[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARTHOUSE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What's your:
>Favourite Arthouse Film:
>Favourite Arthouse Director:
>Your Favourite scene in an Arthouse film:
>Objectively the best Arthouse film of all time?:
>>
I'll get things going,
>Favourite Arthouse Film
Spirit of The Beehive
Godard
The final scene in The 400 Blows
Probably Stalker
>>
The Mirror
Oshii
Gosling fighting God
Amadeus, Stalker or Mulholland Drive
>>
>>63212931
Werckmeister harmonies
Bella Tarr
The hospital scene in werckmeister
Andrej Rublow
>>
>>63212931

What do you guys consider arthouse? Mumblecore? Stuff that mostly only plays at film circuits? A certain budgetary cutoff? Avante-garde? There's a lot of variables and conflicting definitions.

Anyway...

>Favourite Arthouse Film

Il Postino

>Favourite Arthouse Director

Vinterberg

>Your Favourite scene in an Arthouse film

Life after death in Enter the Void

>Objectively the best Arthouse film of all time?

Unfair question.
>>
File: hardtobe6.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hardtobe6.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
>>63213230
I would also like to add
>best arthouse film of the year
Hard to be a God
>>
>>63213336

Is it really that good? I have a lot of arthouse I still need to watch for this year. Have you seen any of the others listed below?

Rams
The Invitation
Southbound
Jauja
Horse Money
La Sapienza
In the Shadow of Women
Mountains May Depart
10,000 Saints
Enas Allos Kosmos
Évolution
The Club
Ladrones
Enklava
Difret
Trash
The Dressmaker
Phoenix
Manglehorn
Dancing Arabs
Plemya/The Tribe
Tangerines
Tangerine
Louder Than Bombs
Experimenter
The Final Girls
Little Boy
Mistress America
Spring
Victoria
Green Room
Cemetary of Splendour
Sunset Song
Desierto
Truth
Dheepan
Room
Entertainment
Clouds of Sils Maria
Wild Tales
Partisan
Land and Shade
Too Late
The Wonders
>>
Arthouse = What's played at arthouse theatre

Shit categorization OP, take your head out of your ass. you probably don't know as much as you think you do

"Arthouse directors" aren't a thing. Bergman was given wide release in 1960s Sweden now he's in arthouses. I went to a Scorcese retrospective at an arthouse yet you'd probably chew someone out for calling Goodfellas an "arthouse movie" (even though they screen it at arthouses)

Basically take your dick out of your ass before trying to discuss film. What did you hope to achieve from this thread? I hope you don't classify movies as Color VS Black and White or Foreign VS English ....
>>
>>63213440

nigga control your autism 4real
>>
>>63212931
>Favourite Arthouse Film:
pass - we don't have all night.
Bergman
Either:
A. Dancing Scene in Through a Glass Darkly
B. The never ending party scene in Ulysses Gaze

bait question. If I had to say Archetypal then it'd probably be something like Persona or Mirror
>>
>>63213390
Victoria was awesome.
That 2.5 houre longtake was very
intense.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.