[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walking Dead Pseudo Morality BS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 17
File: walking-dead-jss.jpg (373 KB, 950x713) Image search: [Google]
walking-dead-jss.jpg
373 KB, 950x713
What do you guys think of the Morgan vs Carol argument?

Are the writers trying to make Morgan seem endearing? I fucking hate him. He is the textbook case of Lawful Stupid.
>>
>>63187704
>Trying to start a serious discussion on the meme board
>>
>>63187770
Almost quads
>>
Probably trying to give him some semblance of purpose in the show because in the comic after he shows up he literally does nothing.

But I think the last episode gave his worldview some merit. Carol is going to kill him to kill the Wolf to save people? How is that not anymore idiotic than not killing people at all?
>>
>>63187795
> Carol is going to kill him to kill the Wolf to save people?

Why is it stupid? Pathological altruists open the door for psychopaths. Morgan is a wolf enabler.
>>
>>63187886
This.
>>
>>63187886

2 dead is better than seeing how far the Wolf takes the body count.
>>
That episode was just terrible.
>>
>>63188563
the show is just terrible

its amazing how idiots keep eating shit up
>>
I can't even begin to comprehend how anybody can defend Morgan's garbage. You have to be a moralfag bleeding heart SJW to even think his worldview has any merit whatsoever.
>b-but muh life is precious! Killing is never justified in any scenario whatsoever!!
So when the Wolf blatantly said "you shouldn't let me go", literally implying he will kill people, why would Morgan still defend him? Is he really willing to risk x number of lives because he wants to save one person who has already proven to be dangerous? Blind altruism has no place in this world, and Lawful Good characters are always 100% retarded. No argument can be made for Morgan's case. Hope he dies soon.
>>
>>63189021
its because hes an autistic faggot

people like him want to be right, even if it means losing everything, and they dont give a damn about other people that disagree with them

see the modern day liberal
>>
This episode was meh. Few decent bits but why are the openings so fucking stupid?

> Hurr dur line of ants crawling over some food
> Begin opening credits

Who writes this shit? The stupid bitch family have no redeeming qualities about them. The father was a dickhead. The youngest is a pussy, the eldest is a shitbag. The mother has 0 personality.

Spoilers below

I am seriously losing faith in this series. They need to have the main characters in each episode. We saw about 5 minutes of glenn, 2 of maggie. That stupid cunt bitch gets bit and drags it out. The priest says literally 2 lines. Cunt bitch goes out screaming but although she is upstairs, NONE of the zombies hear this whilst the gang are fleeing. The kid at the end shouts mom which could get him noticed and it cuts off there. Usually that would make me think "oh shit kids might get it next time" but the writers have done stuff like this and ignored the previous cliffhangers so prob won't be mentioned again.

Morgan has gone from a badass redeemed to a fucking irritating fuckwad. Rick literally carried this episode and without him would have been boring as fuck. No Daryl, no Abraham, no that other chick. Beginning to forget their names now they have split the entire cast up. There is no end game. Smallville 2001 has better CGI than this shit. I laughed my ass off when they showed the tower collapsing. Its the most popular show on AMC at the moment, they should seriously fix this shit by putting some decent money into the production and hiring better writers.

Actually looking forward to new season of FTWD because at least it things interesting.
>>
>>63189102
FTWD is crap though. Every character is shitty and unlikeable except the druggie kid. I had no ambition to even watch the finale.

Enjoying Into the Badlands immensely though. At least there's one show left on AMC I can watch without cringing.
>>
>>63187704
That stupid fucking nigger. What a fucking retarded little bitch.
I purposefully skipped his flashback episode, does it even manage to make him somehow NOT like a total retarded faggot bitch? I don't see how it's possible.
>>
>>63189391
it makes him worse, because hes just a edgy 14 year old that found god, totally cliched shit
>>
Are you all retarded? They literally spoonfed explained exactly why Morgan is the way he is.

>have a son
>he dies because of your fuck up
>go insane
>murder lots and lots of people, sometimes innocent
>try to murder another innocent guy
>he, who should have killed you after you tried to kill him multiple times, spares you
>he rehabilitates you even from your lowest point
>he says he has rehabilitated far worse people
>he says almost all people, no matter how twisted or evil they seem, can be brought back to humanity
>preserving as many lives as possible and maybe rehabilitating people in a zombie fucking apocalypse where humans are scarce is even more important

why is this so hard to understand? You might not agree with him but saying he hasn't thought about it or even that he isn't justified in thinking this way after his experience is stupid
>>
>>63189430
>preserving as many lives as possible
He's directly risking lives by keeping an insane murderer alive. You defeated your own argument.
>>
>>63189409
This. He was an angry murderous woe-is-me edgelord, then he found God and now he's suddenly the authority on morality for everybody. Awful, awful, awful character. Please kill him off.
>>
>its ok to kill and imprison violent criminals and murders in the normal world
>in the zombie apocalypse this is somehow bad

we've gone through this same shit in season 2 with Randall

this show is trash and full of lazy writing
>>
>>63189473
he has him locked in a cell

i admit he should be a lot more careful than he has been but it's not like he let him roam free

and no, he would be indirectly risking lives
>>
>>63189547
>he would be indirectly risking lives
its direct when he is fighting his own people to protect him idiot
>>
>>63189430

>he rehabilitates you even from your lowest point
>he says he has rehabilitated far worse people
>he says almost all people, no matter how twisted or evil they seem, can be brought back to humanity

Um didn't Mr. Goody two shoes end up murdering that guy who killed his family?
>>
>>63189353
Might watch the badlands then. So fucking over this show. I used to defend it but now the writing and production is so bad.
>>
>>63189641
>Mr. Goody two shoes end up murdering that guy who killed his family?
yes, and he the only person he rehabilitated during the zombie infestation was morgan, who was a good person before turning into a faggot

its so sad where this show has gone from season 1, when characters actually fucking mattered
>>
>>63187795

They're both idiots. Carol's timing was fucking stupid too. All the characters are stupid to instigate drama.

Morgan is stupid for all kinds of reasons. Carol could've just waited and put a bullet in his head or stabbed him in the head when things quieted down. But nah, let's have a brawl in front of him, there's no way he'll take advantage of that.
>>
>>63187704
I'm a Christian and I believe in doing good, being selfless, forgiving and all that stuff, but in this situation I would have definately killed the wolfguy. Well, I would have killed him before, back when he attacked the community and not keep him alive in a cell. It was so obvious that he was going to do the stuff had been doing before, so keeping him alive was just suicidal and stupid. Morgan is the worst character in the entire show, and I hope he dies as soon as possible.

You can't turn the other cheek when the other person is hitting you with a knife.
>>
>>63189668
What, so Goodygoody was lying and he hadn't actually rehabilitated anybody previous to Morgan?
(Anon that skipped the ep here)

And he went back on his principles right on front of Morgan? Lmao
>>
>>63189102
>Smallville 2001 has better CGI than this shit. I laughed my ass off when they showed the tower collapsing.
So you laughed your ass off at how bad was the CGI of the tower collapsing? Did I read you correctly?
>>
>>63189742
>What, so Goodygoody was lying and he hadn't actually rehabilitated anybody previous to Morgan?
No he was a prisoner evaluater psychologist

he would interview prisoners and see if they were ok to go on parole, but the last prisoner killed his family so he kidnaps him and lets him starve to death in a cage

then when he goes into town to turn himself in he sees all the zombies

so the only people he rehabilitated were normal criminals, not zombie apocalypse survivors, except for morgan, who we know from season 1 was a good person

So morgan is trying to be like this guy, THAT WAS TRAINED TO HELP CHANGE PEOPLE and only helped morgan in modern time
>>
>>63189717
>I'm a Christian
Stopped reading there.
>>
I'm actually glad we're at the midseason point. Watching this terrible show has turned into a chore for me. I need a break
>>
>>63189759

That, an the balloons in the last episode. Also the quarry zombies and with the truck.

> It's true, I laughed, at all of it
>>
He's still crazy. His new philosophy is all that holds him together, and he sees a chance for wolf guy to change just like he did. He can't see clearly.

It's like religion. Crazy people use it to give themselves purpose.
>>
>>63189717

> I'm a Christian

So was that priest.
>>
>>63189430
It was different when the cheesemaker was rehabilitating Morgan, because he was the only one in danger and proved that he was more than a match for Morgan.

Now Morgan is trying to do the same to a violent psychopath, but he's putting everyone in alexandria in danger. And OH! Look what happened, he got lose and took people hostage and is probably going to kill a bunch more people.
>>
>>63189927
Your point being?
>>
The youngest son at the end of that episode is autistic as fuck right?
>>
>>63189983
More traumatized than autistic. He's just a kid. But yeah kids like that as a plot device do my head in.
>>
>>63189430

The fucking cheesemaker knew that some people were psychopaths. He knew there was something that could be redeemed in Morgan because it used to be his job to be able to tell.

Morgan is just a moron who will tell people a turd isn't a turd and then eat it while everyone watches in disgust.
>>
>>63189983
yeah, he acts like a 6 year old but looks 12

at this point I am just watching to see all these annoying people die, just like that dumb autisit in season 2 of the game
>>
>>63190004
>dumb autisit in season 2 of the game

Yeah i was so happy when i got to shoot Kenny
>>
People seem to be missing the point of Morgan, even though they hammered it home in that prequel episode.

Morgan is dumb, his philosophy is dumb. The point is, if he gives up on that "all life is precious" thing, he's so mentally unhinged by what happened that he'd start just murdering people again.

That philosophy and way of life is all that allows his mind to be kept together. It gives him meaning and purpose
>>
>>63187704
The Walking Dead is not a challenge to be taken lightly
>>
>>63189983
He definitely has some mental issues.
>>
>>63189983
I wish he had gotten more time with Carol. She should've straightened him out.
>>
I quite liked this episode to be honest but while I like Lenny James' acting chops and his fresh-ish outlook on the apocalypse, the hippie shit is starting to get old when they're faced with a guy who literally interrupts them mid-conversation to affirm, in his own words, that he's a cunt and he won't stop killing because it gives him a boner. There's being a naive and then there's being astronomically retarded.

On another note, Deanna went out like a champ. 6 zombies dead and a fucking crazed battlecry in the face of certain death. A foolish way, but awesome. Khorne would honour her.
>>
>>63190058
>>63189895
these you fucking idiots

>mfw people are too dumb to understand the fucking Walking Dead
>mfw they criticize the show for being dumb when they themselves are even dumber
>>
File: 1406488485572.png (309 KB, 485x475) Image search: [Google]
1406488485572.png
309 KB, 485x475
>>63190058
Yeah basically this. I could see that in the near future Morgan will kill someone and give up his philosophy, and go back to being unstable.

You either get the nice Morgan who kills nobody or the crazy dangerous Morgan. They're both terrible but you can only have one.

He will likely achieve equilibrium at some point after reverting to his old self, but Rick will keep him in the group anyway, and then he will replace Daryl as Rick's best bro and it will be great.
>>
The only reason the show has gone to shit is because they stopped focusing on/killing off the main characters while giving more screen time to these literally who Alexandria faggots. Nobody gives a fuck about these people. Mid-season finale and we didn't get to see ANY of Daryl or Abe until the teaser in the first commercial break of Badlands. Glenn was gone for how many episodes, and will most likely be killed by Negan next season if the comics are being followed faithfully. Maggie is dead. Morgan turned into a total fucking boner. Rick and Carol are the only people keeping this show together.
>>
>>63189872
the tower collapsing was practical
>>
>>63190136
We understand the point of Morgan, we just acknowledge that it's fucking terrible.
>crazy murderous edgelord finds God and becomes a moral crusader for justice
WOW NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE HOLY SHIT WHAT COMPELLING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
>>
>>63190240
>finds God

No
>>
>>63190136
>implying this somehow stops it from being annoying, boring and cliched

hey everyone remember dale?
>>
>>63190259
>implying his clichéd "all life is precious", moral high ground philosophy is any different from religion
>>
File: 1441554922910.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1441554922910.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
OP here, another question about the shitty decision making in the show.

Why do they not proactively thin the horde at every chance? There are zombies all over the place, around the walls, and these people clearly have a lot of free time in a post-apocalyptic setting - why not fashion some long spear/pike-like weapons and take shifts killing zombies from the top of the fence and through any openings? A lot of free time combined with mindless enemies with no sense of self preservation should make it simple, and as long as they use hand weapons they wont be making any noise.
>>
File: RESIDENT EVIL 4 merchant.jpg (86 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
RESIDENT EVIL 4 merchant.jpg
86 KB, 736x552
>>63187704
LOL.
>>
>>63190429
No clue. They really should've taken turns with killing the zombies, I think they did at the prison. Granted it didn't and wouldn't help that much but surely better than nothing...?
>>
>People hate Morgan for not killing
>Love Batman
>>
>>63190429
Because then bodies start to pile up and eventually they can climb over them
>>
>>63190307
Dale at least made sense because its believable someone would still think like he did when its only been like a couple months into the outbreak.

2 years in though, people like Morgan have absolutely no place.
>>
>>63190429
They did that already and it just piled them on the fence.

It"s really fucking stupid and something they should all be doing every few hours, then burning the corpses to ash.
>>
>>63190505
They wouldnt do it at one spot, evenly kill them around the perimeter, maybe occasionally burn the corpses.
>>
File: TWD_602_GP_0526_0123_FULL.jpg (1009 KB, 3600x2384) Image search: [Google]
TWD_602_GP_0526_0123_FULL.jpg
1009 KB, 3600x2384
>>63190454
Whaddaya boyin'?
>>
>>63190429
Because it's a TV show. There are as many zombies as the plot dictates there needs to be and method of disposing them as is required.

As with a lot of things, a TV show with realism would make for a very boring show.
>>
>>63190628

Not in the case of TWD, which has, or is supposed to have, its core in the interactions between the characters. The story shouldn't need to rely on zombies for drama or tension, the post-apocalyptic landscape and the human drama resulting should be plenty to feed what the show is supposed to be. If anything, it would make many aspects of the show less cheap if they didn't allow themselves to magic up some zombies whenever things get a little slow, and people would be more invested if they saw the people on the screen reacting to this universe in a reasonable way. The show would only be improved by forcing themselves to use zombies in a consistent way and let conflicts play out naturally from the rules and characters as they have been established.
>>
We need more Enid.
The rest is useless.
>>
>>63190872

Everything leading up to during and after the terminus invasion and before arriving at Alexandria was the show at its best for exactly that reason.

Then we got Season 2 Herschel's farm comfy and here we are again.

It's just the barn burning.
>>
>>63187704

B-b-but muh humanituh! Muh moral compass!

That shit was played out in season 2.
>>
>>63187704
i think his case is one of the few good plot points even if i have to admit its a broken clock kind of thing.
he's only alive because someone paid him the same courtesy he's trying to pay everybody. the "all life is precious" thing is redundant and shitty
>>
>>63187795
>kill wolf
>wolf dies, morgan dies

>don't kill wolf
>wolf kills everybody he meets
>>
>>63190058

This, Morgan needs to fulfill his philosophy, its whats keeps him sane, its what gives him strength and will to live, hes probably a very unstable person but this is what keeps him from slaughtering more people.

The most retarded shit in the episode was the ending, the old bitch started shooting and nobody even heard it, what the fuck?
>>
>>63189021
>So when the Wolf blatantly said "you shouldn't let me go", literally implying he will kill people, why would Morgan still defend him

Because Morgan is fucking seeing himself in that Wolf. For fuck's sake that's what that whole flashback episode of him was about. Morgan was EXACTLY like that.

I'm not saying that Morgan's behavior about this isn't complete shit and retarded, but you prove again and again that /tv/'s only complaints are based on not being able to remember a single fucking thing or pay attention.

There's a fuckton wrong with TWD, but /tv/ never complains about this and instead complains about the most retarded things
>>
>>63190240
>We understand the point of Morgan, we just acknowledge that it's fucking terrible.

I guess that's why every complaint about it on /tv/ is grounded on not being able to remember or understand the most basic shit
>>
>>63191523
>Morgan was EXACTLY like that.
But he wasnt, Morgan wanted to die, he was begging for it, this guy is clearly being manipulative

MUCH LIKE the prisoner that killed Eastmans family

So really, Morgan learned nothing
>>
>>63191697
Of course Morgan and the Wolf are different, but Morgan doesn't see that, mostly because he's absolutely mental.
It doesn't take a fucking scientist to figure this shit out.

In my opinion the writers aren't exactly putting Morgan in any kind of good light either, despite what /tv/ loves to scream. If anything, they have made him seem like the moron time after time again. First with the wolves he let escape that nearly fucked Rick up, then the shit that went down this episode. Hell, Morgan is barely able to make a proper argument in his defense despite there being some. The writers are taking a massive dump on Morgan, though /tv/ seems to think otherwise.
>>
>>63189717
Turning the other cheek actually means to not be a victim or a bitch according to Hebrew code of honor in those days.
>>
>>63190429

No point trying to making sense of this shit.

What was the point of that dude trying to to climb over those zombies with the hook-line? As usual the writeters didn't have shit so they come up with these stupid scenarios.

Glenn having the thickest plot armor I've ever seen. Only time a main character ever dies is a season finale it seems. What's the point of trying to build suspense around it? Every other character introduced is basically cannon fodder that die in the most retarded ways while glenn can dive into a sea of zombies and make it out without a scratch.

>>
Man, remember when everybody was fucking excited about Morgan coming back? What a twist
>>
>>63193067
Remember when Glenn first fell off the dumpster and everyone was saying "Now I bet they are gonna make a us sit through a stupid Morgan Flashback episode?"

Typical textbook writer BS
>>
>>63193667
Just realized textbook writer makes it seem like I meant people who write textbooks, I meant it as in extremely typical and predictable....
>>
>tfw watching dumb people act dumb for an hour

I can't keep up with this shit any more why are ALL the characters braindead
>>
>>63190454
Who is that blonde qt3:14
>>
Watching TWD every Monday has become a regular thing for me and my housemates. Even though we just laugh at every scene because the dialogues and acting are just terrible.

I do hope that fat medic tumblerina gets out alive though. She doesn't deserve being torn to shreds.
>>
>>63190498
Batman is in a completely different world, he's in a universe where people can fly for fucks sake, your suspension of disbelief goes a lot father that a drama about people in the Apocalypse. Besides Batman is a million times smarter than Morgan, he would have broken the wolfguy's arm or leg or used a batarang to knock him out.
>>
>>63194063

I only watch it in hopes of a 8/10+ episode sprinkled amongst the shitness. If the next half-season is this filler garbage tardpile of fuck I think I'll finally stop.
>>
people actually still devote time to watching this trash?
>>
>>63192964
This, you know what triggered me, the fact that the old lady (Deanne?) , fell to the ground for like a split second and she got bitten. But Glenn dived into a pool of zombies... not a scratch he survived for like 4 days .. no infection at all
>>
>>63190058

Its kind of sad.
He spent a lot of time with just a fat white monk and a goat, and it helped him learn to appreciate his life again and the lives of others.
He just wants to help other people who have gone down the same crazy path he went down, but he's totally out of his element and desperate.
>>
>>63194202
people actually still go to threads just to let others know they don't watch the show the thread is about?
>>
>>63190498
Batman put the criminal scum at the hands of the competent authorities.
Morgan harbors psychopaths with no care whatsoever about the safety of anybody else.

At this point Morgan is a threat to others and himself
>>
>>63190498

>implying one can't think both are stupid for having no killing rules.
>implying Batman hasn't been shown to be clinically retarded for not killing Joker.
>>
>>63191975
How can you be so sure about that?
Somehow it seems like the writers are forcing this moral conflict into the show.
>>
>>63188363
Wolves already almost killed Rick too and valuable rifle ammo was wasted
>>
>>63194631

It's forced as fuck. Fuck morgan and his 'arc'.
>>
It hurts to watch this stupid fucking show. The characters make such retarded decisions it's hard to suspend disbelief. Also fuck Morgan. I hope he dies a horrifying death.
>>
This show isn't too far gone, but damn do they need to fix the writing.
>>
why does this show inspire such vitriol and hyperbolic hate?

it's honestly pretty good tbH f.am.
>>
Everytime someone asks me if they should pick up this show... All I can say is you can either skip the whole show, or just watch season 1. Save yourself I'm far too gone... show really has gone to shit with each season
>>
>>63194810

Because the writers only make 2 or so good episodes out of entire seasons. They end up being spectacular but holy fuck the rest is pure shit
>>
>>63187704
>Are the writers trying to make Morgan seem endearing?

No. We know he is a insane. Nigga killed people for no reason for months now he doesnt kill anyone even with reason.

Carol is also a little off the rails tho.
>>
>>63194833
Season 5 was the best season tbqh
>>
>>63194833
season 1 was generic garbage faggot. fuck off with this shit already. show is way better now, the characters are way more interesting and developed and they're about to introduce the best villain.
>>
I think the entire show is stupid and that Morgan was okay in the first episode of the series. I dropped it after the prison shit when Carol didn't hang herself because she's a shitty character.

Apparently they're bringing in Negan? Neat, can't wait for NOTHING TO HAPPEN.
>>
>>63194909
Take your meds Greg Nicotero
>>
>>63194810
It gets hate because we know they can do better. It's annoying to see lazy writing when this show has produced spectacular episodes in the past.
>>
>>63194939
>I dropped it after the prison shit when Carol didn't hang herself because she's a shitty character.
Carol is tied for best character alongside Rick - what the fuck are you on about.
>>
>>63187704
Why was Carol so sweaty and weak?
>>
WTF is Morgan's problem?

This season has had some really uninspired writing.
>>
>>63189430
The guy was also a trained criminal psychologist. I understand why Morgan wants to do it, but all he can really do is repeat 'life is precious' and 'everyone can be saved'. He doesn't understand anything about the human mind
>>
>>63195264
>man who killed people indiscriminately for months is insane

WTF IS HIS PROBLEM WOW
>>
>>63195172
Because she's an old woman?
>>
File: 1444775754691.jpg (73 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1444775754691.jpg
73 KB, 450x450
>>63189102
This, though I lost faith about 4 years ago. Also, judging by the opening and monologues the characters give, it's clear the writers believe this maudlin hackery is worthy of prestige television.

This show is a soap opera set in the zombie apocalypse. Every event and death is caused by someone doing something retarded.

And because retards lap it up, they will never change and only get worse

>16 episodes
>14 out of 16 literally nothing happens
>break it into 2 parts
>smaller budget, more episodes

It's genius, really.
>>
>>63187795
>in the comic after he shows up he literally does nothing.
This. He literally shows up just to die to the herd in Alexandria. Tyrese already got his exact death scene anyway and Lennie James is pretty high up in the billing so Morgan's here to stay.

>>63189102
>Smallville 2001 has better CGI than this shit. I laughed my ass off when they showed the tower collapsing.
That was a practical effect buddy. The balloons were CGI though lmao
>>
>>63195960
>so Morgan's here to stay.
I'm thinking (hoping, really) that it's the Wolf who ends up ruining Carl's eye and Rick kills Morgan when he learns it's his fault.
>>
>>63187704
We got a moral fag and an edgy granny who overyone loves for whatever reason.
>>
>>63187704
He's not even lawful. If he were lawful, he would kill people who commit violence against others.
>>
>>63194810
>why does this show inspire such vitriol and hyperbolic hate?

Because it's popular. If it was just about getting enough viewers to survive, or better yet cancelled, people would be talking about how great it is here
>>
>>63188907
This. I just watch to shit on the morons who think the show is good.
>>
File: nurse carol.jpg (55 KB, 312x534) Image search: [Google]
nurse carol.jpg
55 KB, 312x534
>>63187704
hashbrownTEAMCAROL
>>
>>63190083
Carol was definitely a better mom than his real mom.
>Carol tells him straight up facts and to grow some balls
>Real mom tells him to pretend to be brave
>>
>>63187704
Morgan needs to fucking die not sure if they're keeping him around to get Lucilled or what. at this point no one really gives a shit about him so getting Lucilled would probably make people happy to see him die
>>
>>63197135
I think Daryl is going to get Lucilled as a revenge kill for when him, Abraham, and Sasha inevitably kill the bikers. Morgan probably won't be long for this world when Rick finds out what the fuck he's been doing.

Edgy as hell, but I really want Judith to die too
>>
>>63195264
>goes crazy
>ends up with cheese maker
>cheese maker teaches Morgan lesson
>but cheese maker is also crazy from the guy he tortured to death

Morgan never stopped being crazy
>>
>>63197135
The problem with Morgan is they're trying to make him the voice of reason. But it worked with Dale and Hershel because they've always been the voice of reason and also they are more mature and well respected.

All Morgan did was train with the fucking zodiac killer and ate cheese. Now he gets mad when Rick does his thing to protect everyone. Morgan is S1 Rick and S1 Rick is no longer necessary.
>>
Jesus Christ /tv/ is full of fucking edgefags. Carol is a edgy twat who kills mindlessly even when it's not needed and through shitty writing has the skills of an operator and no resemblance to her past character. While Morgan is actually an interesting character that has a greater philosophy than "this is the way the world is, we gotta do anything to survive." But because the writers have a hardon for edge and "muh survival" they write him as dumb as possible and attempt to show us repeatedly that his ideas don't work; if they actually had any talent at all they'd make it ambiguous and actually give the Wolves more depth than "gotta be a retard and kill everyone"

Really, even though the writers paint Morgan as a retard, he's still the only character that has had a reasonable character development and who doesn't go back and forth like Rick or completely change into a different character like everyone else. Regardless, we all know that Morgan's plan would fail because the writers are fucking horrible and predictable. A rehabilitated Wolf could be an interesting character with interesting dynamics, but it would be too hard to write so fuck it.
>>
>>63197499
>Carol is a edgy twat who kills mindlessly even when it's not needed

Such as when?
>>
>>63197499
>Carol is a edgy twat who kills mindlessly even when it's not needed
Name one person.
>no resemblance to her past character.
Character development.
>While Morgan is actually an interesting character that has a greater philosophy
Morgan's a fucking maniac who oscillated between two extreme personalities and neither of them work.
>>
>>63189102

Both the comic and the tv series are money making machines & one trick ponies at that. I used to follow the comic until the shit with Negan. It was so drawn out I honestly just lost interest. Maybe they can do something differently in the show, but I highly doubt it. As everyone knows, there's no end game.
>>
>>63197628
Tyreese's girlfriend.
>>
>>63197761
More of a mercy killing familia
>>
>>63197798
The fact that she took the responsibility on herself says alot. She didn't have to, but she did it anyway. They weren't even dead when yet.
>>
>>63187886
>>63188071
>>63188363

You're a fucking psychopath if you think killing Morgan to kill the Wolf to stop hypothetical killings is somehow a sane or rational decision. The Wolf was tied up and under guard. If the fat nurse was able to dress him up without him making a move, he wasn't a threat.

In fact the only time he was a threat was when Carol attacked Morgan, causing everyone in the room to drop their guard with regard to the Wolf. Morgan's POV was sound, more restraints and guard could have also hypothetically been applied to the Wolf, just as more (lethal) force could have been. The point is redemption: everyone can change.
>>
>>63197628
The sick prisoners when she had no way to know that would actually help anything nor was it established she was willing to do that. The Wolf she shot that was tied up on the ground and was saying something. Trying to kill the Wolf locked up when it was completely irrelevant at the moment and going as far as to attack Morgan thereby giving the Wolf an opportunity to escape.
>>63197652
>Character development.
Just because the same actors are used doesn't mean it's the same character. Nor does a single scene where they give a speech count as a good turning point.
>Morgan's a fucking maniac who oscillated between two extreme personalities and neither of them work.
Because the writers are fucking retarded and they don't understand how people work or how to write desperate and traumatic characters. Morgan still is the only one that has any sort of philosophy or deeper meaning to his actions. When everyone's motives is to just survive, even when survival is barely an issue, it's fucking boring.
>>
>>63197843
>They weren't even dead when yet.
No but they were sick and she didn't want the illness to spread. Totally justifiable.
>>63197853
>If the fat nurse was able to dress him up without him making a move, he wasn't a threat.
Why would he fucking kill the doctor, you fucking imbecile?
>>
>>63197798
I thought Hershel found out how to treat that sickness.
>>
>>63197898
>she didn't want the illness to spread
They were isolated. It's not like they were walking around and interacting with people.
>>
>>63197843
It still isnt mindless killing, wether it helped or not is irrelevant, her intent was to protect the group
>>
>>63197761
You play with coal you get burned.
>>
>>63195172
I believe she had a concussion, if she had been at full strength she could have rid the series of both the Wolf and Morgan. That would have been sweet.
>>
>>63198148
Nah Morgan still would have beat her. Even if she is a badass Morgan is still a strong black dude with crazy skill on his staff, he'd easily disarm a smaller woman with a knife.

I mean when the Wolves came he like single handedly beat 4 people at once
>>
File: BatBomb.gif (965 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
BatBomb.gif
965 KB, 450x248
>>63194492
>Joker kills a bunch of people
>Capture him
>Put in jail
>Breaks out
>Repeat
How is Batman any better? He's not delusional enough to believe the Joker can be rehabilitated which makes him worse if anything. How many times does the guy need to escape and kill more innocent people before Batman realizes he needs to just put the fucker down? Burton's Batman is the only version of the character that isn't retarded.
>>
>>63195172
>Why was Carol so sweaty and weak?
I thought she put up a good fucking fight considering she's a woman, an older woman at that.
>>
>>63198243
Because Batman, like Morgan, knows if he breaks his "no killing" code then he'll end up going full psycho.
>>
Reading these posts crack me up. Clearly, high school students finished their homework and decided to watch the show instead of play their vidya.

We get it. Morgan is altruistic and dumb. Carol is ruthless and also dumb. None of you can get past that and focus on the substance of the plot; the walking dead.

Are the walking dead the zombies? Or is it the people left behind?

The show is slow as fuck, but if you try to refrain from being a fat ass pathetic critic you'll see the underlying themes the comic and show accomplish.

Do you kill Morgan, then wolf, to protect people you care about? If so you end up like the next major villain negan. Or do keep wolf alive and hope for the best to maintain your humanity because... What else is there?

If you faggots could actually read beyond a 2nd grade level and checked out the comics you'd see the show is doing a pretty legit job developing characters with this theme in mind.

Until then cry for more cgi and violence you fucking fat virgins.
>>
>>63198302
If they're the same why do people excuse one and hate the other?
>>
>>63198327
Because Batman is a cultural icon and no killing is a staple of his character
>>
File: 184dwkl4n835ajpg.jpg (24 KB, 300x341) Image search: [Google]
184dwkl4n835ajpg.jpg
24 KB, 300x341
>>63194939
>Carol
>The Prison

Fuck man, I didn't want to remember
>>
>>63198316
So euphoric bro
>>
>>63198316
>Are the walking dead the zombies? Or is it the people left behind?
Rick straight out says the people are the Walking Dead, so maybe calm down on calling others dumb

>Do you kill Morgan, then wolf, to protect people you care about? If so you end up like the next major villain negan.
The Wolf is dangerous and it would be stupid not to kill him. Morgan only has to be killed if he chooses the Wolf over the group. That would hardly put Carol on Negans level
>>
>>63198316
Rick is the main character and he's a fuxking killer.
>>
I think they were gambling on a theory that fans would like him out of nostalgia alone but then nobody remembered who Morgan was because enjoying this show requires having a short attention span.

They could probably have the governor return at this point with a new personality and he'd just be seen as another new character.
>>
>>63198316
>Killing the Wolf, a big threat to the people inside the community, is the equivalent of being Negan

Are you stupid on purpose or?
>>
>>63198243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuYsh48MK0
>>
carol was right. morgan wasnt thinking clearly because the only thing that was keeping him together was what he was taught by that 1 guy after he went off the deep end

now some fat chick is going to pay the price
>>
I'd love to see some weirder looking zombies.
Like a zombie ballerina or zombie clown.
Maybe a zombie with Down's syndrome just running into walls all the time.
>>
>>63198587
>but then nobody remembered who Morgan was
nah, people were hyped when he was following the group from Terminus. The problem was that he turned into a completely different character when he showed up.
>>
>>63198688
Or maybe a zombie football player wearing a helmet so he cannot bite anyone.
>>
>>63198667
>now some fat chick is going to pay the price

The absolute dumbest part of the show......

"OK, this asshole has a knife to the fat chick's throat and we're 5 feet away with 2 guns pointed at his (stationary) head and are both good at doing headshots on swaying zombies, 20 ft away, while we're at a full run. Let's give him our guns and let him walk out the door with the fat chick".
>>
>>63199044

As has been stated several times, the writers of the show make the characters idiots so they can put them in improbable risky idiot situations.
>>
>>63199044
Someone has to shoot Carl in the eye
>>
>>63199044
I just treat the show as being based on the premise of "What would happen if the only people to survive a zombie apocalypse were morons".

Makes it quite entertaining.
>>
>>63198243
You dont know anything about the Batman series do you?

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke
>>
>>63198761
Heh, that one's actually pretty good.
>>
>>63199044
>>63198667
I hope that fat tumblr character gets killed off
>>
>>63199882
>tumblr

Wat?
>>
>>63187704
Murderers deserve to be executed or interrogated then executed

Carol could have fucking waited until the zombie hordes had fucking been dealt with

Morgan is a good boy he didn't do anything wrong. Just praising jesus and his new found faith
>>
Why did they kill off Andrea in the show? She is a important/good ass character in the comic. I understand her show character was absolute shit but couldn't they have just done the same shit they did with Carol (who was a rather existent/useless character until s4) to redeem her?
>>
File: 1353046534404.jpg (10 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
1353046534404.jpg
10 KB, 288x175
>>63187704
Morgan has just been mislead. If he hadn't met the Zodiac killer in that cabin he would still be mentally stable.
>>
>>63199981
>Carol could have fucking waited until the zombie hordes had fucking been dealt with
Wolf was a time bomb and it's better to get rid of him before he really fucked something up.
>>
>>63200053
Yes he was so dangerous tied up in the basement
>>
>>63200317
he was with Morgan sending people to him. It was obvious he was going to do something to the girl as soon as she went in there.
>>
>>63200317
I think only his hands were bound. Maybe if he was shackled to the wall I'd be inclined to agree. They were in a crisis, though, and he could have taken advantage of the distraction. This same reason is why Rick should have knifed Deanna when he saw her hunched over Judith's crib - even after he saw that she was still living. They could have all been needed to barricade the stairwell and no one would be around to put her down if she turned.
>>
File: REEEEE.gif (195 KB, 461x195) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.gif
195 KB, 461x195
>KNEE-GAN
>>
That was literally the worst episode this show has ever had. I was bored the entire fucking time.
>>
File: TWD_608_GP_0720_0119_FULL.jpg (454 KB, 3407x2272) Image search: [Google]
TWD_608_GP_0720_0119_FULL.jpg
454 KB, 3407x2272
Why do the promo photos have characters that weren't in the episode? I get the feeling we were supposed to get parts of episode 9 in episode 8, but they decided to pad episode 8 out to that boring cliffhanger for whatever reason.
>>
>>63200831
I wasn't bored because I was stupid enough to think that something exciting would happen in a midseason finale. The entire time I was waiting for Carl to get shot and then nothing happened.
>>
KUNG FU NIGGAS
>>
>>63200963
This honestly trumped all of season 2 and the terrible points of the show. This was the worst episode ever, am I wrong? Has there been a more agregious offense?
Holy shit, that Carl dialogue.
>Dude I get it
>my dad killed your dad
>but there's something you need to understand
>your dad.... was an asshole
I was laughing so fucking hard, that was so awful.
>>
Why the fuck do you pathetic queers like this garbage show? Serious question...
>>
>>63201041
It's not kung fu. It's Akido
>>
>>63200944
Dude looks gay, I think it's the eyebrows.
>>
>>63201043
There's literally nothing wrong with that dialogue desu
>>
>>63201350
seriously though anon jokes aside
am I not right? I'm not a huge film buff and don't go to /tv/ all that often but that was some of the worst fucking dialogue AND delivery ever, right?
>>
>>63201043
they are uneducated kids
>>
>>63201414
you don't need to be educated to realize that what he said and how said it were fucking retarded.
your dad killed someone with a sword in the middle of the street?
>more importantly bro, he was kinda a dick.
>>
>>63196270
>>63196270
>>63196270
This

Kill yourselves, contrarian losers. The Walking Dead is awesome and the best show on TV. You're all just butthurt that everyone watches and loves a show you hate for no good reason. LOL pathetic virgins.
>>
Morgan being a moralfag is not a problem, the problem is how it's handled
1. I like Morgan, the actor does a good job with what he's given
2. It's an on-going arc, how about having a bit of patience to see how it'll be resolved
3. The writers haven't shyed away from showing his actions had consequences or having other character criticize him, like the scene of Rick being assaulted in the RV
4. I like that it's keeping the wolves storyline open and engaging Carol as the opposite side of this character coin
5. literally all post-apocalypse fiction question what morality and justice become once civilization falls, the real problem is are the writers talented enough to do it in interesting and clever ways?
6. The writers have certainly showed that Morgan is not a deeply moral character acting out of beliefs, but rather an insane man riddled with guilt and PTSD trying to hold on to what's left of his humanity, even if it means being even more dangerous as when he was violent
I kinda like that whole character arc speficially because it's not directly about morality but rather psychology, and it creates an interesting character conflict with Carol (who also became hardened and ruthless because of her battered wife PTSD). The problem is these writers are so terribly uneven. The whole scene with Carol knocking him out, the wolf knocking her out, the three stooges opening the door at that exact moment and being useless, that whole scene was comically retarded.
>>
>>63201589
>>63196270

>>/r/thewalkingdead
>>
>>63202020
Even leddit hated the mid season finale
>>
File: Laurie Holden.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1505) Image search: [Google]
Laurie Holden.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1505
>>63200014
>Why did they kill off Andrea in the show? She is a important/good ass character in the comic. I understand her show character was absolute shit but couldn't they have just done the same shit they did with Carol (who was a rather existent/useless character until s4) to redeem her?
Andrea and Dale specifically were cast because they had already worked/were friends with Darabont. When Darabont and AMC parted ways over budget issues, they asked to be let go as well.
>>
>>63201402
Dialogue wasn't that bad. It wasn't good, but it wasn't the worst thing ever.
The delivery though. That kid can not act, straight up.
>>
>>63187704
dude who got locked up by morgan is the problem here. how he came to that place is stupid and how he managed to live with his wound is stupid. he doesn't even have fever what the fuck he's like superman bro i mean dude has big fucking infected wound on his abdomen and he's just playing it cool hitting people in the head with shit wtf
>>
>>63197898
>Why would he fucking kill the doctor, you fucking imbecile?
Because he's a psychopath duh, killing gives him an erection and he is under the impression that he's dead no matter what
>>
>>63201173
>dude looks gay
The irony.
>>
>>63187886
this
>>
>>63197898
>Why would he fucking kill the doctor
He's /b/ incarnate
>>
The only reason I still watch this show is because I've already invested a lot of time into it. I must see it through to its shitty end
>>
>>63199981
>Morgan is a good boy he didn't do anything wrong. Just praising jesus and his new found faith
The ideology Morgan has adopted seems closer to buddism.
>>
Why does this show look like a pilot all the time? Where is the budget for this hugely popular show? Idl how people can watch it.
>>
>>63189021
>I can't even begin to comprehend how anybody can defend Morgan's garbage. You have to be a moralfag bleeding heart SJW to even think his worldview has any merit whatsoever.
In todays society when we have pretty secure prisons that kind of works, but not in the walking dead universe.
>>
>>63198243
>How is Batman any better?
Batman is fighting crime, not for mankinds survival.
>>
Why is that fat hambeast mary sue SJW doctor chick even alive still
>>
>>63203448
i thought we were going to see the wolf throw her at the zombies so he could get away, still might happen.
>>
Morgan is shit, but so is Carol. I'm sick of seeing her try to be le epic badass womyn. It's a shame Ed isn't around anymore to put her in her place.
>>
>>63203570
>the wolf

That the real character name from the comics? Jesus christ really
>>
File: 960.jpg (67 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
67 KB, 960x540
>That Morgan and the goat episode.
>>
>>63187795
>Probably trying to give him some semblance of purpose in the show because in the comic after he shows up he literally does nothing.

He's just the next Dale/Hershel IMO. That's his purpose. Peace keeper, a mediator, pest ...
>>
>>63203590

Are you even aware that TWD is basically a show for women?

And I don't mean the whole "it's a zombie soap opera" argument. Which is true. The primary audience is women. Most of the main characters are women. There are dykes everywhere and tons of ludicrous female power fantasies.

TWD is a chick show.
>>
>>63203609
wolves aren't in the comic and i don't think that guy has a real name
>>
i respect morgan as a character but his ethos is just dangerous given the circumstances
>>
>>63203654
>No naked Rick shower scene

Not yet
>>
>>63202726
blew it all on cgi blood...oh wait
>>
>>63203917

What do you mean? We had one, we even saw his butt
>>
>>63204536
We need more
>>
reposting from other thread

>holds idealistic views that are completely unrealistic in the world he lives in
>only reason he isn't dead is because plot armor makes him a fucking ninja at close combat and nobody ever shoots at him for some reason
>actively endangers people who are protecting him for his ideals and then lords over them when they do what they must to survive

Imagine two men are strapped on an island. One of the men kills and cooks a fish for the two of them because there is fuck all else to eat on the island.

The man who didn't kill the fish takes a bite out of it, turns to the hunter and says "How can you live with yourself, taking life like that?"

That man is Morgan.

You can be a hippy faggot and die in the woods all you like but when you impose that shit on others you become a fucking cunt. I hope someone he spares comes back and beheads hims.
>>
>>63204659
>You can be a hippy faggot and die in the woods all you like but when you impose that shit on others you become a fucking cunt.
+1
>>
>>63190200
At least Mayor lady got dealt with.
>>
>>63202144
that's not why they killed andrea off. they killed her off because they wrote her character into a corner, and it was hurting their ratings; same reason they preemptively killed lori.
>>
>>63195153
>>>/co/mblr
>>
>>63205598
She was the most tolerable Alexandria resident.
>>
>>63190498
Walking Dead is suppose to be realistic. A billionaire wouldn't be risking their life fighting crime they would be living in Sweden fucking legal 15 year old natural blondes.
>>
Negan is going to kill Glenn and make rick his bitch.
>>
All I know is Carol has been the only character I've liked or cared about in this show for a long time.
>>
>>63187704
Morgan is Jesus. It's pretty much a rule that the most moral character in any movie or show must be black.
>>
>>63205598
why do you hate her? she turn around real fast after she witness her husband got killed
surely she was idealist and was part of the problem b4 rich arrive but she recognized that and really want changes for the people
>>
>>63190429
Always thought a 6ft metal spear weapon would be a great first line of defense when dealing with 1 zombie. Have an AK-47 wrapped around you with a 9mm Glock in the waist and 2 big knives one for back up and a small gun holstered at the ankle for dealing with others who disarm you to take your shit.
>>
>>63205757
Thats why I hated her. She didn't give a shit until it started to effect her personally.

>Rick fuck off we don't need you we don't care-

>OH GOD MY HUSBAND RICK KILL HIM KILL HIM
>>
>>63202144

Laurie is so cute
>>
>>63205904
i can sympathy a little because all that time after shit hit the fan, alexandria is doing quite ok for itself so i guess she has that kind of attitute
didn't help that she used to be politician and they always think their way is right
>>
>>63203448
She's not even that fat lmao, her cheeks make her look way worse than she actually is.
>>
>>63205904
at first she was the one saying Alexandria needed Ricks group, then the preacher and Morgan started talking shit
>>
>>
>>63206052
> then the preacher and Morgan started talking shit
>yfw you realize they are all negro
>>
>>63206139
nice ass shot desu
>>
File: 1376032943427.jpg (130 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1376032943427.jpg
130 KB, 1600x1200
What I find most hilarious about this show is how zombies actually sneak up on people.

As if they're not already loud as fuck.
>>
>>63197228

So Rick can turn into Immortan Joe from Fury Road and go on a bandit killing spree?

Now that you mention it, it would turn the show away from the introspective bullshit its on and turn it back to its roots, I guess.
>>
>>63207091
Never forget the super stealth zombie that got Dale
>>
>>63187886
sounds problematic
>>
>>63200944
wait did black guy die?
>>
>>63200944
Looks like a guy from the comics.
I don't read them, but I saw a pic posted from them here and it looks like him.
>>
>>63198693
Yeah he's been like three different characters so far.

I liked the first one.
>>
>>63207091
If you haven't figured out by now, zombies aren't actually "zombies" in this show.

They're just vehicles for the plot, who are harmless doofuses 90% of the time but turn into silent fucking ninja's when its time for DRAMA.

One of the many many reasons the show is awful.
>>
Morgan is completely right, the state or any type of institution does not nor should it have the power to take the life of its citizens.

In this case 'the law' (Rick) kills people who are killers. By his circular logic he should kill himself.

The death penalty is inhumane, rehabilitation may not always be possible, but it should be attempted.

Carol sees all men as rapists and monsters. She is suffering PTSD and has never gotten over her abusive marriage, instead of trying to heal and move past her trauma, she has become some ninja assassin who will kill anyone who is even slightly disagreeable.

Morgan is the true leader of the group and one of the only moral compasses left. The other is the preacher, who had a struggle of faith but now is also reformed.

Rick is a bad judge of character (giving that idiot kid a gun) and overall an impulsive and irresponsible authority figure. Remember this is the guy hammering and reinforcing the wall for days, while the crumbling clock tower is teetering precariously right next to him. The guy is basically a moron, the show is centered around him because everywhere he goes things end up horribly worse.
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.