[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much is Ridley Scott gonna fuck up a great franchise that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: aliencovenant-logo2.jpg (25 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
aliencovenant-logo2.jpg
25 KB, 700x460
So how much is Ridley Scott gonna fuck up a great franchise that he helped create?
>>
>>63214156

Nothing can be worse than Alien 3 or resurrection
>>
>>63214156
He won't and he hasn't

>inb4 Prometheus ruined muh lore!!!

>>63214177
This, whiner.
>>
File: alien-return_3204778b.jpg (112 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
alien-return_3204778b.jpg
112 KB, 620x387
>>63214177

Alien 3 was the great final part of the Ripley story arc trilogy.

Fuck Resurrection. I consider it fanfiction non-canon fun.

Prometheus on the other hand I will reserve final judgement if this sequel 'fixes' it.
>>
File: alien-tn2_aliens_4.jpg (24 KB, 480x316) Image search: [Google]
alien-tn2_aliens_4.jpg
24 KB, 480x316
>mfw it turns out that the Space Jockey in Alien is actually David or Shaw.
>>
>>63214156
Badly, if it's as lame as The Martian and Prometheus, which it's going to be
>>
>>63214156
I don't know but I'll watch it anyway
>>
So, is the Neill Blomkamp movie definitely not coming out? I had hopes
>>
>>63215029
Haha no
>>
>>63215006
>So, is the Neill Blomkamp movie definitely not coming out? I had hopes

It's on hold until Ridley has finished his Prometheus quadrology/trilogy
>>
>>63214156
prometheus was a legit good movie that aspies misunderstood so i have no fears about the next one
>>
File: 1358176992793.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1358176992793.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>A fucking game studio managed to make a better sequel than any of the retards that have tried since Aliens
>>
>>63215029
Everything after Alien is Ridleys dreams in hypersleep.
>>
>>63215183

0/10 senpai
>>
>>63215029
Denial much. I don't blame you. That's how bad Aliens 3,4, and Prometheus are. Alien was raped, you witnessed it, and now you can't remember.. Because remembering would make it real again.
>>
>>63215277
nice south park meme bro. keep on memeing
>>
>>63215227
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
>>
>>63214240
>Alien 3 was the great final part of the Ripley story arc trilogy.

No, it destroyed the franchise by being a pathetic retread of the first movie.

Even David Fincher hates it.
>>
File: LOL.png (416 KB, 511x663) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
416 KB, 511x663
>>63217167
>>63215227
>/v/
>>
>>63215227
I feel the same way about the Batman franchise vs nolanverse
>>
Can we talk about how miserable Prometheus was?
>>
>According to Screen Daily's report, he is described as a "lone survivor of the ill-fated Prometheus expedition," which doesn't bode well for Dr. Shaw. Additionally, Fassbender will be playing two roles in the film, but it's unclear if the other role will be another android, an original, or some other form of doppelgänger.

Scott is a fucking genius and this will save the movie. Imagien the two Davids plotting against each other in their very special ways.
>>
>>63217218
But every Alien movie is a re-make of the first movie.

Aliens is Alien 1 with space marines.
Alien 3 is Alien 1 with prisoners.
Alien Resurrection is Joss Whedon's Alien 1.
>>
>>63217422
It WAS miserable!
>>
>>63217422
It's one of the best sci-fi movies of the 3rd millennium desu senpai
>>
>>63215183
This bait could be better, anon
>>
>>63218874
This pretty much sums it up
>>
>>63214194
It didn't, but Prometheus definitely ruins the Engineers.
I even really like them being weird powersuit monsters (fits with the biomechanical look of the xenomorphs), just sucks they were tall humans.

And it seems like the the xenomorph is an accident that humans helped created, that's stupid.
>>
Alien is the best in the franchise.
Aliens is action shit.
Alien 3 sucks.

That being said I'd probably rather rewatch the special edition of Alien 3 than Aliens (either version) again.
>>
File: 1431864645404.png (135 KB, 1032x1023) Image search: [Google]
1431864645404.png
135 KB, 1032x1023
>>63214240
>>63220520
Inevitably fans of 3 will shit on 4 and fans of 4 will shit on three. It's the two weaklings at the lunch table bullying eachother to feel tough.
>>
File: Alien Mural.jpg (211 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
Alien Mural.jpg
211 KB, 1600x960
>>63220805
>it seems like the the xenomorph is an accident that humans helped created
Think so?
>>
>>63214156
Ridley Scott is expertly adapting to the ever-changing film industry climate, resurrecting his greatest achievement, enhancing it, multiplying it. He has become a xenomorph himself, surviving any way he can. He is one of the greatest filmmakers of all time.
>>
>>63220805
>an accident that humans helped create
>implying each "breed" of xenomorph doesn't share traits with its respective host
>implying the series hasn't been about the effect of the parents on a child since the first movie

/tv/ is as bad as Ebert when it comes to understanding movies.
>>
>>63220805
>>63220946
I keep reading comments about how the Engineers wanted to create xenomorph-like monsters using the humans as the hosts.
But I get the impresion that they actually wanted to avoid it. Like while this black goo can be used to create life, it can also create these monsters if not used responsibly, and that mural was a warning to this.
So when the humans proved unworthy somehow, the engineers decided to exterminate the humans before they managed to create monsters themselves and things got out of control, but something happened and all the engineers got infected with the black goo, and only one survived in that chamber.
By the time he woke up the humans had already come and messed up with the goo causing the creation of the "Deacon" the Engineers were trying to avoid.

There is also some clear differences between the "spiritual" Engineer from the begining and the more "militaristic" ones afterwards. Ridley Scott said the planet at the end wasn't necessarily Earth.
I like to see the movie as the Engineer's fall from grace.

I don't think the Deacon seen in Prometheus is the "father" of the aliens seen in Alien. I get the impression the Aliens were a sepparete even caused a long time before. But we'll see.

Thoughts?
>>
>>63222255
>Ridley Scott said the planet at the end wasn't necessarily Earth.
I meant the planet at the begining.
Also that their circlar spaceship was supposed to look more "primitive" than the classic derelict one.
>>
>Great Franchise

One good movie. One decent flick. That's about it.
>>
>>63222465
Also one great videogame:
https://youtu.be/_G1r4IaDb7g
>>
>>63222627
>games
>art
>>
>>63214156
>So how much is Ridley Scott gonna fuck up a great franchise that he helped create?

If it's anything like Prometheus, it's going to be pretty fucking terrible, it'll be competing with George Lucas and Star Wars as far as people who came back to fuck their own masterpieces up.
>>
I don't get this anti-Scott revisionism.
>>
Now that there is an explicit tie-in to the Alien franchise with the Prometheus sequel title are they going to explain why the original Space Jockey was way bigger, had eggs rather than jars, and had apparently been sitting around even longer in the same solar system the other Engineers were found in? Because Prometheus as a prequel fucks up the original Alien movie so much.
>>
>>63223286
>had apparently been sitting around even longer in the same solar system the other Engineers were found in
based on what?
>>
>>63223393

The Nostromo crew noticed the Space Jockey looked fossilized in the original Alien film.

I don't recall the Prometheus crew noting the Engineers they found looking fossilized.
>>
>>63223286
I expect them to leave the original Alien alone.
The changes from "Alien: Engineers" to "Prometheus" could be seen as avoiding doing an Alien prequel and instead going in a different direction (even if doing a movie somewhat related to Alien is still profitable).
>>
>>63215183

Damon please
>>
>>63223561
The ship in Alien was broken open, while I think the ship in Prometheus was still sealed, was it? Not closing the refrigerator isn't going to preserve the food as well.
I was wondering if there was any confirmed age difference between the two, via carbon dating or some such method. If the details aren't concrete like the misuse of "parasecs" then they can be brushed aside without the need for a wink and nod.

I don't mean to cover for Scott too heavily. I have no doubt there are discrepancies between the two, but I'm skeptical that it's anything significant.
>>
>>63215183
I agree tho I'm still somewhat worried about the next.
>>
File: Alien_resurrection_ver3.png (920 KB, 936x1259) Image search: [Google]
Alien_resurrection_ver3.png
920 KB, 936x1259
>Resurrection
>>
>>63214319
fucking nailed it m8, spot on
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.