[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TPM is not as bad as RLM says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1448558051485.jpg (350 KB, 1024x620) Image search: [Google]
1448558051485.jpg
350 KB, 1024x620
TPM is not as bad as RLM says
>>
You're right. It's worse.
>>
>>63186404
Phantom menace defending contrarians will say this only because the plinkett reviews so thoroughly destroyed the movies that the plinkett opinions became the mainstream. People saying otherwise are reacting to that more than the quality of the movie itself, which is still objectively shit.
>>
>>63186404
do Granny Smiths have Luke on them?
>>
>>63186404
this is getting fucking ridiculous...gotta buy them apples tho
>>
>>63186404
It is. It's utter shit. The only thing it has going for it is the fact that most of the places are actual locations instead of CGI.

Attack of the Clones is the worst prequel, followed by TPM, which was crap and managed to fuck up the entire set up for the backstory of the series.

I can't believe they Obi Wan sit on the shit while Qui Gon and Jar Jar went to do the important stuff. He should've been the main character.
>>
It's a really bad movie. Even as a kid something felt really off about it. RLM summed it up really well and offered some insights I'd never considered before like the fact that there's no main character.
>>
Even if the plinkett reviews were overblown bullshit, they'd still be better than the OMG JAR JAR MAKES ME SO MAD dime a dozen bullshit.
>>
>>63186832
Granny Smiths are the superior apple, so they have Sheev.
>>
>>63191052
>granny smith is superior
Maybe to disgusting red delicious shit but granny smith doesn't hold a candle to fuji or gala or even honey crisp.
>>
>>63186404

That picture is hilarious.

Only in America.
>>
>>63186404
Agree. It was pretty good for me, actually.
>>
File: Picard_and_Kurlan_naiskos.jpg (127 KB, 527x680) Image search: [Google]
Picard_and_Kurlan_naiskos.jpg
127 KB, 527x680
I watched Star Trek Generations for the first time on Thanksgiving and it wasn't nearly as bad as Mike made it out to be. He may have given the prequels their proper comeuppance but Generations is better than every other TNG movie and even a few TOS movies (The Final Frontier specifically).
>>
>>63191267
>generations better than every other TNG movie
uwotm8. First contact is the only passable TNG flick.
>>
Darth Vader killed dozens of children and is considered a good way to sell apples.

maybe we should put Jeffrey Dahmer on every banana
>>
>>63191233
You wished.
I'm living in Paris and every single store and big fashion label is selling something star wars related since last week.
Printemps and La Fayette got the fucking robot, stormtroopers and so on in their window, next to their annual big christmas displays.

Disney bought every single designer over here. Even the smaller more underground clothing shops have random Star Wars characters on their tshirts.
>>
File: Not cool Lucas, people died.jpg (140 KB, 814x1110) Image search: [Google]
Not cool Lucas, people died.jpg
140 KB, 814x1110
Having recently rewatched it and Attack of the Clones and then the Plinkett reviews, he does sometimes nitpick (though to be fair, he admits to that in the reviews) and on one or two occasions he wrongly interprets information given in the films, but overall his sentiments and critiques are spot on.

Though I don't hate watching them as much now as I did when I saw them and they disappointed me at the theaters, mostly because I'm aware of their flaws and can look past them while admiring the world building and design, they really are a series of bad decisions made by a man past his prime and over his head, surrounded by sycophants because he was convinced by friends he reached out to that he should do everything himself.

That he didn't realize this after the mess that was Phantom Menace is on him though, Attack of the Clones is even worse, and to fucking shoot it 90% CGI and on digital in 200 and fucking 2.... Total head-in-the-sand bonkers.
>>
File: laughing-maggie.jpg (10 KB, 175x180) Image search: [Google]
laughing-maggie.jpg
10 KB, 175x180
>>63186445
I love it when the first reply is 100% correct.
>>
>>63191052
but Sheev didn't have a green lightsaber
>>
>>63191355
You do know how to differentiate real life and fiction, right neckbeard?
>>
>>63191147
Pink ladies are the patrish apple.
>>
File: Golden_delicious_apple.jpg (169 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Golden_delicious_apple.jpg
169 KB, 1600x1067
From my point of view, the Golden Delicious are evil!
>>
>>63186404
it's not a good movie but it's far better than everyone says it is

AotC is shit though
>>
File: 1443488825108.jpg (26 KB, 515x635) Image search: [Google]
1443488825108.jpg
26 KB, 515x635
>>63191717
>be me
>202 AD
>make movie using cgi doing the best my poor plebeian mind can do
>1813 years later
>some anon shits on me on an Tibetan knitting board
>mfw
>>
>>63186793
but the prequels were hated by almost everyone long before the reviews were popular

they just gave contrarians a singular things to attack as the main focus of prequel hate
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.