[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ninth Gate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ninth gate.jpg (54 KB, 580x877) Image search: [Google]
ninth gate.jpg
54 KB, 580x877
Why is this film so good /tv/?
>>
DUDE DEMONS LMAO
>>
>>63214109
>DUDE REDDIT LMAO

fuck off, why the fuck would you post that in a blank thread?
>>
>>63214101
cause it doesn't answer everything. A rare thing these days.
Though Johnny Depp was not very good in this...or maybe his character was not rich enough.
Also i don't really like the ending.
>>
>>63214191
>cause it doesn't answer everything.
This. There was such a mysterious atmosphere throughout the whole thing.
>>
File: 6345645.jpg (38 KB, 605x379) Image search: [Google]
6345645.jpg
38 KB, 605x379
Because it had this qt in it.
>>
>>63214232
Having read the book, i can tell Polanski really had a vision in this. It's written well, but the end is more simple in the book.
>>
>>63214279
I've seen the movie but haven't read the book. How does the book end?
>>
It's like some edgy 14 year old tried to make a grimdark Eyes Wide Shut.
>>
>>63214301
poor bait friend
>>
>>63214267
Reminder she's married with Polanski
>>
>>63214292
It ends with him discovering who wrote the original book he was looking for, and which are the fake and real drawings.
>>
>>63214101
The correct question would be:
>Why is this film so shit?

The right answer would be:
>Pedolanski
>>
File: 1439105719870.jpg (28 KB, 680x468) Image search: [Google]
1439105719870.jpg
28 KB, 680x468
>tfw you will never have sex with a literal semen demon
>>
"Don't fuck with me!"
"I thought I already did"

REKT
>>
Saw this in the cinema when it was released.
That fucking opening sequence on a huge screen. Just sitting there in the dark in a massive room floating through gates to ominous music.
One of the few times I really appreciated the whole "you need to see it on the big screen" argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VHyMX2rak
>>
>>63214101
Because it's comfy as fuck with all those old books and antique stores.
>>
>>63214101
>You will never wander around Europe smoking cigerattes and living a cultured, adventurous life
>>
>>63216063
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VHyMX2rak

Those comments, holy shit...

>Entertaining movie. I like the fact that nearly all the Satanic characters come to a bad end. Too bad the girl, Emmanuel Seigner, is married to rat-faced Jew, Roman Polanski. He is a real Satanist. His wife probably is too. All the weird flics Johnny Depp plays in, makes me wonder about him, as well.

>Because of all the jews who made this movie. It's like you're getting slapped in the face with the words flying by you, jew name after jew after jew. Christ on his throne, hollywood is full of em they control hollywood and manipulation and lies. They control the media but the Jesuits are behind it all and the Luciferian freemasons control the laws protecting the rich, same with the military/police, they're only here to protect the investments for the rich. It's Obey and survive. Protect and serve was never the case. The ninth gate is hell and they all believe in satan or EL or Baphomet whatever. It's a luciferian psyop agenda created 4000 years ago and picked up 1425 and still continues to this day. We are so fucked if we don't do anything 50 years ago.
>>
This is one of the movies i always h a v e t o keep watching when it's on tv, great atmosphere and pace, also that scene when the girl is floating down the steps at the Seine always gives me chills.
>>
File: b88.jpg (35 KB, 602x755) Image search: [Google]
b88.jpg
35 KB, 602x755
>>63216123
level of coolness i'll never reach
>>
I have no idea why it's so comfy.

The music is nice, the plot is interesting, the setting is nice.

I can rewatch it forever. There's just... something that it has.
>>
>>63217023
literally one of the comfiest films ever
>>
>>63214101

It's comfy, has the distinctive Polanski-kind of characters, but overall it's not a good film.
>>
>>63217023
>I have no idea why it's so comfy.

Because it's set in Europe.
>>
so at the end he entered the ninth gate? Who was the chick than, a demon?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.