[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: js-tease-1.jpg (35 KB, 518x768) Image search: [Google]
js-tease-1.jpg
35 KB, 518x768
So can we get hype now guys? With all the news it sounds a lot better than season 5.
>Snowbowl
>CleganeBowl
>Jaime in the riverlands
>Arya doing shit
>Pirates
>More Jorah
>Tower of Joy
>No Aegon
>Stannis confirmed dead
>Sams family and oldtown
On a serious note can we have hope for a better season?
>>
>>63199878
>dat cover with Jon Snow

Jon Snow confirmed for Targaryen blood
>>
>>63199878

If Stannis is confirmed dead I just lost interest. It's going to be magical fairies and zombies from now on.
>>
>>63199878
>No Aegon
>Good

for shame.

Also anybody seen that report that White walkers are at Riverrun filming? Crazy shit man
>>
>>63200003

Also there should be less Jorah, not more. He's a twat.
>>
>can't see his eyes
Snow Wight confirmed
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-09-02-29-21.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-09-02-29-21.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>63200041
>not liking based bear mode Jorah
He's the only redeeming quality of mereen. I think you mean less grey worm. Miss Andi can stay she's muh waifu
>>
i miss endlessly shitposting in /got/
>>
>>63200063
We can only fucking hope if he just comes back and is just as he was before it will be cliche as fuck
>>
>>63200745
He will probably be more pragmatic and harsh
>>
What if Stannis's ghost possess Jon?
>>
I would like to see Arya take a shit. Keen as
>>
>>63199878
It's not only Jaime in the Riverlands. We0re getting Radmure back.

And I bet we will see Theon and Yara reeking some dudes in the isles by the end of the series.
>>
Why was /got/ kill? The last season made me lose so much interest in GoT that I even stopped looking for it here, so I never noticed when it stopped being a thing.

Is it just because between seasons there's no material to discuss and it's just shitposting (and when it starts again they'll be tolerated for containment), or is it just gone now and the jannies won't let it be a thing again? Dr Who is allowed a general, so it can't just be 'no generals allowed'.

I kind of miss discussion of the books (and even the show if I'm honest), and TWoW might apparently come out as early as next year.
>>
>>63200561
I remember having /got/ v /got/ battles during season 4. Stannisfags and Jonfags were always trying to overtake each other's general and get it deleted.

Good times. Didn't come here during season 5 since that season had so little hype, what was it like?
>>
>>63199878
All that sounds about right, except when was Stannis confirmed dead? I missed that leak.
>>
>>63202581
/cock merchant general/
>>
Since we have no hope for TWOW should I just pick this back up? Dropped since season 4.
>>
>>63202581

Mostly memes and despair because of how shit and out of control D&D are in writing it.

I'm tempted to rewatch them just to see the decline in quality and the point where it starts to go downhill (I'm not entirely certain I'd be able to point out the first specific thing that highlights problems), but honestly I know if I watch the first season it'll just make me depressed about it.

>>63202729

I would honestly recommend avoiding season 5 if you:

>enjoyed the books
>enjoyed the writing of the earlier seasons
>don't want to be intellectually insulted every other episode
>>
>>63202729
Season 6 is probably going to be good, all the leaks suggest shit is going to start happening. Season 5 is pretty slow but you should probably watch it before Season 6 since the story lines aren't the same as the books.
>>
>>63199878
>No plot with lots of people racing for dany

literally the only part of her plot worth a damn
>>
>>63202846
I wanted to read it as it happened from the books but I don't think I'll be able to avoid spoilers for the next three or so fucking years so I might as well see it happen fresh.

>>63202786
Yeah I tick all three of those boxes. I don't intend on watching 5 but I might pick it up when 6 starts. I don't care about any story lines that are new to me, I imagine they're garbage anyway.
>>
>>63202937
But then you'll miss this fantastic scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHEbJ7T78M
>>
>Sams family and old town

why the fuck should i care about this?
>>
>>63202930

I'm still sad she didn't shit everywhere.
>>
>>63203021
>le witty dwarf of tits and wine xDDD

Tyrion has been utter shit since he lost the Hand.
>>
>>63202786

Also, in case anyone throws out some angry (You)s, I'm really not trying to be a snob here (kek) or suggest that the earlier seasons are great or the novels are particularly amazing, but D&D's writing is just so outright bad when they have greater creative freedom to display it (ie, the most recent season and a few things they've adjusted throughout) that it makes it unenjoyable for most people who aren't the average 'casual' viewer audience (ie, "it's just a fun show, I like to watch it to see what happens to X and Y!").

If you enjoy GoT because you mostly like the setting or characters, then by all means it's probably perfectly watchable for a weekly 'ooh I get to see what happens this week!' show, but if you enjoy GoT because of the storytelling and the plot then you really are in for disappointment.

I know people might think I'm being some contrarian or whatever, but I genuinely think that D&D have displayed such poor quality writing that it's best to live in hope for TWoW and just avoid the series (unless they show some utterly miraculous improvement).
>>
>>63203067
I was being sarcastic, but okay. That scene is only, "fantastic," in the same way the bad pussy scene is.
>>
>>63203105
I know fĂ¡m I'm just saying. It's a good example of how shit Tyrion is now desu.
>>
>>63202786
>>63203077

Season 1 - Pretty great adaptation of the books, some stuff has been cut but we've also got more revealing scenes of
Viserys and other characters who didn't get PoVs in the books, and the changes tend to make sense due to budgets and
timing

Season 2 - Oh god what the fuck they changed so much shit for absolutely no reason. It's still watchable,
but there's a significant drop in quality

Season 3 - Similar to Season 2, but the changes are even dumber and the show is way worse. Bordeline unwatchable

Season 4 - Absolutely atrocious

Season 5 - Even worse than season 4 but at least you can laugh at the abysmal acting and fight
choreography and the outright character assassination, they're not even trying to hide it anymore
>>
>no tywin
into the trash it goes
>>
>>63203021
>>63203067
>>63203142

>tfw Tyrion was originally an emotional, somewhat complex character with a fair bit of depth to his personality
>he's now a witty alcoholic imp man with family issues caricature

Such a fucking waste of a character desu senpai.
>>
>>63203213
4 and 5 are literally TWD tier
>>
>>63203322

Christ, they really are. The choreography, plot logic, writing, consistency, characterisation...even the fucking weird spots of utter shit CGI that somehow slip through every now and then.

Is it just laziness now because the brand will make anything they create a commercial success?
>>
Why doesn't GoT coincide with the winter seasons?

Anyone else pretend they live in the GoT universe when the canadian winter hits?
>>
Why did this show keep Stannis alive for so long just to kill him off like that? It wasn't even their trademarked sudden surprise death out of nowhere, it was just a lame pointless end to an arc that went nowhere. They should have killed him off in Season 2 if they were going to go that route. They kept the Team Stannis sets, actors, extras, etc. around for 3 extra seasons for basically no reason.

It really seems like they budgeted their time poorly and realized they had to cut some fat to make room for the memesnakes, so they greatly truncated Stannis' arc just to get him out of the way
>>
>>63201006
That would piss the fuck out of me.

I'm one of the few people who like Jon and Stannis because they're the Storm Kings-Winter Kings partnership that existed since Bran the Builder and Durran Godsgrief.

I want Stannis to have his final triumph and die for the realm. As for Jon, I'd prefer if he warged into Ghost like that fan theory about the Direwolves relating to the fate of its masters.
>>
>>63204211
Because Benioff and Weiss are talentless hacks? Look at their past work, the only thing Benioff did that was respectable was 25th Hour.

I'm not even that much of a Stannis fan, but the show utterly crapped on the character. Not to mention Davos. Why the fuck did they turn him into a battered housewife during the Reading of the NW's Letter?
>>
At this point, I don't know which show with the Undead is worse: The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones.
>>
>>63202555
The show finally caught up so everybody is basically on the dark now.
>>
File: dingingintensifies.jpg (102 KB, 716x720) Image search: [Google]
dingingintensifies.jpg
102 KB, 716x720
Who /shame/ here?
>>
>>63202659
It's not a leak. He's listed as dead in every possible piece of HBO media. To compare, the Hound is listed as 'fate unknown' or something like that.
>>
why do i want to see dany fail hard? is because she's the embodiment of tumblrshit/reddit of the series? muh freeedum, muh world with no slaves, muy throne cause imma stronk wimin
>>
>>63204913
Well shit.
>>
>>63204996
You gotta admit though, that scene where she bought the unsullied was pretty bad ass.
>>
>>63204996
i think her entire arc is pointless and she never should have been included in the story in the first place. the reddit/tumblr shit is annoying but it isnt the real problem with the character, the fact that she has no reason to exist and contributes nothing to the story is the real problem. she was basically Martin's waifu insert and he didnt care that she's a fifth wheel for the rest of the plot
>>
>>63204913
well thats depressing
>>
>>63200063
That'd just be so dumb though, there really isn't much they could do with a, "Jon Snow's a wight," story line, and it really wouldn't live up to all the build up he has been given. I'd like to see an abrupt end to Jon's story line (i.e. him just staying dead), but it's not going to happen. He is the closest thing this series has to a main character. Well, him and Dany are probably tied for that roll. Both of them are going to live until damn near the end of the story.
>>
File: photo-5-1024x768.jpg (168 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
photo-5-1024x768.jpg
168 KB, 1024x768
>>63205183
>>63205360
>honestly thinking Stannis isn't just Robb 2.0
>>
>>63200104
Yeah Jorah is that nigga

fuck those scenes with Grey Worm--don't need to develop that character there's no point
>>
>>63205385
I mean, he was supposed to be this great military strategist, while Robb was just an angry teenager with the right name to lead an army. I really thought he'd get a better death than, "becomes a fanatic and starts making stupid decisions."
>>
>>63205385
hey, I liked book stannis and dillane played his mannerisms perfectly. Same with tywin. They looked physically different from the characters, but played them perfectly
>>
>>63205493
Dillane and Dance are both great actors who can overcome bad writing, at least up to a point
>>
>>63205385
>>63205471
In fact when you think about it, Stannis is the antithesis of Robb. One is young, stupid, has no real claim to regency, but charismatic. The other is old, smart, is the legitimate heir to the iron throne, but everyone hates him.
>>
File: IMG_0345.png (395 KB, 1193x580) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0345.png
395 KB, 1193x580
>>63205471
You need to remember that this is a novel, not real life, and not everything is 100% logical.

Stannis was built up to be this monolithic figure because in universe he's built up to be that. And you know what? He's actually just some fucking idiot brother to a dead usurper. In so far as the story goes, that means he's what's called a "red herring."

Ditto for Robb Stark.

Jon Snow, Dragoncunt, and the Dwarf are obviously the protagonists of this series. If you think they aren't going to win, at least in some measure, by the end, you're stupid. Stannis would have been a major character in book 1 if he actually mattered.

But if this was real life, yeah, Stannis should have won. And by "won", I mean "don't engage in stupid pitched battles like invading a fucking city known to have alchemists by sea".
>>
>>63204211

Probably because the real stars of team Stannis are Mel and Davos. GRRM tried to make his character tense and relevant for as long as possible while DnD just said fuck it.
>>
>>63205562
it was extra painful because dillane portrayed his character's minutiae perfectly but D&D butchered his major characteristics so horribly that it got ruined.
>>
>>63199878

The show is entertaining for what it is. Though, last season, other than Hardhome, was extremely shaky... That being said, someone good better show dem titties this year. Missandei or Sansa would be preferable.
>>
Why did my precious Sansa get raped?
>>
>Rape: The Show
>>
>>63202786
The battle of the green fork was when things started getting weird
>>
>>63205716
this tbqh
I am hanging onto the show to see sansa's tits
>>
File: 1434334823896.jpg (132 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
1434334823896.jpg
132 KB, 700x532
>>63205716
It's a great show if you treat it like a soap opera and embrace the memes. Me and my sister had a great time watching it together.

If you expect foolproof logic and zero plotholes or disappointments from a novel adaptation, then you should flat out not watch any television. Ever.
>>
>>63205918
Did you feel her up during the Jaime/Cersei sex scenes
>>
>>63206001
No, we laugh at how awkward it is.
>>
>>63205918

I've enjoyed the show right along, as I said. Last season was just extremely weak. Usually, at the least, someone good gets nude, though. That didn't happen... If Hardhome hadn't turned out to be one of the best episodes of the series, then the whole season would've been a bust.
>>
>>63204211
A stern late 30s awkward man isn't as relateable and doesn't have a huge draw as a main character.
It works better in the novels because there is a lot more background and characterization thats hard to do on television.

Also they don't have the kind of time to do Stannis‘s northern plotline justice in the show.
>>
>>63204996
i'm hoping she becomes like the mad king; she's already become a hypocrite in certain aspects of her ruling. she'll be fun to watch crash and burn.
>>
>>63205716
we'll probably see maise/arya tits before we see anyone else's
>>
>>63199878
I can't believe how bad the photoshopped blood is.
>>
>>63203976
Are you me?
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.