[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the worst Coen's movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 667x500
Is this the worst Coen's movie?
>>
>>63185907
Dude, it's in the top three. Fuck off.
>>
>>63185907
yeah
Fargo is also shit
well, not as good as people think of it
>>
Ladykillers, motherfucker.
>>
>>63185907
yup

couldn't even beat the original film
>>
no intolerable cruelty is
>>
File: The Ladykillers.jpg (75 KB, 485x719) Image search: [Google]
The Ladykillers.jpg
75 KB, 485x719
>>
>>63185918
Not smart, predictable, forgettable characters, really shitty villain.
>>
>>63185955
This

Ladykillers, which was worse than Intolerable Cruelty, which was worse than A Serious Man. I have seen Llewyn Davis, but by all accounts it is a terrible movie with its head up its ass.
>>
>>63186017
>mentioning Llewyn Davis and A Serious Man in the same breath as "worse"
>>
>>63185947
I don't say True Grit is shit, but it's worse than standart great Coen's movie.
>>
>>63185907
Completely unnecessary remake that doesn't live up to the original #783. Still Ladykillers is worse.
>>
>>63186017
>I haven't seen it but here is my opinion on a film
Jesus christ
>>
>>63186043
Replace Serious Man with Barton Fink and those are my exact thoughts.
>>
>>63185907
One of their weaker ones, yeah. Still alright I guess.
>>
Absolutely not as long as Intolerable Cruelty, Burn After Reading, and Ladykillers exist. I liked True Grit overall, though it's definitely not their best.
>>
>>63185907

No. It is good.

Also better than the original True Grit which frankly was not that gritty even in the context of its time.
>>
>>63185992

Not the best film they did obvious but Tom Hank's character in this movie is a top tier character.
>>
Worst: Intolerable Cruelty
2nd worst: Ladykillers
3rd worst: Barton Fink
>>
I love the novel, but the movie just didn't work. The girl was great, but the rest of the casting just didn't work at all.
>>
>>63185907
It's not a great movie, but Jeff Bridges was fun.
>>
>>63186017
>>63186978
>>63187231
>not liking Barton Fink or A Serious Man

I don't have a reaction image for this
>>
File: True-Grit-2-006.jpg (16 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
True-Grit-2-006.jpg
16 KB, 460x276
>They told me you had True Grit

Fucking really? This movie was boring & predictable, the girl I wanted to cunt punch & Jeff Bridges marble mouth was way over the top.
>>
I don't know why people think the Coen brothers are genius filmmakers, they literally made two good movies (No Country and The Big Lebowski), that's it. Every thing else is shit
>>
I thought it was pretty great. Its not trying to be anything more than a classical western and it succeeds at that
>>
>>63187231
3rd best: No Country for Old Men
2nd best: O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Best: Miller's Crossing
>>
File: what the fug.jpg (8 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.jpg
8 KB, 211x246
>>63187360
>he doesn't like Barton Fink
>he doesn't like Inside Llewyn Davis
>he doesn't like Fargo
>he doesn't like Burn After Reading
>he doesn't like BASED O Brother Where Art Thou
>>
File: 1.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>63187542
>he doesn't like Miller's Crossing.
>>
>>63185907
Short attention span pleb detected
>>
Great thread we got here.

>is this the worst Coen brothers movie?
>no, every other movie they did is
>>
>>63185907
O Brother>Lebowski>True Grit>ILD>No Country>Ladykillers>Raising Arizona>Barton Fink>Miller's Crossing>>>>>>>Literal Dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>Fargo
>>
>>63186001
>Not smart

Did you even listen to the dialogue?

>really shitty villain.

Thats like the point of the entire fucking movie, the fact he was so shitty was part of the lack of feeling of closure or satisfaction from the revenge quest.
>>
>>63185907

Top 5 in no order are

>True Grit
>No Country
>Fargo

Fourth is Millers Crossing
>>
>>63187542
Are those movies good? Moron
>>
Not everything has to be a Serious Man

Sometimes you just want to have a good time

Oh but posting the GOAT

https://vimeo.com/104193227
>>
>>63187542
>he doesn't like Burn After Reading

that's completely fine, though
>>
>Lead character doesn't even get her name on the poster.
>>
>>63192349
her name is right there: Jeff Bridges.
>>
>>63192349
Well no one would go watch a movie just because some teenage girl that's never been in anything before is in it. she's the only reason I watched it
>>
>tfw people will never recognize The Ladykillers, Intolerable Cruelty and The Hudsucker Proxy for the breezy, wildly inventive, funny, spellbinding films that they are
>tfw people will never recognize Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, Blood Simple, Inside Llewyn Davis for the heavy-handed, plodding trash that it deserves to be known as
>tfw people will continue to overrate Burn After Reading, even though it isn't any better than the first three films I mentioned
>>
>>63192653
Hudsucker Proxy is good. You're trolling with the rest though.
>>
3rd worst: Burn After Reading
2nd worst: The Ladykillers
Worst: Intolerable Cruelty

3rd best: Barton Fink
2nd best: Fargo
Best: A Serious Man
>>
File: 1447253096188.jpg (19 KB, 292x348) Image search: [Google]
1447253096188.jpg
19 KB, 292x348
Post your top and rate others m8s:
No country for old men>Inside Llewyn Davis>Millers crossing>Barton Fink>Fargo>Burn after reading>The Big Lebowski>The man who wasn't there>shit>True grit>A serious man
Haven't seen the rest.
>>
It's a fine movie, but completely unnecessary, as it's almost a scene for scene re-shoot of the original with the same dialogue. The only thing that changed was the actors, and they actually bring the whole experience down by being recognizable big names that can't disappear into a character.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.