[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Professor Jirafales want to beat Don Ramon up for teaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
Why did Professor Jirafales want to beat Don Ramon up for teaching Chavo how to box?

He said it's something brutal and animal-like, but many people left poverty with the help of boxing, and it surely kept tons of people from doing crimes, as they have said themselves. Isn't it a bit contradictory?
>>
wtf
>>
deepest lore
>>
>>63184615
RIP roberto bolanos,i'm white and I don't speak spanish but I watched el chavo growing up as a child.
>>
>>63184615

No me parece que sea contradictorio. Si lo piensas bien, el profesor Jirafales quería ayudar al Chavo a través de la educación; desde esta perspectiva, el boxeo aparece como un camino opuesto al que él pretendía mostrarle.
>>
>>63184803
it's true that boxing wouldn't be the intellectual way, however martial arts & sports do teach a lot of values of respect and humility, sure it isn't healthy to get punched in the head, but I don't think Don Ramon had bad intentions, it was just something Chavo could learn
>>
>>63184854
Both sides being right is the perfect setup for a fight
>>
>>63184803
Build
>>
i like this thread
>>
>>63184747
Kek, me too. Watching that without understanding a word of dialogue is better and more wholesome than nearly everything else on tv.
>>
The joke is that even Jirafales says boxing is wrong he tries to solve thing with violence.
>>
GO BACK TO THE GARDEN
>>
File: Don Ramón.jpg (48 KB, 940x520) Image search: [Google]
Don Ramón.jpg
48 KB, 940x520
"Revenge is never full, it kills the soul, and then poisons it"
Don Ramón master race
>>
We need a parody of Chavo as Rocky and Don Ramon as Mickey
>>
File: angry ramon.jpg (11 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
angry ramon.jpg
11 KB, 300x203
>>63185187
Patty weakens legs!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443246486663.jpg (10 KB, 426x474) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443246486663.jpg
10 KB, 426x474
>it's a Quico episode
>>
File: krusty.jpg (65 KB, 641x802) Image search: [Google]
krusty.jpg
65 KB, 641x802
>>63184747
>>63185081
you make me sick
>>
Jirafales is an egotist.

He believed that Chavo had to follow his way and that boxing didn't lead anywhere.
>>
>>63185081
I recently started seeing it at my GFs place and I agree. It's not just a nostalgia thing.
>>
>>63185525
>>63185081
Netflix needs to put it up with subtitles.
>>
There was a similar story arc in the comic strip 'Baldo' which is about a Mexican-American teenager. Baldo becomes interested in boxing but all the boxers are portrayed as dumb psychos and he quickly quits. Weird.

There's nothing wrong with boxing. Lots of football players get concussions too. Not all boxers have bad brain damage as they get older. Jake lamotta was still sharp even as an old man.
>>
File: Chavo and Mr. Crookley.jpg (54 KB, 508x380) Image search: [Google]
Chavo and Mr. Crookley.jpg
54 KB, 508x380
>>63185427
Not any of those anons but Chespirito was a fucking genius. People didn't call him Little Shakespeare for nothing.

>>63185525
>>63185564
El Chavo is a universal kind of humor, that deals with human relationships, those archetypes of people, the orphan, the spoiled brat, the mischievous kid, the fat businessman, those are things that you could see in all kinds of societies, it's a timeless setting that also reminds me of early Simpsons, before it started to become about 500 celebrities appearing on the show.

El Chavo episodes had lots of lessons to teach, such as the one with Mister Hurtado right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf8SQMFRZQw&t=21m49s

After Chavo was mistaken for the thief, he went to a church because he felt guilty after being wrongly accused of stealing:
>Chavo: so the father told me to pray, and that everything would be alright
>Chillindrina: but that didn't work, because they didn't catch the thief
>Chavo: but I didn't pray so they would find the thief
>Chillindrina: so?
>Chavo: I prayed so the thief would repent and come back as a good person

This kind of teaching of values, ethics, can't be found on any TV show these days.
>>
>>63184803
BUILD IT
>>
>>63184615

>REDDIT: EL SHOW
>>
Don "King" Ramon would kick Jirafales ass. He used to be a boxer you know...
>>
File: 90456.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
90456.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>63186187
>reddit
>ever admiring values
>show was innocent as fuck and had something to teach you

You sound like a retard.
>>
>>63186235
reddit loves El Chavo tho
>>
>>63186212
>>63186212

And even then, he took every unwarranted beating from that bitch doña florinda. Trully a supreme gentleman.
>>
>>63186212
So what? Jirafales is like 40kg bigger
>>
>>63186500

/tv/ loves to talk about interracial relationships and BBC, explain that mr kuk
>>
>>63186500
El Chavo and Chapulin are too subversive and politically incorrect for it to be true at all.

If anything, the "im too mature for this silly slapstick stuff", fedora edgelord reddit crowd would hate the show.
>>
>>63186520
>Supreme gentleman

Kek, it makes sense.

The suit, the flowers, the unwarranted self importance. But the icing on the cake is pining for a single mom.
>>
>>63186608
This desu.
>>
>>63186082
Señor Hurtado /fa/ as fuck on that chapter.
>>
>>63184803
Sports, like boxing, could help in educating him
>>
>>63184747
>not ñ master race
>>
>>63185427
>hating life this much

you make me sick
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.