[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I start watching the walking dead? been out of the tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: nowayjose.jpg (16 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
nowayjose.jpg
16 KB, 480x272
Should I start watching the walking dead?
been out of the tv show game for a while
what's a good tv series now a days? fuck GoT
also not sure if i want to support AMCancer
>>
Watch season 1 then give it up
>>
>>63223475
pretty much this desu senpai
>>
>>63223439
ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT
>>
>>63223439
Well if you liek the zombie theme its passable.
But there are some lazy writings and shit

Also check out fear the walking dead
>>
>>63223439

The pilot is good, the first season is not too bad altogether.

But then it just gets worse and worse...
>>
>>63223475
I watched half of season one with my friends way back
a lot of the people i know praise it all the time
does it really get so bad? these people usually have decent film taste
>>
Yes. Watch seasons 1, 2, 3, and half of 4. Once the prison story line is wrapped up you can check out if you'd like. It's all downhill from there.
>>
>>63223439
Fargo is literally our generations Breaking Bad
>>
>>63223577
Season one was pretty great, there is many reasons why it dropped in quality, I wouldnt call it shit, just mediocre.

And you can find better shows worth your time, the only reason I still watch it is because I read the comic and already put 5 season of my time into it.
>>
>>63223693
what
>>
>>63223568
YOU A SHIT
A SHIT
>>
>>63224910
what m8
>>
>>63225017
A SHIT
A SHIT
I LOVE
TWD
>>
No. It's shit but I'm still watching it. Don't do this. It'll consume your soul.
>>
>>63223439
Im watching it since the beginning and I intend to continue but if I had a choice to wipe my memory and start watching it again I wouldnt do it.
>>
>>63225259
>>63225372
is it at least so bad i can laugh at it?
>>
>>63225460
No its kind of just mediocre, not really on to bad its good level. Tbh at this point I am just watching it for the sake of it.
>>
>>63223623
Although three's bad yeah pretty much, although the rest of 4 is okay and the last half of 5 is good. Is not worth. They introduce too many awful characters. Way over half the characters in the show currently are super boring and generic. The worse offender in my opinion Tara, not only boring, annoying and adds nothing but a bad actor too.
>>
>>63225575
sounds good to me
ill drop twin peaks for twd tb,h
>>
>>63225460
No it's just boring with a decent episode 10% of the time so you keep on watching and hoping it's not shit, but its always shit and you just feel disappointed and retarded for watching such a bad show
>>
>>63226177
You are retarded if you do that.
>>
twin peaks had more "so bad that good" episodes than twd
>>
>>63226295
how?
TP is boring me
if TWD can enterain me even if its bad and i can shitpost about it with the 4chan guys then why shouldnt i
>>
>>63226508
I guess... when you look at it that way
>>
>>63226508
If TP is boring you then TWD and other slow burn patrician shows aren't for you.
>>
>>63223577
It has its ups and downs but the downs are really shit. Not worth the investment. I've almost bailed numerous times.
>>
>>63226532
>>63226605

tp is only good for that one hot chick with the mole tb,h
>>
>>63226220
This desu. It was turning to shot then they pumped all the breaking bad money into season 4. Got better then last half of 4 turned to shit and never recovered.
>>
>>63226508
If you don't like TP on some level you're a pleb. Some shows are milestones.
>>
>>63223439

>fuck GoT
>wants to start The Walking Dead...
>fuck OP
>>
>>63226761
GoT is shite
yiff in hell
>>
>>63226792

GoT is the best TV show ever.
>>
>>63226870
No it's no where near that, but it's a decent watch. However I'd say that TWD's great episodes are better than GOT's great episodes. But their worst episodes are far worse than GOT's
>>
>>63223693
It's much better and I loved breaking bad.
>>
>>63226947
im watching TWD right now, watching TP too
just finished season 1 of TP and now just want to take a break, turn my brain off and absorb mediocrity
i pretty much treat twd as a podcast to be honda famry
>>
>>63226947

Dear Jesus. I don't want to sit here for two hours typing up a list of reasons why that is the dumbest post I have ever read ever...
>>
>>63223439
No. turn 360 degrees and walk away. and fast.
>>
>>63227169
Do it faggot. prove me wrong.
>>
>>63227169
kill urself
TWD>GOT
>>
>>63227225

The Walking Dead will take episode upon episode to move toward ANYTHING - you can literally watch a seasons amount of episodes and the closest thing you will get to anything zombie-ish is the title card between the ad breaks.

GoT doesn't fuck about. End of.
>>
>>63227322
GoT is awful to anybody with half a brain
>>
>>63227322
Yeah but I still feel my comment stands true. Also GOT has many story lines and some that are so boring and some that are so unnecessary and unengaging.
>>
>>63223577
Season 2 is the worst piece of television to exist, but it slowly picks up from season 3 and on.
>>
>>63227466
Lol pleb opinion desu. S2 needed to get rid of the well walker episode all together and fix loris storyline but other than that its pre good.
>>
>>63227503
have you ever seen a certain youtube reviewer
hes pretty insightful and always brings up good points
you may have bheard of him
y'know
!YMS!
>>
>>63227466
also season three is trash, only the first half of season 4 is good and the last half of season five. season six has been utter trash so far. There is no way in hell season 6 is better than season 2. If you honestly believe this you are maximum pleb.
>>
Im genuinely surprised anyone can handle Walking Dead anymore, acting is generally mediocre bar a few exceptions, production value is B-Movie tier and the random appearing zombie thing has been going on so long its absurd

Food for plebs
>>
>>63227545
can you start a walking dead thread when i'm all caught up?
ill email you
>>
>>63227517
>Blindly following YMS.
He makes valid points on the behind the scenes stuff that happened and less on the actually story elements and then nitpicks camera techniques and stuff. How old are you f a m?
>>
>>63227573
what the fuck else am i going to watch ya dickhead
>>
>>63227575
Are you serious or having a go? Why lol?
>>
>>63227590
what the fuck was wrong about the story that he said dipshit
god damn you're like a kid in high school
blindly liking the waking alive
its so stupid
its so stupid
watch a GOOD show
>>
>>63227608
Fargo? Boardwalk Empire? The Wire? Better Call Saul? I hear Ray Donovan's good.
>>
>>63227638
To clear things up for you. I don't like the walking dead, I do watch it tho. I watch many shows, some good and some bad. However Season two is not bad and not great. It is good.

>what the fuck was wrong about the story that he said dipshit
What are you even trying to say? That's not a coherent sentence.

You seem more like the high school kid. Barely making valid points and yelling at me. You definitely under 18 right? It's really obvious.
>>
>>63227466
>>63227545
Season 2 was utter shite, pacing was off and lori was acting like a fucking retard. And that fucking well episode was cancer.
>>
File: s3e1.png (1 MB, 1507x688) Image search: [Google]
s3e1.png
1 MB, 1507x688
alright /tv/ you convinced me so im starting TWD right where I left off
there's nothing else to watch anyway, GoT and Mr Robot aren't back yet and you can only watch so many "patrician" films

>how do they know how big the horde is
>how do they know its exact position and movements
>how do they know where zombies are and zombies aren't
>where the fuck is the gasoline coming from, korean massive fucking crossover vehicles aren't exactly known for being gas efficient
>why does it feel like people are responding either unnaturally quickly to someone or unnaturally slowly
>>
>>63227608
You say that while Fargo season 2 is running? Fucking pleb.
>>
>>63227656
>fargo
i finished season 1 and now i'm lost I have no idea where to start or how many seasons there are now
>boardwalk empire
is that on netflix?
>the wire
kek
>saul
i didnt even finish breaking bad
>>
>>63227780
>GoT
>Mr Robot
>patrician
>>
>>63227828
GOOGLE USE IT
>>
>>63227833
i never said they were
>>
>>63227780

Are they even trying to pretend guns have recoil anymore
>>
>>63227828
Finish Breaking Bad. It's decent.
>>
>>63227950
>finish breaking bad
i dont have the attention span to be honest
which is kind of weird
i dunno breaking bad just didnt grab me
>>
>>63227976
Try Saul without Breaking Bad desu. It doesn't spoil anything and I honestly think its better.
>>
>>63227780
gosh i really hope watching a show on netflix doesn't positively contribute to amc in anyway
>>
>>63228068
How about you show me a REAL MOVIE
LIKE CHINATOWN
EVA HEARD OF IT?
>>
>>63228368
DUMB
AYSSSS
>>
>>63223439
watch Z nation, its way more entertaining
>>
>>63223439
I don't think I've ever seen a show have a bigger quality drop from it's pilot
>>
>>63230252
twin peaks
>>
>>63223577
Not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, i guess that's just because it's the worst of the "big name" TV shows.

A lot of stupid logic though.
>>
>>63227608
The average /tv/irgin everyone
>>
>>63230396
whate'er ya putz
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.