>>63232645
>people on 4chan still try to act superior over others
>>
>>63232128
Underrated post
>>
File: 1434899407471.jpg (41 KB, 616x396) Image search: [Google]
1434899407471.jpg
41 KB, 616x396
>>
>>63232024
Gary Lewis as the dad in Billy Elliot is phenomenal. I'm amazed he's been in barely anything else because that performance honestly blows me away

Also Stephen Graham in This is England is also very memorable
>>
DeNiro and Walken in The Deerhunter.
>>
File: swearengen.jpg (45 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
swearengen.jpg
45 KB, 506x316
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.