[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War aka 2nd Amendment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: CaptainAmericaScreenCrush.jpg (163 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
CaptainAmericaScreenCrush.jpg
163 KB, 1080x720
I suspect that CA: Civil War will be an analogy to the 2nd Amendment debate. Super-humans are like normal humans but with varying degrees of powerful guns.

If you are for stricter gun control, than you are with Tony Stark; for gun rights, than Captain America.

I'd like to know what you all think about Civil War in the context of a 2nd Amendment/ gun control debate?
>>
>>63207027
Can you please fuck off.
>>
I think it's about abortion right. If you're against you're with Cap , if you're ok with it, you're with Stark.

It is known that Stark phuck a
a lot girls compare to cap he doesn't want to have hundred of hidden babies.
>>
the only resemblance to the word "analogy" that these marvel flicks carry is hydra being as fascist and le super evil as nazis were except oh wait hydra is literally just an fictional extension of nazis
>>
Super hero movies have always had political meaning behind it. X Men is about people discrimination of people who are mentally ill/gay/whatever for example.

Of course its about gun control, but the thing about it is that its not a very good discussion.
>>
File: 1307892902001.jpg (74 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1307892902001.jpg
74 KB, 680x497
>be american
>get shot
>>
Its literally about the fucking patriot act that was passed after 9/11

Where if the government thought you were suspicious could lock you up or detain you with no real probable cause
>>
>>63207027

It's the reason I'm team Stark even tho I like Cap better. Regular people with guns is bad enough.

Plus you have to consider international boundaries.
>>
>>63207266
>Its literally about the fucking patriot act that was passed after 9/11

That was Winter Soldier.
>>
it's clearly about immigration you dumbkucks
>>
>>63207169

Your picture is all wrong. When you go to In-n-Out you get a 4x4 with grilled onions, animal fries and a neapolitan shake.
>>
>>63207338
Holy shit are you me
>>
File: brice of freedom.png (425 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
brice of freedom.png
425 KB, 1100x733
>>63207169
>be european
>beg for your life like a bitch instead of fighting back
>>
If you want to discuss the 2nd Amendment discuss it, don't use your capeshit subtext bullshit as an excuse to do it.
>>
>>63207169
FUCK YOU
>>
>>63207338
>neapolitan shake

fuck will they do this? do they layer it or blend it all together?
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>63207027
D R O P P E D
>>
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

- U.S. Bill of Rights, Amendment II
>>
>>63207801
100% manlet
>>
Why is tony for government control and captain is not? Seems like it would be the opposite
>>
>>63207762
They layer it, next time you're their ask for it, it's awesome.
>>
>>63207762

They layer it, it's pretty great. Also since it's really thick they stay pretty seperated.
>>
>>63207920

Because Cap doesn't represent America as what it is, rather, what it should be.
>>
>>63207920
Cap has seen that blindly following the government (SHIELD being invaded by Hydra) isn't the smartest thing to do, so he feels like the safest hands to protect the world are his own. He doesn't want to take orders anymore because he feels he can't trust anyone to tell him what is right anymore.
Tony, after seeing how much of a fuccboi he can be when he doesn't have anyone looking over his own shoulder (him making Ultron), now believes the government knows best.
>>
>>63207801
Isn't he staunchly right wing though?
>>
>>63207338
Because everyone lives in CA (hint: this is why you're an uptalking limp-wristed faggot)
>>
>>63208272
>Because everyone lives in CA
Not the guy you replied to, but I live in North Texas and there are like 20 of these restaurants around here.
>>
File: 44811847871.png (314 KB, 758x388) Image search: [Google]
44811847871.png
314 KB, 758x388
SAVE ME THOR!
>>
File: Goal Body.jpg (41 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Goal Body.jpg
41 KB, 720x544
Isn't this just the Mutant Registration Act and Cap is playing Professor X?
>>
Only shortsighted cowards who value their precious fee-fees over fact want an "authority" to run their lives and the lives of others.
>>
>implying pop cultural texts cannot be polysemic

Can you fucks please just enjoy the movie?
>>
>>63209924

Part of enjoying the movie is being intrigued and enlightened by a moral/ethical dilemma taking part within the plot of said film. Any moral/ethical dilemma will be most effective when it is relatable within a real life context.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.